*** MOVIE TRAILERS & RELEASE DATES ***
478,853 Views | 4002 Replies
TCTTS
5:26p, 4/18/24
In reply to swimmerbabe11
Now THIS is exactly what I would imagine someone named "Lady Raven" to look like. And their popularity level to be as well. Not one of the world's biggest pop stars.
Sex Panther
5:27p, 4/18/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
Quote:

It's like if they had a "young Gandalf and Saruman" movie where them were working as life guards one crazy summer, trying to save up to buy their first wands and getting laid as much as possible

Well to be fair… that sounds ****ing awesome
swimmerbabe11
5:31p, 4/18/24
In reply to TCTTS
The other was a Vampire's Ball thing and I feel like maybe I should not have watched it on a work computer.
TCTTS
5:47p, 4/18/24
In reply to Sex Panther
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

It's like if they had a "young Gandalf and Saruman" movie where them were working as life guards one crazy summer, trying to save up to buy their first wands and getting laid as much as possible

"Two would-be wizards just trying to get their wands wet."

It's…

Saruman Summer!
Brian Earl Spilner
7:37p, 4/18/24
In reply to Apache
Apache said:

Quote:

Not to mention, "Lady Raven" is a terrible pop star name
Lady Gaga?
Pink?
Dido?

Fits right in IMO.

Lol, this. TC, why in the world would that be something that bugs you about this movie? It's pretty obviously satirizing these huge pop stars....plus, it's almost like the movie is not about her.

I'm always down for new, original movies, and especially horror/thrillers.
Brian Earl Spilner
7:47p, 4/18/24
Tangent, but another movie that satirizes these mega pop stars, and also happens to be a fantastic and original drama/thriller, Vox Lux. (And the original music in the movie is actually pretty damn good.)

Highly recommend it, hugely underrated imo. Stars Natalie Portman.
TCTTS
7:51p, 4/18/24
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
Ha, it just sounds straight up dumb to me, and I explained exactly why. Also, Shyamalan is literally using the movie to showcase his daughter's talent, and they make a point of advertising the release of her "original songs" at the end of the trailer. That doesn't sound like satirizing to me at all, and would, in fact, be even weirder if he was having his daughter playing a worse version of herself, musically.
Brian Earl Spilner
8:03p, 4/18/24
In reply to TCTTS
Which is par for the course for this generation. See: Doja Cat.
TCTTS
8:17p, 4/18/24
There's no reason this can't end up being great, and hopefully he's learned a thing or two in his five-year hiatus since The Rise of Skywalker. But man, it really does feel like everything Abrams does is some kind of nostalgic/derivative play, always tied to Amblin, Spielberg, Lucasfilm, etc...

Average Joe
8:18p, 4/18/24
Wow. This is a lot of posts discussing what is ultimately an extra.
BurnetAggie99
12:24a, 4/19/24
I keep hoping we get a Merle haggard movie. Problem is not a actor that can be Merle.
Apache
6:42a, 4/19/24

Quote:

But man, it really does feel like everything Abrams does is some kind of cheap knockoff, nostalgic/derivative play, always tied to Amblin, Spielberg, Lucasfilm, etc...
His first Star Trek was pretty good, Super 8 was OK.... everything else was just forgettable for me.

Cromagnum
1:25p, 4/19/24
In reply to Sex Panther
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

Then one of them is getting laid and finishes too soon, we can sneak in the "a wizard is never late, nor is he early" bit.
BurnetAggie99
1:26p, 4/20/24
In reply to BurnetAggie99
BurnetAggie99 said:

I keep hoping we get a Merle haggard movie. Problem is not a actor that can be Merle.

Big Merle Fan here a Merle movie would be awesome. Garrett Hedlund sings/plays guitar and he's covered Merle
TCTTS
7:51p, 4/20/24
Sapper Redux
8:03p, 4/20/24
In reply to TCTTS
Face/Off 2: Face/Lift
Average Joe
8:08p, 4/20/24
That can't be real.
TCTTS
8:16p, 4/20/24
In reply to Average Joe
DanielRPK is a legit scooper with a great track record, and the link quotes an interview with the director. The project may very well fall through, as any number of things could happen, but it's definitely a real story as of now.
Average Joe
8:19p, 4/20/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

DanielRPK is a legit scooper with a great track record, and the link quotes an interview with the director. The project may very well fall through, as any number of things could happen, but it's definitely a real story as of now.

Pardon my skepticism. It's just very much not one of those projects you would expect to happen. Like ever.
redline248
9:18p, 4/20/24
RyanReynoldsbutwhy.gif
TCTTS
5:49p, 4/22/24
The Watchers
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26736843/
June 14, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
5:50p, 4/22/24
Deadpool & Wolverine
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6263850/
July 26, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

Gigem314
12:43p, 4/23/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

I don't care how bad this movie is...I'm in.

Max Power
3:48p, 4/23/24
In reply to BurnetAggie99
BurnetAggie99 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

Big Merle Fan here a Merle movie would be awesome. Garrett Hedlund sings/plays guitar and he's covered Merle
Sturgill Simpson dabbles in acting, he's had some bit parts in Killers of the Flower Moon, The Creator, The Righteous Gemstones, and several others.
TCTTS
4:42p, 4/23/24
Atlas
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14856980/
May 24, 2024
Netflix Exclusive

TCTTS
4:43p, 4/23/24
Really solid trailer, and who knew Zoe Kravitz could direct?

Blink Twice
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14858658/
August 23, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
5:52p, 4/23/24
Average Joe
6:04p, 4/23/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

Atlas
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14856980/
May 24, 2024
Netflix Exclusive

I still say this might be good if it was just about anyone else playing lead. Not that she's a terrible actress, but I don't think she fits this film.
TCTTS
6:07p, 4/23/24
In reply to Average Joe
She definitely adds to that "generic" Netflix feel, which 90% of their movies already have. Especially their sci-fi stuff. For whatever reason, it all feels so store brand. Like something you'd find in a Wal-Mart bin.

But yeah, a different actress and a different studio, but otherwise the exact same movie, would somehow instantly make this more interesting.
TCTTS
4:12p, 4/24/24
Brian Earl Spilner
6:17p, 4/24/24
No Cillian?
TCTTS
6:24p, 4/24/24
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
It sounds like he's potentially coming back, I just don't think he's been confirmed yet. No one knows for sure, though. As of now he is, at least, officially a producer on the project.
TCTTS
4:11p, 4/25/24
The Exorcism
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11240348/
June 7, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
4:11p, 4/25/24
In reply to TCTTS
fig96
11:38a, 4/26/24
This is fantastic...