*** THE SECRET OF SKINWALKER RANCH ***
35,801 Views | 226 Replies
TCTTS
3:00p, 4/8/20
So apparently this season is only four episodes? Because every listing I can find lists only four total episodes. Hopefully that's not the case and History just hasn't released the total episode count yet...
Coppell97
6:49p, 4/8/20
In reply to TCTTS
I hope there's more than 4. Travis Taylor quote in interview before the season was that Episode 4 will blow people's minds. I guess we will see.
Ranger222
1:10p, 4/9/20
The Lost Gold second season is starting soon and will take its time slot...does seem like a short season
TCTTS
2:52p, 4/9/20
In reply to Ranger222
Yeah, you're right. Dang. Looks like the current season of The Curse of Oak Island ends on Tuesday, April 28, and then the first episode of Lost Gold airs immediately after, in place of Skinwalker Ranch.
Ranger222
2:28p, 4/10/20
Every year they find ways to stretch out Oak Island as long as they can. Last year has beginning of April. This year end of April
TCTTS
2:38p, 4/10/20
In reply to Ranger222
I love Oak Island, and have seen every single episode in real time, since the beginning, but man, these last couple of seasons have been ridiculous in terms of bloated episode counts and milking it for everything it's worth. This season started out so promising, too.
Coppell97
3:48p, 4/10/20
With only 4 episodes I guess Skinwalker Ranch can't be accused of stretching it out like Oak Island. Guess that's a positive.
angryocotillo
11:11a, 4/11/20
From y'all's commentary I am guessing this show is mostly about aliens and skinwalker just happens to be the name of the ranch? If that is not the case, I'd be pretty interested. Aliens and cryptos have all always seemed like a bunch of bull to me with the only exception being skinwalkers.

When I was young my brother told me a story about a skin walker and it really creeped me out. Fast forward 15 years and I hadn't thought of skin walkers in at least a decade. I was driving down a farm to market road at night going to see my grandparents at their ranch. The radio in my truck was out so I was just cruising and enjoying the peace and quiet when I noticed the silhouette of a coyote sitting at beginning of the drive way that leads to an old country cemetery. He was facing the road, and as I got closer the silhouette turned into a clearly identifiable coyote. I thought it was strange that he was just sitting there and expected him to dart away at any second, but as I drove past he just sat their like a statue a few feet from the road and stared acrosd the road.

When I got passed him I just thought, "hmm that was weird". Then the word "skinwalker" flashed into my brain for the first time since I was a little kid Immediately my skin was crawling with goose bumps and I felt cold and extremely anxious. Needless to say I about floored it the last couple of miles to my grandparent's.

That was the only time I've ever gotten really creeped out by something that might be considered paranormal. It's been a few years, but I still get Goosebumps whenever I tell that story.

If there is an episode about skinwalkers on this show id love to watch it.
Coppell97
10:08p, 4/14/20
Interesting episode. Only one more. Preview for episode 4 looks good. The ranch seems to attack all equipment.
Ranger222
10:18p, 4/14/20
Oak Island tonight also very good. Could be a good two hours next Tuesday
TCTTS
2:45a, 4/15/20
In reply to Coppell97
Yeah, pretty decent episode. The radiation emitting from the sky is super weird/creepy. I'm also enjoying the cast more, after three episodes. Can't believe there's only one episode left.
Coppell97
7:57a, 4/15/20
In reply to TCTTS
Yes. This thing may have run better as a 2 to 3 hour documentary than a series.
Coppell97
12:44p, 4/15/20
So, I guess Brandon was in a band back in 2010. This is hilarious. Adds to the mystique and comedy behind the characters. Seen on Reddit. There are some funny discussions over there where people recognize the unintentional comedy in the background of this show like we do here. Questioning the methods and equipment being used. These things add to the charm of the series. The show needs to be re-released with the Mystery Science Theatre guys there making commentary.

TCTTS
12:48p, 4/15/20
In reply to Coppell97
That is incredible. And so incredibly bad.
Coppell97
12:51p, 4/15/20
In reply to TCTTS
It is. Makes the show even better
TCTTS
1:07p, 4/15/20
In reply to Coppell97
That said... I can't get that song out of my head now.
Coppell97
1:15p, 4/15/20
I'm seeing an Episode 5 now titled Dangerous Curves. Looks like there will be more than 4 episodes. Looking into the IMDB user reviews, someone is saying there are 8 episodes.
TCTTS
1:26p, 4/15/20
In reply to Coppell97
Oh, nice.

That said, I wonder what time it's airing? Because Lost Gold of World War II is currently scheduled to air in its time slot on Tuesday, the 28th, just after the Oak Island season finale. Maybe they're taking a week off, and then Lost Gold will slide into Oak Island's time slot, and Skinwalker Ranch resumes with episode five the first week of May?
Coppell97
1:28p, 4/15/20
In reply to TCTTS
Maybe so. That is a good thought. I'm excited there's more episodes. More chance to see more phenomena and quack science, plus tension with Dragon . . .
Ranger222
4:21p, 4/16/20
So I watched the latest episode last night...I get that it is a 500+ acre ranch...but does it have a purpose? It doesn't seem like it is a very active operation, like hardly any cattle. I know in the previews it shows they are bringing some in next week. They have two security guards, the manager, and then these other people on the ranch that work there doing something they hadn't shown but went to their house. My question is what does the ranch really do when the cameras are off? Seems like it's just more of a toy rather than business operation yet all these people work there doing something...
Coppell97
6:05p, 4/16/20
In reply to Ranger222
They are just on Brandon's payroll. They are probably his childhood friends or something or all go to the same church.
Coppell97
10:34p, 4/21/20
Good show tonight
TCTTS
11:32p, 4/21/20
Yep. Great episode. Crazy things are actually happening, and I'm appreciating the cast more and more. We also got confirmation that they're back in two weeks with episode five. Looking forward to it.
West Point Aggie
7:03a, 4/22/20
Thanks for the rec...I won't watch "history channel" or "history channel-like" crap but mom will love it...she's into all of it!
TCTTS
1:01p, 4/22/20
In reply to West Point Aggie
CharlieBrown17
3:19p, 4/24/20
Put it together watching today when Travis mentioned the intern he works with in Huntsville.

Any of y'all watch the first show he was on, Rocket City Rednecks? It was 4 or 5 NASA (I think) engineers with advanced degrees and one of their red neck friends doing backyard experiments

CharlieBrown17
3:22p, 4/24/20
YouBet
4:41p, 4/24/20
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

Please tell me someone else watched the premiere tonight.

Because I am all in. Not so much because of the phenomenon/ranch... but because of this weirdo cast. They're so self-serious, awkward, and bizarre. Remember the bizarro episode of Seinfeld? Bizarro Jerry, George, etc? This cast is like that, except bizarro versions of normal human beings. And not at all funny. I don't know how else to explain it. That, and the rich owner of the ranch is one of the cheesiest creepers I've seen in a long time. No way that dude doesn't have some kind of secret, underground lair beneath the ranch where he jerks off to ghosts or something.

Never mind the ranch - really, the show itself is cobbled together so strangely. Everything about it feels like 15 degrees off. It's your standard History Channel series, no doubt, but seemingly made by interns with a C-team cast. It really is incredible.

Toward the end of the episode there's a bunch of bickering about digging on the property, and this sh*t head security guard guy is convinced bad things happen when they do dig, he's such an ass, and it's some of the weirdest low-key drama ever. Then there's this big secret reveal of a confidential case that's handled in the creepiest, most hilarious way possible by Mormon McCreeper, the aforementioned owner. It's just amazing and I loved every minute of it.
Like a white sheet cheap ghost or more specter like? Or, if it's invisible, what's the point?
Coppell97
10:06p, 5/5/20
Good episode. Plus some amazing drama with Dragon. Still liking the show with its charm and flaws.
TCTTS
12:16a, 5/6/20
The Travis/Dragon tension is as good as anything on TV right now. Dragon is such a turd, and there's never not a moment when Travis looks like he wants to sock him in the face. I love it. But even outside of that, I'm more in than ever. The giant, underground anomaly, the radiation, etc... it's all so intriguing. As goofy as this show is, they're actually doing a great job of making interesting, science-based finds and discoveries.
TCTTS
12:21a, 5/6/20
In reply to TCTTS
Though, a buddy brought up a great point today. For all the batteries that are constantly and mysteriously being drained, the show's camera batteries sure do seem to be working fine. Granted, they could be having issues too, and just aren't acknowledging it in-show, but you'd think they'd incorporate that element if so.
Coppell97
2:12p, 5/8/20
Next season they need to bring Rick, Marty and Gary Drayton from Oak Island to Skinwalker Ranch. Would be awesome to see them interact with the phenomena on the Ranch. And to see them interact with Travis, Dragon and Brandon. Would be amazing, like the B movie science/discovery Avengers getting together.
TCTTS
2:34p, 5/8/20
In reply to Coppell97
I would pay to watch that.
Coppell97
10:45a, 5/10/20
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

I would pay to watch that.
yes, I would too. And they need to just make the call and lock in Brandon's band's song as the theme song for the title sequence of the show.

Coppell97
10:53a, 5/10/20
Mothers Day Card

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 7
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE