Biden declares Easter "Transgender Day of Visibility"
27,029 Views | 826 Replies
schmendeler
9:33a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
TxAgPreacher said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

A tenet of Christianity is that we ought to hold each other accountable, and correct and admonish.
Feel free to do that with each other, within your congregation. Telling non-Christians what they can and can't do because of your religious teachings would be like any of us admonishing a Tech grad for not singing the War Hymn.

Why come to the religion board and be surprised about a discussion on what you should and shouldn't do?

This would be a good point if your wishes to control other people were merely confined to discussions here.
kurt vonnegut
9:33a, 4/2/24
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

And I have never heard of a support adultery day. Or support drunkenness, greed, etc.

Or an Adultery Pride month.

Christians in this country do not oppress adulterers or drunks or greedy people. You know, cuz you care far less about those sins then the 'icky' ones. If you did, you probably would have an adultery pride month.

You still don't see the reactionary relationship here - we don't have Brunette Hair Awareness Month either. Or Green Eye Celebration Day. Because no one really gives a **** what your hair color is or your eye color is. We don't treat people differently for their eye or hair color (generally). These Days and Months and Celebrations exist because they represent people that have been treated differently. The more and more Christians rail and hate the LGBTQ community, the bigger this thing gets.
Beer Baron
9:35a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher

Quote:

Why come to the religion board and be surprised about a discussion on what you should and shouldn't do?

I'm not surprised by it at all. I'm telling you it makes no sense, but please do keep yelling at Red Raiders about how bad they are at being Aggies.
TxAgPreacher
9:37a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
Yes I'm the boogeyman.

Actually I just want to nudge people in the right direction. Show them a better way. Keep them from destroying themselves with sin. Save their soul.

You seem awfully judgmental, and uncharitable with your aspersions for someone who calls everyone else hateful.
schmendeler
9:41a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
TxAgPreacher said:

Yes I'm the boogeyman.

Actually I just want to nudge people in the right direction. Show them a better way. Keep them from destroying themselves with sin. Save their soul.

You seem awfully judgmental, and uncharitable with your aspersions for someone who calls everyone else hateful.

That's a lot of attributes to pin on me for pointing out that your aims aren't constrained to this religion (and philosophy) message board when you tried to say that they were.

I don't think I've called anyone hateful.
AGC
9:42a, 4/2/24
In reply to kurt vonnegut
kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

And I have never heard of a support adultery day. Or support drunkenness, greed, etc.

Christians in this country do not oppress adulterers or drunks or greedy people. You know, cuz you care far less about those sins than the 'icky' ones. If you did, you probably would have an adultery pride month.

You still don't see the reactionary relationship here - we don't have Brunette Hair Awareness Month either. Or Green Eye Celebration Day. Because no one really gives a **** what your hair color is or your eye color is. We don't treat people differently for their eye or hair color (generally). These Days and Months and Celebrations exist because they represent people that have been treated differently. The more and more Christians rail and hate the LGBTQ community, the bigger this thing gets.

This is the tell for how little time you've spent in our congregations (mine specifically but I imagine others too).
schmendeler
9:46a, 4/2/24
In reply to AGC
AGC said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

Christians in this country do not oppress adulterers or drunks or greedy people. You know, cuz you care far less about those sins than the 'icky' ones. If you did, you probably would have an adultery pride month.

This is the tell for how little time you've spent in our congregations (mine specifically but I imagine others too).

We wouldn't know, because it's kept in your congregation. See how that works?
TxAgPreacher
9:50a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Yes I'm the boogeyman.

That's a lot of attributes to pin on me for pointing out that your aims aren't constrained to this religion (and philosophy) message board when you tried to say that they were.

I don't think I've called anyone hateful.

Sorry just delusionional circle jerkers who are crazy, and pawns... did I leave anything out?
schmendeler
9:51a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
I think you got it
TxAgPreacher
9:52a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
Oh and you said yes to this:
Quote:

We can't win with you guys, we call for an end to no fault divorce and criminalization of adultery and we're "christofascists". We attack the LGBT agenda and we're "homophobes whitewashing other sexual sins"

So you did call us all that.
dermdoc
9:58a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
schmendeler said:

AGC said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

And the drunks, adulterers, and greedy people are not having parades or claiming months to recognize them. They do not proclaim their sins in the public square.

See how that works?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
schmendeler
10:02a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

We can't win with you guys, we call for an end to no fault divorce and criminalization of adultery and we're "christofascists". We attack the LGBT agenda and we're "homophobes whitewashing other sexual sins"

If you call for those things, then you are indeed those things.
schmendeler
10:03a, 4/2/24
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

AGC said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

And the drunks, adulterers, and greedy people are not having parades or claiming months to recognize them. They do not proclaim their sins in the public square.

See how that works?

They just run for president and are called god's chosen.
TxAgPreacher
10:05a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

That's fine, just don't pretend you didn't call anyone hateful.
schmendeler
10:07a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
TxAgPreacher said:

schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

Do you object to being called a Christo-fascist for advocating an end to no-fault divorce and criminalization of adultery? Pretty sure the guy i responded to openly embraces that label. Do you think it's an incorrect one?
TxAgPreacher
10:10a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
Only if you don't mind me calling you a Christophobe.

You have a bigotry against Christians!
Beer Baron
10:11a, 4/2/24
In reply to dermdoc

Quote:

You're reversing the cause/effect here. One thing is handled in-house, within your congregations. The other spills out into how people are treated by society at large and by the government. If LGBT "sin" was treated in-house like adultery, there wouldn't be a need for any kind of movement to generate better treatment in the broader public sphere.

Like someone said earlier, you don't see Green Eye Pride parades either, but you want to know how to start making them a thing? You start publicly vilifying green eyed people, pass laws targeting green eyed people, and treat green eyed people differently in social interactions than you do people with other colored eyes. If you just shun them in your congregation, most people will just say "that's weird," and go about their business because what you do within your church has no effect on me, whether you're preaching the evils of green eyes, talking in tongues, baptizing babies, or whatever. Have at it.
Bob Lee
10:12a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

Do you object to being called a Christo-fascist for advocating an end to no-fault divorce and criminalization of adultery? Pretty sure the guy i responded to openly embraces that label. Do you think it's an incorrect one?

Were the founders and everyone in our country before about 1970 Christo-fascists?
schmendeler
10:13a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
TxAgPreacher said:

I only hate the sin of Christo-fascism, Not the sinner
TxAgPreacher
10:14a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Haha, that's a good one!
schmendeler
10:14a, 4/2/24
In reply to Bob Lee
Bob Lee said:

schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

Were the founders and everyone in our country before about 1970 Christo-fascists?

In effect yes
TxAgPreacher
10:15a, 4/2/24
In reply to schmendeler
schmendeler said:

TxAgPreacher said:

The difference is the teachings of Christ are good, and wholesome, and righteous altogether. Sweeter than honey. More precious that gold!

Transexual ideology is harmful.
CrackerJackAg
10:25a, 4/2/24
In reply to barbacoa taco
barbacoa taco said:

CrackerJackAg said:

Rocag said:

In American Christianity, persecution is when other people don't inconvenience themselves to make accommodations for you.

This day is every March 31st. Get over yourselves.

As a Christian Easter Sunday is sacred and only to be celebrated as such. I understand this is a secular country and respect that.

Therefore:

As an American and a human I find transgender recognition day disgusting. I think it's icky and gross and I don't want to recognize or know them. They do not deserve violence or attacks of any kind. They should be able to live their lives peacefully as they choose. Everyone else should be able to live theirs without having to "recognize" them or celebrate them or even acknowledge them.

It's sick.
then don't recognize the day. no one cares.

I'm so damn tired of all this fake outrage. All the outrage over trans visibility day was pure manufactured outrage. I'm so over it. It's on March 31 every year, and happened to coincide with Easter this year and won't again until 2086. so what. Christians don't own that day. It didn't take away anyone's right to celebrate Easter and go to church. it only affected people who wanted to be affected by it.

in a normal world we'd all just see it and say "oh. ok." then go about our Easter. but we don't live in a normal world. we live in a world where everything is terrible and outrageous and we have to throw a hissy fit over everything that hurts our fee fees.

and Trump, a guy who has never touched a Bible in his life (other than the ones he tried to scam people with last week of course), threw a fit on social media over this just to rile up conservatives and get them all angry and pissed off and hating everyone who isn't in their tribe. Keep in mind, he has ZERO good intentions here. He does not give a flying molecular **** about Easter. He's just pandering to evangelicals to say "omg Biden bad. transgender bad. transgender want to take away Jesus."

i'm so over this ***** everyone who's still mad about this and let it ruin their Easter is a miserable person anyway.

I think I made it clear that I understand as a secular country that Easter has nothing to do with it.

I would just like to double down on the fact that I think it's gross, and I do not believe it to be worthy of any recognition, as if it was an accomplishment to have gender dysmorphia.

There is no fake outrage. I think it's wrong that our government is pushing these type of ideologies and trying to make them a normal and respectable behavior.

It's a mental illness and a vile disgusting one at that.

Sapper Redux
10:32a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
TxAgPreacher said:

Yes I'm the boogeyman.

"Nudge them." The "nudges" have resulted in tremendous violence and harm towards people who cannot help who and what they are. The uncharitable judgement is from you and yours.
TxAgPreacher
10:36a, 4/2/24
Alright, I'm out brothers! Christ is King! He is risen. Biden can't change that.

Being Christian is such a blessing! Repent, and walk with God. Reject the lust of the flesh, and the ideology of the wicked. Heed not the empty philosophies of men, or doctrines of demons. Be not carried away with every wind of doctrine. God bless you, go with God!
AGC
10:41a, 4/2/24
In reply to Sapper Redux
Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Yes I'm the boogeyman.

"Nudge them." The "nudges" have resulted in tremendous violence and harm towards people who cannot help who and what they are. The uncharitable judgement is from you and yours.

So here's where we see you're just trolling. You complain about comparisons to pedophiles and rapists but the logic you use is the same: they can't help who and what they are, can they? They suffer harm and violence because of it. So why marginalize it?

But consent and harm right? There are people on the left who have (and are) arguing those are social constructs. Remember the philosophers quoted earlier in the thread? When you've succumbed to critical and queer theories you've disarmed yourself. Be glad you still have Christian social mores left from the past to help you find a line.
TxAgPreacher
10:43a, 4/2/24
In reply to AGC
AGC said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Yes I'm the boogeyman.

So here's where we see you're just trolling. You complain about comparisons to pedophiles and rapists but the logic you use is the same: they can't help who and what they are, can they? They suffer harm and violence because of it. So why marginalize it?

But consent and harm right? There are people on the left who have (and are) arguing those are social constructs. Remember the philosophers quoted earlier in the thread? When you've succumbed to critical and queer theories you've disarmed yourself. Be glad you still have Christian social mores left from the past to help you find a line.
Everything I disagree with is trolling! .... OOOOOOOOOR I have a worldview!

Ok I'm out for real!
barbacoa taco
10:44a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
TxAgPreacher said:

Alright, I'm out brothers! Christ is King! He is risen. Biden can't change that.
Well, lucky for us, Biden isn't trying to change that, no matter what the official narrative about him is.
dermdoc
10:45a, 4/2/24
In reply to TxAgPreacher
Why leave? I love your posts. The truth is honey to the ears.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
barbacoa taco
10:50a, 4/2/24
In reply to CrackerJackAg
CrackerJackAg said:

barbacoa taco said:

CrackerJackAg said:

Rocag said:

In American Christianity, persecution is when other people don't inconvenience themselves to make accommodations for you.

This day is every March 31st. Get over yourselves.

As a Christian Easter Sunday is sacred and only to be celebrated as such. I understand this is a secular country and respect that.

Therefore:

As an American and a human I find transgender recognition day disgusting. I think it's icky and gross and I don't want to recognize or know them. They do not deserve violence or attacks of any kind. They should be able to live their lives peacefully as they choose. Everyone else should be able to live theirs without having to "recognize" them or celebrate them or even acknowledge them.

It's sick.
then don't recognize the day. no one cares.

I'm so damn tired of all this fake outrage. All the outrage over trans visibility day was pure manufactured outrage. I'm so over it. It's on March 31 every year, and happened to coincide with Easter this year and won't again until 2086. so what. Christians don't own that day. It didn't take away anyone's right to celebrate Easter and go to church. it only affected people who wanted to be affected by it.

in a normal world we'd all just see it and say "oh. ok." then go about our Easter. but we don't live in a normal world. we live in a world where everything is terrible and outrageous and we have to throw a hissy fit over everything that hurts our fee fees.

and Trump, a guy who has never touched a Bible in his life (other than the ones he tried to scam people with last week of course), threw a fit on social media over this just to rile up conservatives and get them all angry and pissed off and hating everyone who isn't in their tribe. Keep in mind, he has ZERO good intentions here. He does not give a flying molecular **** about Easter. He's just pandering to evangelicals to say "omg Biden bad. transgender bad. transgender want to take away Jesus."

i'm so over this ***** everyone who's still mad about this and let it ruin their Easter is a miserable person anyway.

I think I made it clear that I understand as a secular country that Easter has nothing to do with it.

I would just like to double down on the fact that I think it's gross, and I do not believe it to be worthy of any recognition, as if it was an accomplishment to have gender dysmorphia.

There is no fake outrage. I think it's wrong that our government is pushing these type of ideologies and trying to make them a normal and respectable behavior.

It's a mental illness and a vile disgusting one at that.
There is definitely fake outrage. Fox News was reporting on this so much they may as well have said "hello viewers, please be outraged at this thing." Then all the crying from conservatives on twitter about how Biden and the Democrats are "out to get" Christians and eradicate Christianity. It's such annoying hyperbole and hyperventilating, and it's insulting to everyone's intelligence.

I really do not care how you feel about trans day of visibility. There are stupid holidays or days of recognition for everything. Today is Autism Awareness Day. did you know that? I didn't until I googled it. April 5 is International Day of Conscience (whatever that means). point being there's a silly thing to recognize every day of the year, why would trans day be different? Oh, because it's a touchy issue that riles people up. That's the only reason.

And no, it's not because it happened to fall on Easter. Easter can be any day from like March 23 to April 25. So any made up day that falls within that period will fall on Easter at some point. Big frickin' deal.
Macarthur
10:56a, 4/2/24
Not only that, but there is a heavy narrative (even on FoxNews) that Biden did this ON PURPOSE, which makes it even more insane, IMO
Beer Baron
10:58a, 4/2/24
In reply to Macarthur
I mean, it worked. You've seen so many people here dutifully parroting that out, just as they were told to do. They'll keep doing it until they get their next assignment and then completely leave this one in the dust.
barbacoa taco
10:59a, 4/2/24
In reply to Macarthur
it's all completely dishonest framing to campaign for Trump.

"Biden hates Easter and Christians. Trump is a devout Christian man who loves Easter. Vote for Trump."

Truly appealing to the lowest common denominator
dermdoc
10:59a, 4/2/24
In reply to Macarthur
Macarthur said:

Not only that, but there is a heavy narrative (even on FoxNews) that Biden did this ON PURPOSE, which makes it even more insane, IMO
Umm, Biden did make a proclamation about it. So he did highlight it on purpose. He obviously did not place it on Easter purposely.

He did not make a proclamation about Autism awareness day. There is a reason behind every politician's action.
dermdoc
11:01a, 4/2/24
barbacoa taco said:

it's all completely dishonest framing to campaign for Trump.

"Biden hates Easter and Christians. Trump is a devout Christian man who loves Easter. Vote for Trump."

Truly appealing to the lowest common denominator
Fair enough.

But Biden did the same thing by making a proclamation about it. Which seems a pretty obvious way to energize his base. And from reading this thread, it seems to have worked.

Unfortunately both sides do it.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 8 of 24
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings