Star Wars Discussion Thread
6,130,371 Views | 44472 Replies
Aggie Therapist
8:20p, 5/4/24
Daughter and I took out our sabers we made at Galaxy's Edge. Great quality and interchangeable kyber crystals for different sounds/hums and saber colors. Sabers detach from the hilt as well, so it makes for great display.

The experience was amazing too. Well worth the $200.

maroon barchetta
8:46p, 5/4/24

jokershady
8:53p, 5/4/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
That reminds me I gotta change the batteries on mine….got a decent darth maul costume and I used my dark side red saber I made at galaxy's edge as a prop last Halloween…..burned up those batteries good
Aggie Therapist
9:30p, 5/4/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
You are disgusting!
maroon barchetta
8:49a, 5/5/24

maroon barchetta
10:25a, 5/5/24
They missed the timing on this one. Or did they?

The reference to Gungans was unexpected.

https://babylonbee.com/news/mark-hamill-joins-death-star-press-conference-to-say-what-a-good-job-he-thinks-the-emperor-is-doing?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2Yq4cZTykFkKVfEhVUFzmfASU1TTDaXCr5euvcHJ837WS3KL5nR1zCcX8_aem_AQQ5y0iNS2MdsOgajPFU_KFU9bge5PLsCU52WPqGwqj91KWPsRe-q4Ph2I8uL9kWCAF3_TNyHvH59dUqZWuLBzQq
fig96
10:34a, 5/5/24
Attack of the Clones is on TBS and maybe it's the broadcast quality but I don't remember the compositing on Genosis being this bad.
Brian Earl Spilner
10:44a, 5/5/24
Brian Earl Spilner
10:45a, 5/5/24
double aught
12:08p, 5/5/24
In reply to fig96
fig96 said:

Attack of the Clones is on TBS and maybe it's the broadcast quality but I don't remember the compositing on Genosis being this bad.
Everything about Attack of the Clones is worse than you remember.
Brian Earl Spilner
12:19p, 5/5/24
In reply to double aught
Not Natalie Portman in that dress.
redline248
12:51p, 5/5/24
Watched Tales of the Empire. I'm not sure I cared much for the Barriss story.
jokershady
1:22p, 5/5/24
Watched Tales of the Empire with the family last night. Blacking out in case spoilers since there's no thread for it.

Everything with Morgan Elsbeth was awesome!!! Felt like old school clone wars with how dark it got in a few places.

But Barrie's story was pretty underwhelming….hard for me to remember her from clone wars but from what I remember she HATED the Jedi….so her turn back was pretty weak by the second episode….and then the way the 3rd one ended so abruptly….just felt weird…..so wasn't as big a fan of this season as I was tales of the Jedi due to that….
The Porkchop Express
1:35p, 5/5/24
Into the home stretch of the marathon!
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jokershady
2:19p, 5/5/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
Does that include Rogue One and Solo?
The Porkchop Express
4:44p, 5/5/24
In reply to jokershady
jokershady said:

Does that include Rogue One and Solo?
I-IX
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jokershady
5:51p, 5/5/24
TCTTS
5:52p, 5/5/24
Cinco Ranch Aggie
6:17p, 5/5/24
In reply to jokershady
jokershady said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Going on Sunday with the wife. I told her only that we are going to see Star Wars, as I have never gotten her to sit still ling enough to watch TPM at home. She thinks we are going to see Episode IV.
open text scroll and your wife's reaction….

Spot on
#FJB
Cinco Ranch Aggie
6:18p, 5/5/24
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And Cinco's...

And equally spot on.
#FJB
The Porkchop Express
7:03p, 5/5/24
In reply to jokershady
jokershady said:

The movie theater picked them, not me
jokershady
10:26p, 5/5/24
The best iPhone commercial you'll ever see….

Kate Beckett
3:45a, 5/6/24
Got asked if I was in that commercial, but I was not. Several were in the Mando Mercs Costume Club though (I am also a member).
The Porkchop Express
6:16a, 5/6/24
In reply to jokershady
jokershady said:

The best iPhone commercial you'll ever see….

Great one. I always like to post my favorite SW commercial for the 4th

MoreCushing4thePushing
9:01a, 5/6/24
I was not aware that 'Revenge of the Sixth' was a thing until I logged onto Amazon this morning.
jokershady
10:23a, 5/6/24
In reply to MoreCushing4thePushing
MoreCushing4thePushing said:

I was not aware that 'Revenge of the Sixth' was a thing until I logged onto Amazon this morning.
I was under the impression that was on the fifTH of the month….
The Porkchop Express
10:50a, 5/6/24
I am slowly recovering the I-IX marathon that my wife has been frowning upon since I mentioned it a month ago. For all those who saw The Phantom Menace again this weekend, I have 2 thoughts that I thought we could bandy around.

1) They must have filmed the Tatooine stuff first, because Jake Lloyd really struggles there, but is better on Coruscant and Naboo.

2) He's a lot better when he's talking to puppets, droids, and CGI characters than the other actors. This sounds like a slight but it isn't, but when he talks to Sebulba and Watto in Huttese, he seems pretty good.

Also my theater had a blast making fun of Ric Olie aka Captain Obvious. "Tatooine!" he calls out when Tatooine is literally 98% of the viewport of the ship. "There's the blockade!" he calls out as he flies the ship STRAIGHT AT IT. That guy never gets old.
Brian Earl Spilner
11:14a, 5/6/24
In reply to jokershady
jokershady said:

MoreCushing4thePushing said:

I was under the impression that was on the fifTH of the month….

This.
The Porkchop Express
11:28a, 5/6/24
Some screenies from the new Acolyte trailer.

Realy slick filmography on the Trinity vs. Protagonist in the extended look at the end of TPM; lots of new way of how to use the Force.
Brian Earl Spilner
11:35a, 5/6/24
Heard a theory that Trinity dies in the opening scene.

Kinda makes sense, she's not in any of the other scenes, I don't think.
jokershady
12:31p, 5/6/24
rewatching the trailer right now....linking for convenience....

at the beginning when they say, "last night a jedi was murdered" it looks like the bad dude-et walking away is in the same wooden room where she fights trinity so it could be....

but if you jump to the 1:11 mark you see her character is still there.....now it could be a flashback but she looks the same age so maybe that voiceover is referring to another jedi death....could still be trinities but who knows....

Decay
12:45p, 5/6/24
The priority to me is that if she's going to be around for a few episodes they have to very clearly introduce and reinforce her character's name, or she'll be Trinity forever
jokershady
1:02p, 5/6/24
In reply to Decay
They'd might as well name her something that ends with "inity"….thatd help make it stick….

When are we going to see a Jedi named "Karen" or "Chad" ???
maroon barchetta
1:30p, 5/6/24

redline248
1:32p, 5/6/24
In reply to jokershady
jokershady said:

They'd might as well name her something that ends with "inity"….thatd help make it stick….

When are we going to see a Jedi named "Karen" or "Chad" ???
Do you think the Jedi kept the children's given names or gave them new ones?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1267 of 1271
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings