Aggie Volleyball - The Morrison Edition
147,226 Views | 1277 Replies
JPN06
6:14p, 11/25/23
I don't think we will get in. After this loss we'll be right at the bubble with RPI. Losing conference record. 4-11 va the top 50. Awful finish to the season.
Ag4eva95
6:44p, 11/25/23
In reply to JPN06
I agree with this. I don't have a great feeling. This team is in shambles as we close the season, they don't deserve an NCAA berth.
JPN06
8:27p, 11/25/23
It's just as well. Probably better off shutting this mess down and reloading the roster.
Swollen Thumb
10:59p, 11/25/23
Yeah, I'm not sure we deserve to be in. Remarkable implosion over the second half. Morrison needs to figure it out. Very disappointing after such a great start.
Faustus
2:19a, 11/26/23
Volleytalk poster with pretty good bona fides as far as predicting this stuff thinks A&M is in easily (as an 8 seed) FWIW.

https://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/96871/final-2023-bracketology
Ag4eva95
9:16a, 11/26/23
In reply to Swollen Thumb
Bird recruited these players, not all of them have bad attitudes. Lots of great players to work with, but I think it's a same battle womens basketball is facing. They don't know how to win consistently. They don't know how to close out sets. The last half of the season we had a lot of close set losses too. This team greatly lacks leadership. A leader who can take over the game when their back is against the wall.

All of Birds teams lacked urgency and we are seeing that now. It's hard to coach someone to understand and act with urgency. I haven't seen any it with this program since Gomez was libero
Greengreengrass
12:36p, 11/26/23
They are in and in easily. They are actually going to be seeded, so that also says how far they are in. The staff did this with 1 senior playing big minutes and the other senior playing half the minutes. They are in a very good spot with the arms on the roster they just need to find a legit setter and an outside to fill in for Caroline's spot.
They have arguably a middle blocker group that is top 5 in the country, they are legit. They have a rightside that is also top 15 in the country at her position. Bianna does some things that a lot of kids just can't do, now she also makes a lot of freshman mistakes and rode the freshman roller coaster as well.
Overall, they added some pieces and took a non tournament team to the tournament (and will most likely win round 1). That is success
Ag4eva95
12:57p, 11/26/23
In reply to Greengreengrass
I'm not so sure about this. Seeded usually means they are a top 16 team and that is not us. We are going to be sweating it out. Alabama loss will hurt the rpi, and that's just a small factor of everything else. Last 10 matches, SOS, etc. We may get in but we are definitely no top 16 team
Faustus
1:40p, 11/26/23
In reply to Ag4eva95
Ag4eva95 said:

I'm not so sure about this. Seeded usually means they are a top 16 team and that is not us. We are going to be sweating it out. Alabama loss will hurt the rpi, and that's just a small factor of everything else. Last 10 matches, SOS, etc. We may get in but we are definitely no top 16 team

Only the Top 16 (seeds 1-4 in each region) will host, but the teams will be seeded 1-8 in each region.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/other-sports/news/ncaa-volleyball-tournament-selection-2023-time-channel-bracket/989e6187caca1a159a86c5ec

Quote:

. . . Teams are grouped in fours and seeded 1-8 for the bracket, but only the top 16 teams will host. . . .
Anchorhold
2:21p, 11/26/23
Greengreengrass
2:48p, 11/26/23
In reply to Faustus
Thank you for clarifying this for the poster. I assumed everyone that wanted to say we shouldn't get in would also know how the process of the tournament works.
Ag4eva95
3:53p, 11/26/23
In reply to Greengreengrass
Well what an accomplishment I guess, half the field is seeded. Yay.
kwammer
5:01p, 11/26/23
that early Florida win is likely the difference b/t in or out for the tourney.
Team caught a break that Florida had just lost their setter a few matches prior.

It's the little things over a long season that matter sometimes.
Chapa96
5:40p, 11/26/23
We are in. Playing tu Thursday.
Wicked Good Ag
5:42p, 11/26/23
There is no way we equate to a 15 seed as an at large.

I know they only sees the top 32 of the 64 but wow.

Won't be pretty if we play like we have the last month and half
Shucky
5:42p, 11/26/23
Texas is, obviously, better than us. But, man, what an awful first round matchup for them.
Ag4eva95
5:46p, 11/26/23
In reply to Wicked Good Ag
I saw them playing SMU, can't believe they saw us lower than Texas State
Shucky
5:53p, 11/26/23
Committee just wanted a matchup. There is NO way some of these automatic qualifiers are near as good as us. Texas has to be pissed. We have enough athletes to at least scare them, which those auto qualifiers don't.
Anchorhold
5:56p, 11/26/23
BTHOt.u.
Jack Pearson
8:45p, 11/26/23
In reply to Shucky
Shucky said:

Committee just wanted a matchup. There is NO way some of these automatic qualifiers are near as good as us. Texas has to be pissed. We have enough athletes to at least scare them, which those auto qualifiers don't.
This.
Giggem
9:02p, 11/26/23
NCAA selection committees in multiple sports for the last several years have matched us up with t.u. at every opportunity. At least that lame approach to drawing up the post-season bracket will stop next year. It's gotten to be very tiresome.
flintdragon
12:17a, 11/27/23
How do I get tickets to the game?
PJYoung
11:22a, 11/27/23
PJYoung
11:24a, 11/27/23
In reply to Shucky
Shucky said:

That's why they don't seed the entire field.

Travel $.

Sucks for us that Texas is really good at a lot of the non-revenue sports but like was said, that ends next season for the playoffs at least.
mullokmotx
12:21p, 11/27/23
Our final RPI was 37. The best RPI to not get invited was NCSU at 44.
mullokag
Swollen Thumb
1:53p, 11/27/23
In reply to mullokmotx
mullokmotx said:

Our final RPI was 37. The best RPI to not get invited was NCSU at 44.
I know we tailed off at the end, but making the tourney in year 1 with a very young team is a good accomplishment for these players and staff. We probably get bounced by tu, but certainly have some positives to build on moving forward.
BiochemAg97
4:46p, 11/27/23
Coach Jamie came in with a multi step goal to get to an NC. First step was make the playoffs. Next steps were consistently get to the sweet 16, the start making the final 4 and then be in position to win it all in a good year.

While it would be great if we can pull the upset and knock the sips out, just making the tournament makes this year a success.

Gotta see what the team can do, and then we build on it going forward.
Ag4eva95
10:02p, 11/27/23
Texas Tech grad transfer setter Reese Rhodes is in the portal. Been running a 5-1 for 2 years now with great success. I'm sure there will be many many others, but fairly exciting. From Waco too…..
drumbeat10
1:21p, 11/28/23
How are you able to see who is in the portal?
Anchorhold
1:49p, 11/28/23
In reply to drumbeat10
The keep a pretty good listing here: https://twitter.com/CVBTransfers
ProwessBold
10:57a, 11/30/23
Big game tonight!! Can the Ags shock the Horns??
flintdragon
1:25p, 11/30/23
too bad I don't have a way to watch it. LOL stupid LHN
Sargie
1:36p, 11/30/23
It's on ESPN+.
flintdragon
1:40p, 11/30/23
In reply to Sargie
Sargie said:

It's on ESPN+.
oh yeah? I thought ESPN+ didn't include LHN?
Anchorhold
3:17p, 11/30/23
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 29 of 37
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode