Protest boys playing in girls sports? Get BANNED from future participation
4,174 Views | 45 Replies
BMX Bandit
10:09a, 4/30/24
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13364947/trans-athletes-becky-pepper-jackson-lawsuit-harrison-middle-school.html

Quote:

Five WEst Virginia middle school students who protested a trans athlete's participation in a shot put competition have been banned from future competitions.

Becky Pepper-Jackson, 13, competed in the Harris County Middle School Track and Field Championship on April 18, two days after a federal appeals court ruled Wes Virginia's transgender sports ban violated the teen's rights under Title IX.

Five girls from Lincoln Middle School stepped up to the circle for their turn, then refused to throw the ball

West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has filed a lawsuit against the Harrison County Board of Education on the student's behalf after they were banned from future events.

'I will do everything in my power to defend these brave young girls. This is just wrong. We must stand for what's right and oppose these radical trans policies,' Morrisey said on Monday.

Proud of these girls for doing this. Luckily, they live in a state where the attorney general has their back. not so for the track girls in oregon, etc.

Will this insanity ever end?
TexAgs91
10:18a, 4/30/24
So freedom of speech is dead. Again, I would like to know what Constitution we are actually living under.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
ABATTBQ11
10:21a, 4/30/24
Blatant first amendment violation. **** these people. Getting really sick of this crap.
bobbranco
10:27a, 4/30/24
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

If the freaks and perverts are rooted out and the sane school board members, administrators and teachers return it will end.
BadMoonRisin
10:28a, 4/30/24
bring back bullying
ProgN
10:31a, 4/30/24
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13364947/trans-athletes-becky-pepper-jackson-lawsuit-harrison-middle-school.html

Quote:

Five WEst Virginia middle school students who protested a trans athlete's participation in a shot put competition have been banned from future competitions.

Becky Pepper-Jackson, 13, competed in the Harris County Middle School Track and Field Championship on April 18, two days after a federal appeals court ruled Wes Virginia's transgender sports ban violated the teen's rights under Title IX.

Five girls from Lincoln Middle School stepped up to the circle for their turn, then refused to throw the ball

West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has filed a lawsuit against the Harrison County Board of Education on the student's behalf after they were banned from future events.

'I will do everything in my power to defend these brave young girls. This is just wrong. We must stand for what's right and oppose these radical trans policies,' Morrisey said on Monday.

Proud of these girls for doing this. Luckily, they live in a state where the attorney general has their back. not so for the track girls in oregon, etc.

That's such bull**** and I hope they sue the **** out of that school district and win.

Protest trans in your sport, get banned. Destroy buildings while calling for extermination of Jews, you don't even get expelled from college.

Progressivism is a cancer and it's spreading everywhere.
kag00
10:45a, 4/30/24
In reply to TexAgs91
TexAgs91 said:

So freedom of speech is dead. Again, I would like to know what Constitution we are actually living under.

It was "wrong" speech. "Correct" speech like the riots at campuses and BLM are without consequences. These girls did nothing to anyone but themselves in their refusal to participate in a competition they trained for. They should be celebrated, not banned from competition.
bmks270
11:04a, 4/30/24
I guess they are forbidden to forfeit, so the next move will be simply put in low effort.
Martin Q. Blank
11:07a, 4/30/24
In reply to BMX Bandit

Quote:

then refused to throw the ball
oh the horror!
El Gallo Blanco
11:08a, 4/30/24
F ALL LIBERALS.

Just a friendly reminder. There is not a single good one.
agracer
11:17a, 4/30/24
In reply to ABATTBQ11
ABATTBQ11 said:

Blatant first amendment violation. **** these people. Getting really sick of this crap.
Schools have a lot of leeway regarding the 1st amendment and students when they are on school grounds and/or participating in school functions.
Get Off My Lawn
11:42a, 4/30/24
In reply to bobbranco
bobbranco said:

BMX Bandit said:

If the freaks and perverts are rooted out and the sane school board members, administrators and teachers return it will end.
It ends when mass revival occurs and a Christian culture displaces the spirits of modernity.
Im Gipper
11:45a, 4/30/24
What a complete crock!!!

I'm Gipper
BBRex
11:47a, 4/30/24
While it is a stupid policy, it isn't a violation of the First Amendment. The girls were, in fact, able to have their protest. They are now facing the consequences of that decision.

I do applaud them for taking a stand. Allowing boys to compete in girls athletics is ridiculous. As is banning the girls from competition.

I'm wrong here, since they are being banned by the County Board of Education and not a private group. Carry on.
samurai_science
11:48a, 4/30/24
In reply to BBRex
BBRex said:

While it is a stupid policy, it isn't a violation of the First Amendment. The girls were, in fact, able to have their protest. They are now facing the consequences of that decision.

I do applaud them for taking a stand. Allowing boys to compete in girls athletics is ridiculous. As is banning the girls from competition.
We will see what the court says
Urban Ag
11:52a, 4/30/24
In reply to bmks270
bmks270 said:

I guess they are forbidden to forfeit, so the next move will be simply put in low effort.
Just walk up and scratch every throw or simply drop the shot put a foot outside the ring, in future competitions
bobbranco
11:56a, 4/30/24
In reply to BBRex
BBRex said:

Not when the government penalizes them for utilizing the First Amendment.

Having played sports I know plenty who refused to compete in an event for multiple reasons. None were ever penalized.

The correct call would have been to disqualify the boy playing dress up.
Ellis Wyatt
11:57a, 4/30/24
In reply to BBRex
BBRex said:

True. They're being banned from competition for standing up for science. and reality

"Education" has really taken some huge steps backward lately.
Im Gipper
12:10p, 4/30/24
In reply to BBRex
BBRex said:

Edit: The poster has realized his error.

I'm Gipper
StandUpforAmerica
12:30p, 4/30/24
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
jrdaustin
12:37p, 4/30/24
In reply to BBRex
BBRex said:

Uhh, no. Retribution after the fact is still a violation of their 1st amendment rights.

You're basically arguing that "They can say what they want to say, but then we can punish them for saying it."

That's not how it works. Unlike our "protestors" right now who are breaking and entering, as well as breaking all sorts of rules of how to protest, these girls simply refused to compete. There is no rule that states if you show up for a competition, you have to compete.

This will be overturned.
BadMoonRisin
12:39p, 4/30/24
In reply to StandUpforAmerica
The FBI needs to check that dude's hard drive.
BBRex
12:42p, 4/30/24
In reply to Im Gipper
Im Gipper said:

BBRex said:

To be blunt, your understanding of the first amendment and "consequences" is moronic.

Yep, you're right. I was wrong.
Im Gipper
12:44p, 4/30/24
In reply to BBRex
I apologize for the bluntness, but some takes warrant it. It is nothing personal against you.

I'm Gipper
BBRex
12:45p, 4/30/24
In reply to Im Gipper
Fair enough.
bobbranco
12:46p, 4/30/24
Damn. Whittaker alert!
Owlagdad
1:11p, 4/30/24
StandUpforAmerica said:

Riley is correct. They don't care about kid competing. They just like to get everybody riled up . That's their game.
Logos Stick
1:13p, 4/30/24
In reply to BMX Bandit
If people continue voting for the Democrat party, it will not end. It will get significantly worse.
No Spin Ag
1:14p, 4/30/24
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Those girls deserve all the support they're getting and more.

As for when it'll end, who knows, but this is a great start.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
1:36p, 4/30/24
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

It's good to see that state help out the girls.
e=mc2
1:38p, 4/30/24
StandUpforAmerica said:

Looks like a veiled threat on the shirt of that soy-filled pedophile.
Agthatbuilds
1:42p, 4/30/24
County and isd are about to get rolled
ttu_85
2:20p, 4/30/24
In reply to ProgN
ProgN said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

That's such bull**** and I hope they sue the **** out of that school district and win.

Protest trans in your sport, get banned. Destroy buildings while calling for extermination of Jews, you don't even get expelled from college.

Progressivism is a cancer and it's spreading everywhere.
Wow this is a very effective post. So true in every way possible, a damning indictment of our current world. Yet I, we, will do nothing.
taxpreparer
7:23p, 4/30/24
In reply to BBRex
BBRex said:

I'm wrong here, since they are being banned by the County Board of Education and not a private group. Carry on.

I applaud you for your correction.
B-1 83
7:31p, 4/30/24
In reply to Urban Ag
Urban Ag said:

bmks270 said:

Just walk up and scratch every throw or simply drop the shot put a foot outside the ring, in future competitions
This is the way…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode