The Bible Recap with Tara-Leigh Cobble
1,001 Views | 3 Replies
TheCurl84
8:35a, 3/2/24
Who in here is doing this reading and recap plan, or has done it? I'm on year #4 and like it a lot.

What do you think of it?
Kaa98
8:39a, 3/3/24
Right there with you. I'm on year 2 and really enjoy it.
BluHorseShu
1:19p, 3/4/24
In reply to TheCurl84
TheCurl84 said:

Who in here is doing this reading and recap plan, or has done it? I'm on year #4 and like it a lot.

What do you think of it?
I was going to try but heard its more of her interpretation of what it means based on her experience and the language is a bit informal. I think people listening to it definitely need to remember its not a substitute for reading the bible as it was written, its more of an overview from one persons reading.

I did think one of the quote from the book was interesting in how it was phrased:

page 610, Day 296 it says that when the authorities asked Jesus about what to do with the woman caught in adultery, he responded: "Sure. Let's stone her. The person who should lead the way is whoever is sinless."

I just feel weird trying to paraphrase scripture with colloquialisms.
loveaTm
8:07p, 3/8/24
In reply to BluHorseShu
I am doing it for the first time this year. You read the passage for yourself in your preferred translation and then she just gives a small spiel. I don't think it's quite as slovenly a style as that one quote would indicate. She has a high view of God, even if she speaks more casually than is typical for some traditions.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings