UCLA Launches Investigation of Med School But Issues Warning
2,607 Views | 19 Replies
captkirk
12:30p, 4/27/24
Liberals can't stand it when their programs are exposed to public scrutiny. DEI in medicine sounds like a bad idea to most
Quote:

The University of California, Los Angeles medical school is launching a probe of its controversial "health equity" classand warning whistleblowers they could be punished if any more information leaks about it.

The dean of the medical school, Steven Dubinett, announced Friday that his office had formed a task force to review all first-year courses, including "Structural Racism and Health Equity," after the Washington Free Beacon published materials from the mandatory class. But the school isn't happy about having its hand forced.

In an email to students and faculty, Dubinett implied that the leaks were an "attempt to intimidate" the medical school and hinted that future leakers could face disciplineespecially if they record lectures.

"Recording class sessions is not permitted without express consent from the instructor and class participants," Dubinett wrote. That warning appears to be a reference to an earlier incident in which a guest lecturer, Lisa Gray Garcia, led the required course in chants of "Free, Free Palestine" as well as a prayer to "Mamma Earth," part of which was caught on tape and thrust the course into the national spotlight.

https://hotair.com/headlines/2024/04/27/ucla-launches-investigation-of-med-school-but-throws-a-warning-out-to-whistleblowers-n3787327

AgBQ-00
12:34p, 4/27/24
Whistleblowers don't have legal protection? Seems like a blatant abuse by the UC system
Highway6
12:37p, 4/27/24
In 10 years we will all be better off going to a veterinarian for medical care
captkirk
12:45p, 4/27/24
In reply to Highway6
Highway6 said:

Horse De-wormer!!!!!!
Logos Stick
12:50p, 4/27/24
In reply to Highway6
Highway6 said:

Logos Stick
12:54p, 4/27/24
Are there any medical schools left in the nation run by competent medical profs that don't hate white people? That are rigorous and accept/pass based on merit and not skin color?

There is an huge opportunity here for conservatives.
Gunny456
1:02p, 4/27/24
In reply to Highway6
My vet can diagnose our horses, dogs, cats that can not speak to him of what hurts and how they feel. I can tell my doctor lots of info and he still can't get it right sometimes.
techno-ag
2:33p, 4/27/24
In reply to Logos Stick
Logos Stick said:

Are there any medical schools left in the nation run by competent medical profs that don't hate white people? That are rigorous and accept/pass based on merit and not skin color?

"I hope you're all Republicans."

- Reagan to his surgeons, on the way to the OR after being shot.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
KidDoc
2:46p, 4/27/24
In reply to Logos Stick
Logos Stick said:

A&M had a bunch of DEI stuff during our conferences in 2020 and since then it has dropped dramatically. I'm not on the admissions committee just a clinical director but I don't see any significant DEI at this time at the A&M medical school just merit/performance based grading.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EX TEXASEX
3:58p, 4/27/24
In reply to Highway6
Highway6 said:

A lot of us should be seeing a DVM at a large animal practice, right now!!
#FJB
Waffledynamics
4:01p, 4/27/24
Imagine cracking down on legitimate whistleblowers and still thinking you're the good guys.
Owlagdad
4:16p, 4/27/24
My Uncle was Ag teacher… most folks came to him instead of long drive into town for expensive vet.
techno-ag
4:32p, 4/27/24
In reply to Owlagdad
Owlagdad said:

My Uncle was Ag teacher… most folks came to him instead of long drive into town for expensive vet.
Helped an ag prof neuter his new batch of kittens one time. He complained the whole time how much he could be making while doing this as a vet.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
richardag
5:11p, 4/27/24
There is absolutely nothing that shouldn't be made public that is being taught any any school(kindergarten through Grad school)
This is totally an abuse of the system and those professors/administrators advocating for suppression should be fired immediately.

In this case the adage Democracy dies in darkness is true.
91AggieLawyer
9:50p, 4/27/24
Quote:

warning whistleblowers

The whole idea behind a whistleblower is to seek protection. A warning would PROVE they need it.
APHIS AG
10:00p, 4/27/24
This "investigation" has nothing to do with course content and everything to do with whistleblowers.
policywonk98
10:22p, 4/27/24
In reply to richardag
richardag said:

There is absolutely nothing that shouldn't be made public that is being taught any any school(kindergarten through Grad school)
This is totally an abuse of the system and those professors/administrators advocating for suppression should be fired immediately.

In this case the adage Democracy dies in darkness is true.

Agreed. The fact that any school would feel comfortable intimidating its faculty and students in not being open about what is getting taught is pretty scary.

If any school takes taxpayer funding in any way shape or form, they should have zero rights to privacy of anything being taught or required of the faculty or students of that school.

Also, conservative doctors need to get serious about going to war against progressives ruining their profession. Ignoring the complete take over of their profession by insane activists is not turning out that well.
Fightin_Aggie
12:21a, 4/28/24
In reply to Highway6
Highway6 said:

You won't be able to afford that either.

Private equity is buying all the local vets and raising the prices 200-300% or more

10 years ago I could get a heart worm text for 10-15 bucks

Last time I went vet wanted me to pay 75 or they wouldn't prescribe the heart worm medicine
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
jrdaustin
8:38a, 4/28/24
In reply to Waffledynamics
Waffledynamics said:

Imagine cracking down on legitimate whistleblowers and still thinking you're the good guys.
Wait. So invading a campus, occupying and vandalizing buildings, and disruption of the ability to hold class are all protected speech in the opinion of these folks; BUT, disclosing what is actually taught by these same individuals IN the classroom is worthy of investigation and severe discipline?

Let's watch as our university faculty's worldview collapses in on itself.
khkman22
2:15p, 4/28/24
In reply to Gunny456

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE