7 LOEs shot in active shootout in Charlotte....
6,530 Views | 54 Replies
Raiderjay
3:51p, 4/29/24
Still active....suspect barricaded...reporting 3 fatalities...

Spotted Ag
3:53p, 4/29/24
Based on the audience at the scene I'm guessing this story goes away quietly and quickly.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Maroon Dawn
3:55p, 4/29/24
Narrative Non-Compliant Event in progress. Warming up Memory Hole and Nothing To See Here protocol
Raiderjay
3:56p, 4/29/24
I am sure they will post some 7th grade innocent pic of the suspect.....
Slicer97
3:57p, 4/29/24
In reply to Spotted Ag
I'll hazard a guess at either gang related or domestic dispute gone wrong.
aggiehawg
3:57p, 4/29/24

US Marshals? Prayers for all affected.
Al Bula
4:01p, 4/29/24
MSM when they find out more:

damiond
4:03p, 4/29/24
Sources tell Channel 9 a deputy U.S. Marshal was killed Monday in what police are calling an "active" situation in east Charlotte.

"Numerous" law enforcement officers were shot, police said. A source told Channel 9 at least three officers and one suspect were hurt.

4:47 p.m.

CMPD said its SWAT Team is still working to clear the home. They cautioned neighbors to expect police in the area.
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/cmpd-investigation-underway-east-charlotte/6PTLZP4FLFE4DA5ALFT65QDTA4/
Raiderjay
5:13p, 4/29/24
Fox News reporting 3 officers killed, 5 injured....Hope that is not correct...
aggiehawg
5:34p, 4/29/24
In reply to Raiderjay
Raiderjay said:

Fox News reporting 3 officers killed, 5 injured....Hope that is not correct...
I'm sorry but that sounds more like an ambush operation as the person(s) inside were ready for them?
PA24
5:36p, 4/29/24
Dallas all over again
DrEvazanPhD
5:41p, 4/29/24
Look at all those future college valedictorians. Doing nuffin
Raiderjay
9:43p, 4/29/24
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
itsyourboypookie
9:46p, 4/29/24
Killing 4 swat officers is hard. Wonder what weapon was unused or if the guy was ex military. This doesn't seem like a spray and pray type of shooter
W
10:55p, 4/29/24
obviously something went terribly wrong
samurai_science
10:58p, 4/29/24
In reply to itsyourboypookie
itsyourboypookie said:

Killing 4 swat officers is hard. Wonder what weapon was unused or if the guy was ex military. This doesn't seem like a spray and pray type of shooter
Walls dont stop bullets
El Gallo Blanco
11:04p, 4/29/24
Horrible. Heard elsewhere it was multiple shooters. We'll see.
mjschiller
11:25p, 4/29/24
Was the gangster black?
whatthehey78
11:42p, 4/29/24
"Serving a warrant"...I would think suspect name(s) and offense would be easily obtainable via LOE??????
TAMUallen
11:44p, 4/29/24
I don't understand why you wouldn't have some surveillance and apprehend outside of the home
El Gallo Blanco
11:58p, 4/29/24
In reply to TAMUallen
TAMUallen said:

I don't understand why you wouldn't have some surveillance and apprehend outside of the home

My thoughts as well. But at the same time, how many served warrants go sideways like this? One in how many thousand? This is an extreme case, but seems very rare statistically.
TAMUallen
12:02a, 4/30/24
In reply to El Gallo Blanco
El Gallo Blanco said:

TAMUallen said:

My thoughts as well. But at the same time, how many served warrants go sideways like this? One in how many thousand? This is an extreme case, but seems very rare statistically.

I suppose so but I'm sure there's lots that you don't hear about as well. Seems so much easier, safe and cost effective to simply wait till they're out of a defensible position.
whatthehey78
12:20a, 4/30/24
In reply to TAMUallen
TAMUallen said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

TAMUallen said:

I suppose so but I'm sure there's lots that you don't hear about as well. Seems so much easier, safe and cost effective to simply wait till they're out of a defensible position.
I've always thought the same thing about "Koresh" (SP) and Waco catastrophe.
TAMUallen
12:24a, 4/30/24
In reply to whatthehey78
whatthehey78 said:

TAMUallen said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

TAMUallen said:

I've always thought the same thing about "Koresh" (SP) and Waco catastrophe.

Not to derail but I don't think they ever really wanted to take Koresh. On the same note, a lot of these raids seem to be the same. There's no worrying about killing the person/people with a warrant. Pretty sick but I understand their perspective as well.
one safe place
1:01a, 4/30/24
In reply to TAMUallen
TAMUallen said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

TAMUallen said:

I agree, they almost always have better ways they could apprehend someone rather than no knock raids or attempting to get someone out of an occupied house or building. Different story if a hostage situation, but serving a warrant need not go down like this.

I suspect some of these "SWAT" teams are ill-trained and more than a few of these LEOs are caught up in the militarization of law enforcement. MRAPs and other vehicles. overweight dudes with AR style rifles (one hand always on the pistol grip in the photo ops), and this time it went tits up. Sad day for the families of the officers who died.
AtticusMatlock
1:27a, 4/30/24

AtticusMatlock
1:31a, 4/30/24
Full text of press release.

Quote:

The preliminary investigation indicates officers were attempting to serve active felony warrants on a male subject. As officers approached, the male subject discharged his firearm striking multiple officers. These officers requested immediate response from other officers. As officers responded, the gunfire continued, striking additional officers.

In total, eight officers were struck during the gunfire. The officers were rushed to area hospitals. Three task force officers were pronounced deceased at the hospital. One of the injured CMPD Officers, Joshua Eyer, a 6-year veteran, fought for his life for several hours before succumbing to his injuries.

The male suspect exited the residence on Galway Drive with a firearm. Law enforcement officers perceived an imminent deadly threat and fired their service weapons striking the suspect in the front yard of the residence.

Upon securing the scene, the suspect was pronounced deceased at the residence. The deceased suspect has been identified as Terry Clark Hughes, Jr, 39. Mr. Hughes was wanted for Possession of a Firearm by Felon and Felony Flee to Elude (2 counts) out of Lincoln County, North Carolina.

AtticusMatlock
1:32a, 4/30/24
Press conference:

The deceased Hughes was not the only shooter. News outlets reporting another shooter was a teenager, possibly Hughes' son, and fired from the inside. Two people were taken into custody.
Shoefly!
1:39a, 4/30/24
In reply to TAMUallen
ts5641
5:37a, 4/30/24
Soak up as much news as you can on this for the next day or so then it'll be memory holed.
Garrelli 5000
5:54a, 4/30/24
I wouldn't be surprised if the second shooter did most of the damage. It is hard to believe one guy could do that much to trained officers if we wasn't a sniper in a good position, or with an automatic weapon.

It would make sense that in the confusion they don't realize 2 people are shooting and only focus defensively on one person.

Or it could have just been crazy accuracy with rapid firing in a few seconds.
Take the trash out staff.
B-1 83
6:36a, 4/30/24
In reply to Garrelli 5000
Garrelli 5000 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the second shooter did most of the damage. It is hard to believe one guy could do that much to trained officers if we wasn't a sniper in a good position, or with an automatic weapon.

It would make sense that in the confusion they don't realize 2 people are shooting and only focus defensively on one person.

Or it could have just been crazy accuracy with rapid firing in a few seconds.
Either this or some serious firepower. It's a safe assumption all the LEOs had body armor.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
fullback44
6:49a, 4/30/24
What the heck was this shooter shooting? He must have had some type of rifle w scope and he knew what he was doing …crazy that he hit so many people
Pumpkinhead
6:57a, 4/30/24
In reply to ts5641
ts5641 said:

Soak up as much news as you can on this for the next day or so then it'll be memory holed.

Top story on cnn.com this morning.
DOG XO 84
7:14a, 4/30/24
In reply to Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead said:

ts5641 said:

Top story on cnn.com this morning.

Walked thru house saw story on cbs. No mention of shooter or photo, I knew he wasn't white,then.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings