Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News
189,227 Views | 1128 Replies
taylorswift13
12:54p, 6/24/23
Haven't heard that
YaBoyBP
3:13p, 6/24/23
Saw Asinga was racing at the NYC Grand Prix against Lyles - is he able to maintain his amateur status with that? Not sure how all that works, haha
shady
4:08p, 6/24/23
In reply to YaBoyBP
And he was wearing a NB kit...other HS kids and college kids were wearing their HS or college kits.

Not sure if that means anything or not.
taylorswift13
4:24p, 6/24/23
In reply to YaBoyBP
Yeah he raced against pros earlier in the year and actually beat Lyles in the 100
Lewist
5:26p, 6/26/23
Hope he actually comes to TAMU..we will be a force with the sprinters that area there now
taylorswift13
5:29p, 6/26/23
In reply to Lewist
That's what we're hoping for!! What happens next weekend will play a huge factor!
Lewist
5:30p, 6/26/23
Why do you say that….

Lewist
5:32p, 6/26/23
Right now we have one 10.1 and two sub 10.3's…as long as we get 1 decent sprinter to complete the group we are in finals in the 4x1 for sure
taylorswift13
6:09p, 6/26/23
In reply to Lewist
My bad I keep thinking he's going to compete next weekend at nationals but he wasn't born in the United States!
taylorswift13
6:15p, 6/26/23
But yeah having him on a second leg or anchor would be insane! Building a relay around him and Martin would be huge! I want a sprinter transfer, preferably a sub 10.2 guy, but a relay pool of Asinga, Martin, Mount, Chopane, Teer, a healthy Keanu Jones, Schulman, and freshman Bobby Drake and Powell could be solid! For the men to be competitive we have to capitalize on both relays! Having James Smith and Bryce McCray will be huge! Ushan Perera and Sam Hankins will score in the field events! I would love a vaulter or a multi to step up! Not sure if we get Bryce Foster for another year! Asinga will score in the 100/200, Schulman in the 10 hurdles, maybe a 400 runner can step up, and Sam Whitmarsh and transfer Kimar Farquharson can score in the 800! The men can have a really strong squad next season and I'm looking forward to it! Our entire 4x4 relay pool returns! Need them to take a leap forward!
triniaggie
6:20p, 6/26/23
What about footballer Jordan Anthony scoring both indoors and outdoors for us?
triniaggie
6:23p, 6/26/23
We also need some long jumpers and triple jumpers and if we can find a descent hammer and discuss thrower would also be huge.
taylorswift13
6:24p, 6/26/23
In reply to triniaggie
Exactly! Love how the girls went and got a great signee from Jamaica for the throws! Wish the guys could do the same! The girls throwing squad will be strong with our jav duo returning to go with McKenzie Fairchild in the javelin and Carlie Weiser in the shot put! I don't think our men signed anyone in the shot put yet! Not to sure about walk ons!
triniaggie
6:43p, 6/26/23
Do you think 5 star football signee David Hicks would throw for us during track season?

PBs
Discus
202-2
Shot Put
63-6
taylorswift13
6:55p, 6/26/23
In reply to triniaggie
I would hope he considers it! He started track midway through junior year and accomplished that! Imagine what he could do with more coaching and time! He has the size to transition to the heavier implements! I hope he considers it!
taylorswift13
6:57p, 6/26/23
Wow can't believe I forgot about Jordan Anthony in the relay pool! His 6.54 to go with Asinga will be crazy! He also has a 10.16 and 20.91!
taylorswift13
6:58p, 6/26/23
Jordan Anthony - Issam Asinga - Devontae Mount - Ryan Martin
Lewist
7:10p, 6/26/23
Based on what we know we have.. this team could goes top 3 in this order…
Devante..#1 because of his acceleration out of the blocks
Martin#2…because of his speed maintenance on the flats
Teer#3…because he runs the curve better than most and rarely looses his exchange
Anthony/Asinga#4… because they both finish well

38.3 or better all day
Lewist
7:12p, 6/26/23
taylorswift13
7:20p, 6/26/23
Yes can't wait! I wonder how Anthony would look at the start because of his 60 time, but I liked how Mount got out of the blocks
taylorswift13
7:21p, 6/26/23
Asinga and possibly one more ALL AMERICAN type transfer in the jumps or throws can make this team a national championship contender
triniaggie
7:51p, 6/26/23
Watching the Texas women 4x100 team, I thought Alfred would have run the 2nd or the last leg. However they made her start the relay off which give them a huge advantage from the first leg. Very interesting but successful move by their team
taylorswift13
7:53p, 6/26/23
In reply to triniaggie
She has also finally gone pro… thank the heavens
shady
8:26p, 6/26/23
In reply to taylorswift13
taylorswift13 said:

My bad I keep thinking he's going to compete next weekend at nationals but he wasn't born in the United States!

I think he was born in Atlanta, GA and has dual citizenship, but is running for his father's country at the World Championships.
triniaggie
4:29p, 6/28/23
Is Ashton Schwartzman in the transfer portal?
triniaggie
6:56p, 6/28/23
Dillion Bedell commits to LSU instead of the Aggies
taylorswift13
3:38p, 7/1/23
Florida women have added 3 distance stars to go with Parker Valby! Flomena Asekol from Bama and two all Americans from New Mexico
taylorswift13
3:38p, 7/1/23
And they have also added some top throwers as well!
Aceswimmer09
7:22p, 7/1/23
Will we ever win another NC?
cheese85
9:35p, 7/2/23
In reply to Aceswimmer09
I think next year is as good a chance as we have for the men's side... at least compared to the past few seasons. If you see taylorswift13 post above describing the men's team, we have a ton of tier talent in multiple events and they will just get old/more experience with another year

Asinga has the immediate chance to potentially win the 100,200, and/or 4x100 depending on how he is used as just a freshman
Whitmarsh had his first healthy season in a long time and gained valuable experience at regionals and nationals going into his junior year, plus him, Farquadson and Norris will all work together to be a strong three headed monster
Everyone returns from the 4x100 and we just get stronger with Asinga and Anthony
Everyone returns from the 4x400 that finally broke through at nationals with two 3flat performances, with Auhmad splitting 43
Our 400m squad was young this past year and I could see them getting multiple people to nationals, especially if Hemphill is healthy all season
I haven't seen many people mention Ondrej Gajdos from Czech Republic. He comes in as a freshman with a PR of 3:42 in the 1500m
Schulman is just getting started in the 110 hurdles after running consistent sub-13.5 to finish first team allamerican
The 400m hurdles boys are good and hungry for more after performing at the NCAA meet
And that's just on the track. Carter Bajoit (high jump) and Sam Hankins (javelin) ended their years with great performances in the national championship meet after long injury. Jack Mann III will be a strong leader in the pole vault with a year under his belt.

All these names, plus others that Coach Henry will bring in, plus more that will get stronger and surprise us with another summer/fall of training.
The team is there. We have one of, if not THE greatest coach in the history of the sport. He had a young team this past year, even if coach didn't want to say it. Trust him, he can and will put the pieces together!
taylorswift13
9:57p, 7/2/23
Now this post makes me happy!
taylorswift13
9:58p, 7/2/23
Can't wait to see what transfers we bring in on the women's side! We need to get our 400 group stronger like we usually do! And jumps as well!
hurdlenut
8:21a, 7/3/23
Just a quick question… a couple of earlier posts mentioned something about a school policy to be enacted that would limit the sizes of the women's and men's track squads. Have we learned anymore about this, or has the school not addressed this issue with the public. Curious about who will return this coming winter.
trackaggie76
9:11a, 7/3/23
In reply to hurdlenut
This is a good item for TexAgs to look into. It is my understanding the team has to get smaller before next school year.
Ag4eva95
9:38a, 7/3/23
In reply to trackaggie76
Any idea on why it has to get smaller?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 26 of 33
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >