Searching for wife
4,320 Views | 15 Replies
iceman08
8:50a, 12/11/23
Howdy all,

I'm posting to see if there is anyone out there looking to hire; my wife has been searching for a job for many months now, ex-catholic religion teacher (10 years) she doesn't want to go back to traditional teaching, worked for a catholic financial firm for a year doing a little bit of everything, then they let her go 3 weeks after she had our second child... that was a big blow.

She also has email marketing experience from an internship, Hub-spot marketing certificates and she's one of the smartest people I have ever been around. She can be very versatile, marketing, training, program management, any type of executive assistant - she's pretty open.

We're in North Virginia, looking for something around here, OR remote OR remote with semi frequent trips to Texas (or anywhere else) if needed. If anyone knows of anything, or an employer contact or would like to talk to her, please let me know!
AerialsUAS
10:43a, 12/11/23
You might try the Classifieds page for that
Rudyjax
11:48a, 12/11/23
WWW.EUROPEANWIVESCHEAP.COM
zooguy96
12:15p, 12/11/23
If I were you, I'd check out the local staffing agencies. My wife used to be a teacher, but successfully found two separate jobs (1 of which she still is employed in) for administrative positions.

She got one position through Express Employment Professionals and another through a local agency.
iceman08
2:43p, 12/11/23
definitely should have worded the title differently.... yep that's on me

appreciate TexAgs being TexAgs
AggieArchitect04
2:47p, 12/11/23
This made my day. Lol.
HollywoodBQ
2:58p, 12/11/23
Great title but no Rule #1?

Obviously there are a ton of remote jobs out there today.
Question is, what does she really want to do and what skills is she willing and able to acquire?

In my line of work in IT, the remote skills I need today are:
  • Tableau (management has decreed all reports must be in a dashboard)
  • Salesforce.com integration with other software preferably via API calls
  • Cloud Systems Administration Skills - preferably Azure or AWS
  • Project Management
In your wife's case, she should get some training in one of these areas and then get a job.
In the meantime, she could substitute teach or something to earn a little money.

I do applaud her wanting to work.
cevans_40
2:33p, 12/12/23
What a letdown this was. So much potential wasted
infinity ag
11:32a, 12/14/23
In reply to iceman08
iceman08 said:

Howdy all,

I'm posting to see if there is anyone out there looking to hire; my wife has been searching for a job for many months now, ex-catholic religion teacher (10 years) she doesn't want to go back to traditional teaching, worked for a catholic financial firm for a year doing a little bit of everything, then they let her go 3 weeks after she had our second child... that was a big blow.

She also has email marketing experience from an internship, Hub-spot marketing certificates and she's one of the smartest people I have ever been around. She can be very versatile, marketing, training, program management, any type of executive assistant - she's pretty open.

We're in North Virginia, looking for something around here, OR remote OR remote with semi frequent trips to Texas (or anywhere else) if needed. If anyone knows of anything, or an employer contact or would like to talk to her, please let me know!

If you want your wife to get into Info Tech, then start with taking a course in software testing. That is an easy way to get in and many housewives use this route. Courses are everywhere, I'd say do in person courses. Then she can take any job she gets in testing to get experience and move up. And then move into project management and other areas after that.

That is what my wife did.
WildcatterAg
7:50p, 3/23/24
Iceman, if your wife is still looking for something, could you shoot me a PM? I know of someone that is considering hiring a remote executive assistant.
Ag_N_Houston
3:03p, 3/25/24
In reply to WildcatterAg
WildcatterAg said:

Iceman, if your wife is still looking for something, could you shoot me a PM? I know of someone that is considering hiring a remote executive assistant.

I would potentially be interested. Is it true remote, or do you need to live in a specific area?

I am also a teacher, looking to move on from the classroom. I have a Business degree and CAPM.
WildcatterAg
6:55p, 3/25/24
In reply to Ag_N_Houston
Ag_N_Houston - could you shoot me a PM? Thank you!
Ag_N_Houston
8:37a, 3/26/24
In reply to WildcatterAg
I can't PM. Is there an email you can post temporarily? My email has my full name in it, so I don't want to post it here.
WildcatterAg
11:28a, 3/26/24
In reply to Ag_N_Houston
Ag_N_Houston
11:33a, 3/26/24
In reply to WildcatterAg
Got it. You can remove.
Ag_N_Houston
9:42p, 3/27/24
In reply to WildcatterAg
I sent an email yesterday.
CLOSE