Aggie Volleyball - The Morrison Edition
147,162 Views | 1277 Replies
Ag4eva95
12:12p, 12/8/23
In reply to flintdragon
That's what I mean by special. Seems like she was born with the mentality she has today.
Ag4eva95
12:15p, 12/8/23
For what's its worth, Aggie volleyball started following Avery Carlson from Baylor and Jackie Barrett from Auburn, but very talented 5-1 setters….
drumbeat10
2:07p, 12/8/23
Seems like Jackie Barrett has been removed from the roster on the Auburn website even though she played all but one match for them this season. Kind of strange...
Ag4eva95
2:14p, 12/8/23
In reply to drumbeat10
She's a helluva setter, good stats too.
russaggie
2:39p, 12/8/23
Looks like Bri Warren is entering the portal. Would be a nice addition.
drumbeat10
2:54p, 12/8/23
In reply to russaggie
russaggie said:

Looks like Bri Warren is entering the portal. Would be a nice addition.
What school/position? Not turning up a quick answer after googling her name.
drumbeat10
2:54p, 12/8/23
Also someone on Volleytalk is saying Nisa entered the portal...
Ag4eva95
3:13p, 12/8/23
In reply to drumbeat10
I had a feeling she'd be gone, I didn't see a path forward for her if we were going to improve upon a strong start to the season
B$Weigem
3:42p, 12/8/23
Bri Warren had played softball at A&M and transferred last year. Bri's younger sister played volleyball at Purdue.
Wicked Good Ag
3:56p, 12/8/23
I doubt she comes here after her dad went scorched earth on softball
Ag4eva95
4:46p, 12/8/23
In reply to Wicked Good Ag
Completely agree, I don't think she's coming here.
AB2
9:32a, 12/9/23
In reply to Ag4eva95
Ag4eva95 said:

If it helps add context to what I've been alluding to regarding thinking highly of character, her little sister is at her second highschool, soon to be third(she's currently a junior). Girls at Cy Ranch didn't play volleyball because Bianna had a strict ownership of the program. Now D1 level girls are playing because the Muonekes aren't playing. That is straight from a prior teammate.

I can 1st hand verify this statement with a kid who went through that program. The stories I could tell…and Coach Woodward was in an impossible position. Much respect for her.
Swollen Thumb
5:12p, 12/9/23
In reply to AB2
AB2 said:

Ag4eva95 said:

If it helps add context to what I've been alluding to regarding thinking highly of character, her little sister is at her second highschool, soon to be third(she's currently a junior). Girls at Cy Ranch didn't play volleyball because Bianna had a strict ownership of the program. Now D1 level girls are playing because the Muonekes aren't playing. That is straight from a prior teammate.

I can 1st hand verify this statement with a kid who went through that program. The stories I could tell…and Coach Woodward was in an impossible position. Much respect for her.

Wow. Wonder if that's the only reason Bird was able to get her….no one else wanted to deal with the baggage. In any event, best of luck to her.
AB2
5:54p, 12/9/23
In reply to Swollen Thumb
Swollen Thumb said:

AB2 said:

Ag4eva95 said:

Wow. Wonder if that's the only reason Bird was able to get her….no one else wanted to deal with the baggage. In any event, best of luck to her.

I don't know how much of that is public outside of the program and the kids at Ranch. She was pretty protected from that standpoint.
russaggie
8:23p, 12/10/23
Looks like Alayna Pearson has jumped into the portal as well.
Ag4eva95
8:29p, 12/10/23
In reply to russaggie
This one was easy to see, I just saw the post on Instagram. Just more open spots for next year! I bet we see more…
drumbeat10
10:35a, 12/11/23
Curious to know who we are going after in the portal and hoping to hear about some signings soon! I believe the deadline is January 1st, correct?
BiochemAg97
1:23p, 12/11/23
In reply to drumbeat10
drumbeat10 said:

Curious to know who we are going after in the portal and hoping to hear about some signings soon! I believe the deadline is January 1st, correct?

I believe Jan 1 is the deadline to enter the portal. Players in the portal probably have until spring enrollment to actually pick a school.
Ag4eva95
3:44p, 12/13/23
Aggies get LSU setter, Maddie Waak. This seems to be a very solid addition. 5-10, ran a 5-1, former top 30 recruit. Comes from Houston area
Wicked Good Ag
3:55p, 12/13/23
In reply to Ag4eva95
Ag4eva95 said:

Aggies get LSU setter, Maddie Waak. This seems to be a very solid addition. 5-10, ran a 5-1, former top 30 recruit. Comes from Houston area
Meh not a setter for just a 5-1 IMO

I would continue with a 6-2 honestly but she could be more dynamic and faster than Nisa
Ag4eva95
4:00p, 12/13/23
Agreed, I don't see her taking the reins. But she's talented and had some good games for some bad LSU teams. I still see us taking another setter, maybe one of less experience to run a 6-2.

But I do think this is a huge upgrade compared to what we had last year, even in a 6-2
drumbeat10
4:39p, 12/13/23
Exciting news! Ready to see who else we are getting.
Shucky
5:11p, 12/13/23
Maddie is a tremendous setter. Watched her play for four years at Katy. I expect her and Margo to run a 6-2. Note that she was part of the Skyline team with Ava and Logan (maybe Morgan too). Also note that several other players from that Skyline team are currently in the portal: Bre Warren (Purdue), Courtney O'Brien (Tech - a year younger but played with them in 16's, I believe) and Alexis Dacosta (Baylor).
Ag4eva95
5:19p, 12/13/23
In reply to Shucky
Time to get the gang back together
Swollen Thumb
6:10p, 12/13/23
In reply to Shucky
Is Courtney's older sister still playing at Tech or graduated? Her younger is a junior setter at Cinco Ranch in Katy and believe committed to Kentucky. Assume she is at Skyline also? Watched he in the state tourney and was really impressed. Wonder if one could open the door with the other. Get that Skyline pipeline going!!
Wicked Good Ag
4:06p, 12/14/23
Final Four tonight on ESPN

Neb vs Pitt

Wisconsin vs t.u.

6pm
B$Weigem
7:12p, 12/14/23
Nebraska has no seniors on their roster. They only play 7 players. Seems to me that some of the reserves could be poached.
Ag4eva95
7:34p, 12/14/23
In reply to B$Weigem
I'd take their entire bench and we'd probably be a sweet 16 team
Wicked Good Ag
8:23p, 12/14/23
Blocking defense and pin hitting. Those were the keys. And defense wasn't as strong as Nebraska usually is.
drumbeat10
10:29a, 12/18/23
Anyone hearing any rumors or rumblings about other transfers in? We seem to be in desperate need of some 6 rotation pin hitters.
Wicked Good Ag
8:28a, 12/19/23
Emily Hellmuth 6'3'' OH from Pepperdine is what i heard as incoming

Ag4eva95
9:39a, 12/19/23
Saw that on the volleytalk board early this morning. Was the 2022 WCC Freshmen of the year, but her stats are ehhh. Her hitting percentage is what worries me. She had a sophomore slump to add to the numbers. Also isn't a 6 rotation player.

If true, I'd give this a tentative grade of a B
drumbeat10
10:11a, 12/19/23
Hopefully we have at least one more incoming OH. I wonder if they are thinking of using Hellmuth on the right in a 6-2?
Ag4eva95
10:17a, 12/19/23
In reply to drumbeat10
I was watching her swing, she definitely looks more like a RS/OPP. That's a really good catch. She doesnt have a very fluid swing, almost looks like she was a middle converted to a pin at some point
Wicked Good Ag
10:53a, 12/19/23
She played OH for Pepperdine. We need OH and don't need a RS especially if we run a 5-1 system at any time.
I still think blocking is doing to be something that elevates us in the 2024 season.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 34 of 37
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings