Shoresy (Letterkenny Spin-off)
8,829 Views | 79 Replies
ABattJudd
1:56p, 2/25/22
Maybe I'm behind the curve, but I just learned that Shoresy is getting his own show!

Give your ***** a tug, t**f*****!

"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
Average Joe
4:14p, 2/25/22
Wonder how they're doing the voice now that the face is revealed.
powerbelly
4:29p, 2/25/22
In reply to Average Joe
Average Joe said:

He was doing the voice before. Why would anything change?
Capstone
4:53p, 2/25/22
Is Jared Kesso playing Shorsey? He was the voice of Shorsey in Letterkenny, but I think they used a body double (never saw his face).

IMDB doesn't list a cast.

The trailer appears to be him.
ABattJudd
5:09p, 2/25/22
In reply to Capstone
Capstone said:

Is Jared Kesso playing Shorsey? He was the voice of Shorsey in Letterkenny, but I think they used a body double (never saw his face).

According to Wikipedia he is.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
Average Joe
5:23p, 2/25/22
In reply to Capstone
Capstone said:

That was my confusion. Hard to tell watching the trailer on my phone and didn't see a cast listing.
hbc07
9:34p, 2/25/22
In reply to Average Joe
Average Joe said:

****, lemony snicket, what a series of unfortunate events you ****in' been through, you ugly ****.
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
AggieOO
9:43a, 2/26/22
I'm going to watch bc I love letterkenny, but this will likely be terrible.

A better spinoff would be following the McMurrays on their vacations, but not sure they could get away with anything less than NC-17, and even that probably wouldn't cover it.
OCEN99
6:27p, 4/20/22
Soon....

Max Power
6:45p, 4/20/22

OCEN99
11:39a, 5/6/22
Another teaser

maroon barchetta
12:53p, 5/6/22
Spotted this awhile back. Pretty good for this thread.
OCEN99
8:58p, 5/27/22
Season is out on Hulu today, and man, what a show!

****in' Jim for PM!
Anchorhold
8:44a, 5/28/22
Three episodes in and it is as great as I was hoping.
AggieOO
10:53a, 5/28/22
Assuming it gets better than the first episode? Felt it was "meh." But also knew that had to set things up. I still have low expectations and will watch all the episodes regardless...but good to see some positive reactions.
OCEN99
2:20p, 5/28/22
In reply to AggieOO
Yeah it definitely picks up after the first episode
Max Power
4:51p, 5/28/22
Had a rough week at work, it was exactly what I needed to watch today.
AggieOO
5:20p, 5/28/22
In reply to OCEN99
OCEN99 said:

Yeah it definitely picks up after the first episode

I watched 2 and three while the baby was napping and the wife was gone with our older daughter. Definitely picked up. Can't wait to watch the rest!
Emotional Support Cobra
1:26p, 5/31/22
It was a slow burn and hit its stride about episode 3. By end of episode 6 my heart grew 4 sizes. Not sure if non Letterkenny fans would get it.

Team Shoresy!
Rocagnante
4:37p, 5/31/22
Great show. Only 6 episodes 25ish minutes long each. Easy binge.
OCEN99
8:57p, 5/31/22
Here's a Spotify playlist someone put together with all the show's music.
rebag00
9:18a, 6/2/22
I chuckled with every "me?" and "huh" interrupting the dialogue. Minor details that make their productions funny to me. Great chirping with the high school kids. Only thing that felt out of place was the Shore House Family Reunion scene.
Max Power
4:34p, 6/3/22
In reply to rebag00
rebag00 said:

I chuckled with every "me?" and "huh" interrupting the dialogue. Minor details that make their productions funny to me. Great chirping with the high school kids. Only thing that felt out of place was the Shore House Family Reunion scene.
Same, every time, I mean they set it up from the very beginning with the 4 hockey commentators. I also enjoyed the dirtiest plays in hockey montage, starring Shoresy.

cypress-ag
12:35p, 6/22/22
Just found Shoresy after forgetting to check Hulu for awhile. Damn that was so good. You either like the humor or you don't and I love it.
MW03
11:28a, 6/28/22
Finished Shorsey. My expectations were pretty low because the LK version of Shorsey is so one-dimensional, but I'll be damned if they didn't pull this off expertly. I might entertain an argument that it's on-par with some of the very best LK has to offer.

Also, yelling "FOR WHAT" has become the bane of everyone else in my house.

The Dog Lord
12:05p, 6/28/22
In reply to Emotional Support Cobra
Emotional Support Cobra said:

It was a slow burn and hit its stride about episode 3. By end of episode 6 my heart grew 4 sizes. Not sure if non Letterkenny fans would get it.

Team Shoresy!
I was surprised how emotional they made the finale feel even though it was still just hockey-focused.
Emotional Support Cobra
7:25p, 6/29/22
I have already rewatched Shoresy. It was even better the second time. Settle down!
swimmerbabe11
7:44p, 6/29/22
big bag of meh for me

I love letterkenny.

shoresy probably my least favorite bit
MW03
11:57a, 6/30/22
In reply to OCEN99
OCEN99 said:

Here's a Spotify playlist someone put together with all the show's music.

The music supervisor for Shorsey/LetterKenny is the best in the business. If it's Keeso, I'm prepared to declare him a proper 5-tool athlete in the entertainment world. Dude writes, directs, and acts the hell out of these shows, is funny as ****, and if he's picking the music, it's over. I've been blasting this one every day since the series, and I don't even really like trap music all that much. This song is such an a absolute banger though.

Edit:

Apparently, the music supervisor is a dude named Cody Partridge. In addition to LK and Shorsey, he's done music for *****t's Creek and Orphan Black. Phenomenal talent.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4581520/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr36
MW03
12:01p, 6/30/22
http://goseetalk.com/interviewmusic-supervisor-cody-partridge-on-tv-film-and-letterkenny/
W.C. Griffin '09
6:34a, 7/2/22
In reply to MW03
MW03 said:

Finished Shorsey. My expectations were pretty low because the LK version of Shorsey is so one-dimensional, but I'll be damned if they didn't pull this off expertly. I might entertain an argument that it's on-par with some of the very best LK has to offer.

Also, yelling "FOR WHAT" has become the bane of everyone else in my house.

HUH?
-Me constantly
Emotional Support Cobra
7:10a, 7/2/22
Me at work: "So dumb!"
OCEN99
11:19a, 1/17/23

Season 2 is confirmed!
Rocagnante
4:27p, 1/17/23
**** you Shoresy!
Emotional Support Cobra
4:31p, 10/16/23
Season 2 is on Hulu October 27! Give your balls a tug!

Note: I have not read any spoilers from Canadians!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings