Baby Reindeer - NFLX
7,407 Views | 73 Replies
AJ02
12:53p, 5/6/24
There is an episode (can't remember which), where it looks like he goes to Martha's apartment and sleeps with her. But then it flashes to him banging the trans guy/girl. Did he actually sleep with Martha, or is he just picturing Martha while he's banging the ****** since he was having trouble "getting it up"?
Sea Speed
12:55p, 5/6/24
In reply to AJ02
He did not hit that.
Mikeyshooter
12:56p, 5/6/24
Yes, that was my understanding. He was thinking about Martha.

AJ02
12:57p, 5/6/24
Not sure whether that makes me feel better or worse about him.
El Gallo Blanco
12:57p, 5/6/24
In reply to annie88
annie88 said:

I just started watching this yesterday.

Holy moly.

Goes from weird dark to even more weird and dark.

She is frightening in this role, fantastic, but frightening. And he's a bit weird too.

Can't wait to watch the rest although part of me is like this is too weird.
If he ever hanged her curtains and they had a child, it would either be a sociopathic politician or fortune 500 CEO...or a serial killer/mass shooter...no in between.
bonfarr
1:21p, 5/6/24
Wait so the girlfriend was trans? I must have missed that part.
Stat Monitor Repairman
1:27p, 5/6/24
In reply to Mikeyshooter
Mikeyshooter said:

Yes, that was my understanding. He was thinking about Martha.
Concluded it was a dream sequence or it would've looked like him runnin a weed-eater with no string.
Sea Speed
1:34p, 5/6/24
In reply to bonfarr
bonfarr said:

Seriously? How?
Southlake
1:52p, 5/6/24
Thanks for the synopsis. Sounds deep dark and intriguing. Probably very well put together.

But, I have no reason to watch this.
Mikeyshooter
2:27p, 5/6/24
In reply to bonfarr
bonfarr said:

Haha. I missed that part at first too. Realized it later and had my own WTF moment.

bonfarr
3:21p, 5/6/24
In reply to Mikeyshooter
Mikeyshooter said:

bonfarr said:

Haha. I missed that part at first too. Realized it later and had my own WTF moment.

I was distracted a bit during the middle episodes so it must have been revealed then and later episodes I didn't see anything referencing that. In fact the sex scene confuses me now, if the girlfriend was trans how did that work. So confused.
Texmid
3:37p, 5/6/24
In reply to bonfarr
bonfarr said:

Mikeyshooter said:

bonfarr said:

I was distracted a bit during the middle episodes so it must have been revealed then and later episodes I didn't see anything referencing that. In fact the sex scene confuses me now, if the girlfriend was trans how did that work. So confused.
Sometimes it is best not to know.
Sea Speed
3:52p, 5/6/24
He found her on a trans dating site and it was shown on screen but I find it pretty crazy that yall didn't clock the gf as a dude, or at least maybe a dude, right out of the gate.
bonfarr
5:01p, 5/6/24
In reply to Sea Speed
Sea Speed said:

He found her on a trans dating site and it was shown on screen but I find it pretty crazy that yall didn't clock the gf as a dude, or at least maybe a dude, right out of the gate.

Thought she was just unsightly but now seeing she was trans I can believe it.
Unemployed
5:06p, 5/6/24
In reply to bonfarr
bonfarr said:

LOL...did you jerk off to her nude scene?
bonfarr
5:07p, 5/6/24
In reply to Unemployed
Unemployed said:

bonfarr said:

LOL...did you jerk off to her nude scene?

WTF? I didn't see a nude scene so that must have been when my BIL was over distracting me
AJ02
8:22p, 5/6/24
As soon as I saw "her", I told my husband "that looks like a dude."

And then sure enough...next episode he talked about how he found her on a trans dating site.
Mikeyshooter
10:00p, 5/6/24
I mean, she did have a decent rack if we're being honest.

Unemployed
10:20p, 5/6/24
In reply to Mikeyshooter
Mikeyshooter said:

I mean, she did have a decent rack if we're being honest.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
Stat Monitor Repairman
7:44p, 5/8/24

Stat Monitor Repairman
11:11p, 5/9/24

THE REAL MARTHA COMES OUT THE WOODWORK!

LORD HAVE MERCY!
annie88
1:09p, 5/13/24
In reply to bonfarr
bonfarr said:

He basically mentions it from the beginning and didn't you get what the father said when he left Scotland on the train?
StinkyPinky
3:38p, 5/13/24
Finally got around to watching this. I've never felt so uncomfortable watching a show like I was with this one. And I thought it was good, acting was amazing. But found it disturbing and not sure how I feel suggesting it to others. I'd feel judged? I'll say it again though, can't say enough about the acting. Fantastic. And if what the real life Martha said is true in the above video, then the real life drama just got interesting. Curious to see how it all plays out.
Mikeyshooter
3:02p, 5/14/24
In reply to annie88
annie88 said:

bonfarr said:

He basically mentions it from the beginning and didn't you get what the father said when he left Scotland on the train?
Yeah and that was after they had some intimate moments. I missed it early but not sure how you could miss it by Episode 3 or 4.

cr0wbar
3:07p, 5/14/24
Great acting & writing. One of those shows you never had the interest in watching over again. Richard Gadd was fantastic and made me hate Donny with a passion lol
AlaskanAg99
3:19p, 5/14/24
Made it 1.5 episodes, looked at my wife and said this is too British, boring and slow. Like watching the paint dry on channel 1 of BBC.

Now I'm happy we didn't go longer. When I saw her apartment I figured out there were deep mental problems along with the compulsive lying. And couldn't give a rats ass about the dude.

Wife may finish it but now I can give her a heads up.
bonfarr
3:48p, 5/14/24
In reply to Mikeyshooter
Mikeyshooter said:

annie88 said:

bonfarr said:

Yeah and that was after they had some intimate moments. I missed it early but not sure how you could miss it by Episode 3 or 4.

I was passively watching through the middle episodes so missed a lot evidently but like I said previously I saw the sex scene and the way that went down would not have signaled to me one of them was trans. I also don't recall any nude scene from the girlfriend that someone else mentioned.

My BIL was over to the house getting drunk on our wine *****ing about Israel so I was pretty distracted for a while.
gif
10:07p, 5/14/24
In reply to Sea Speed
Sea Speed said:

Brian Earl Spilner
10:28p, 5/14/24
In reply to gif
Perfect.
Texmid
8:57a, 5/15/24
In reply to gif
gif said:

Sea Speed said:

Except, he ain't a girl.
AJ02
10:15a, 5/15/24

The Milkman
10:21a, 5/15/24
In reply to bonfarr
bonfarr said:

Mikeyshooter said:

annie88 said:

bonfarr said:

I was passively watching through the middle episodes so missed a lot evidently but like I said previously I saw the sex scene and the way that went down would not have signaled to me one of them was trans. I also don't recall any nude scene from the girlfriend that someone else mentioned.

My BIL was over to the house getting drunk on our wine *****ing about Israel so I was pretty distracted for a while.
As awful as your evening with your BIL sounds... It was like an ongoing storyline across nearly every episode he/she was in. They went to a gay bar. Lots of references of "it was hard for me to get the courage to leave the house" "good luck dating the trans woman!" type things.
Sea Speed
10:25a, 5/15/24
No wonder so many dudes are convinced they pass as women. Im seriously blown away how anyone could have thought that was a woman. Yall are terrible at clocking. I didn't think people like yall existed.
gif
11:31a, 5/15/24
In reply to Texmid
Texmid said:

gif said:

Sea Speed said:

Except, he ain't a girl.

LMCane
12:22p, 5/15/24
In reply to AgTrip
AgTrip said:

Watched this show after seeing it on here. Got hooked in the beginning as it was interesting to see where this was all heading. I agree the flashback episode was terrible and we wanted to stop right there after watching it. We kept on going but were no longer into it and just wanted it to be over. I agree the actress who played Martha was amazing.

I wouldn't recommend this to any of my friends. The show is dark and messed up and to me, that's not entertainment. I don't like watching people suffer and struggle with mental issues. I sympathize with the characters and felt awful for them but I don't want to watch that as an escape from the problems in the world. My wife commented many times, I feel sick watching this. There are deep issues addressed in this series. Makes you want to take a hot shower after you watch it that's for sure!
good review thanks- I am hard passing this as I have heard about the 'serious issues" being shown.

no thanks- reality and the news is horrible enough!

watching Rick Glassman podcasts instead.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings