Boycott the playoff game on Peacock
12,752 Views | 137 Replies
R E L
7:54p, 1/13/24
lol poors…it's $5 a month. Picked it up at the tail end of Prem last season, definitely gotten my moneys worth. ESPN/ABC just need to jump on a genuine subscription service and kill traditional cable/satellite contracts once and for all.
Lt. Joe Bookman
8:20p, 1/13/24
We already were subscribed to the Cock for some reason.

The fact that you have to pay for it and they are running ads is stupid. They should have done something to make it seem like you're getting a better broadcast on streaming. Currently, it's just annoying and is the exact same thing as SNF on NBC.
jr15aggie
8:49p, 1/13/24
In reply to Lt. Joe Bookman
Agreed. Ads are always going to play a part, but how about giving us a premium experience over the traditional "over the air" broadcast.

There are a lot of things they could do to keep us engaged in the game during time outs, change of possessions, etc.
Buck Compton
8:56p, 1/13/24
I just did the instacart+ 14 day trial. Didn't even have to put in payment info. Got peacock for free. Cancelling it tomorrow. Broadcast is exactly the same.

Definitely wouldn't pay.
double aught
8:56p, 1/13/24
In reply to R E L
R E L said:

lol poors…it's $5 a month. Picked it up at the tail end of Prem last season, definitely gotten my moneys worth. ESPN/ABC just need to jump on a genuine subscription service and kill traditional cable/satellite contracts once and for all.
This post-cable world ain't turning out that great. It's a mess. I don't know why you're rooting for it.

I suspect it'll all eventually coalesce into something similar to cable eventually, just streamed over the internet.
Enviroag02
9:00p, 1/13/24
Tua looks like complete trash
Mas89
9:09p, 1/13/24
Peacock sucks. My kids high school games had better video. Hoping Mahomes gets knocked out. Only reason I'm watching.
Buck Compton
9:13p, 1/13/24
It's so cold the helmets are breaking
WestTexAg12
9:15p, 1/13/24
And Mahomes is *****ing again.

He's the biggest crybaby in the NfL.
swc93
9:16p, 1/13/24
In reply to WestTexAg12
WestTexAg12 said:

Imagine how much he would whine if they started calling the holds his line is getting away with.
WestTexAg12
9:17p, 1/13/24
In reply to swc93
swc93 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Imagine how much he would whine if they started calling the holds his line is getting away with.

No kidding. Every scramble he makes is literally a hold.
halfastros81
9:18p, 1/13/24
I caved in on Peacock to watch the Ags play Oh st in hoops. Not regretting it right now.
Bigballin
9:21p, 1/13/24
I always though Achane's name was pronounced "A chain" not "A Chan"
nai06
9:23p, 1/13/24
I'm surprised they let mahomes continue to play for so long when the front of his helmet was crushed like that. Even more surprised they didn't force him to come out or take a time out to change helmets

nai06
9:25p, 1/13/24
In reply to Bigballin
Bigballin said:

If I recall, he requested the pronunciation be changed last fall.
Buck Compton
9:26p, 1/13/24
In reply to nai06
nai06 said:

I'm surprised they let mahomes continue to play for so long when the front of his helmet was crushed like that. Even more surprised they didn't force him to come out or take a time out to change helmets

It was one play with it broken
Goose83
9:29p, 1/13/24
In reply to Bigballin
Bigballin said:

There's precedent for this - Us olds remember when when it went from Tony Dor-set to Tony Dors-it.
EllisCoAg
9:35p, 1/13/24
Commercial free 4th QT
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
94chem
9:35p, 1/13/24
In reply to Iraq2xVeteran
Iraq2xVeteran said:

I hate how the NFL decided to air an NFL playoff game exclusively on peacock. Every NFL playoff game should be aired on network channels. I don't have peacock, but I will be streaming this game on this website:

https://nflhunter.com/

Maybe you could give us a tutorial on what sequence of links to click, how to avoid viruses, and how to not get unsolicited emails, texts, and phone calls for the next year. That site looks about as sketchy as ordering a hooker off temu.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Seven Costanza
9:39p, 1/13/24
Intentional Grounding doesn't really penalize you. It just puts the ball and down where you would have if you hadn't thrown it away.
Danny Vermin
9:40p, 1/13/24
Game is going how we all thought it would go.
IrishAg
9:41p, 1/13/24
So has Kansas City adopted the new college way of blocking in that you just blatantly hold every play and dare the refs to call it?
Beat40
9:55p, 1/13/24
In reply to IrishAg
IrishAg said:

So has Kansas City adopted the new college way of blocking in that you just blatantly hold every play and dare the refs to call it?
That's every team, every play.
hph6203
9:58p, 1/13/24
In reply to Seven Costanza
Seven Costanza said:

Intentional Grounding doesn't really penalize you. It just puts the ball and down where you would have if you hadn't thrown it away.
You lose the 5 yards from where the throw was made from, so you lose the yardage you would have lost, lose the down, and lose the 5 yards.
W
10:12p, 1/13/24
In reply to Enviroag02
Enviroag02 said:

the Dolphins and Tua -- despite the nice overall record -- were paper tigers

with this loss...Miami finishes just 1-6 vs. playoff teams this year

the 'fins feasted on the cupcakes on their schedule
BowSowy
10:13p, 1/13/24
sportsurge.io - pick a stream and put it on your phone, tablet, laptop, whatever and then stream it to your TV. It's not quite as easy as just subscribing to the cock, but I wanted to watch that game and didn't want to support this bull*****
double aught
10:16p, 1/13/24
In reply to hph6203
Since when?
Seven Costanza
10:16p, 1/13/24
In reply to hph6203
hph6203 said:

Seven Costanza said:

You lose the 5 yards from where the throw was made from, so you lose the yardage you would have lost, lose the down, and lose the 5 yards.

We're both wrong. In the NFL, the ball is placed at either the spot of the foul or 10 yards from the line of scrimmage, whichever is farther. You're losing the down if you take the sack either way.

The NCAA rule is spot of the foul and loss of down.
Danny Vermin
10:29p, 1/13/24
In reply to W
I agree but they were missing 25 sacks. Knock on wood but I'm so glad the Cowboys are as healthy as possible.
MSFC Aggie
11:15p, 1/13/24
In reply to W
W said:

Enviroag02 said:

the Dolphins and Tua -- despite the nice overall record -- were paper tigers

with this loss...Miami finishes just 1-6 vs. playoff teams this year

the 'fins feasted on the cupcakes on their schedule

This. He's seldom very good with games on the line. Miami will never go far with Tua at QB.
Danny Vermin
11:56p, 1/13/24
Holy F***. If you bought peacock for the game, you need to watch the Ted TV show.
walton91
10:25a, 1/14/24
Couldn't watch live, and discovered Peacock didn't post a replay of the game. Good job NBC
Lake08
10:59a, 1/14/24
In reply to walton91
walton91 said:

Couldn't watch live, and discovered Peacock didn't post a replay of the game. Good job NBC

It was just on NFL Network this morning
TyHolden
11:06a, 1/14/24
In reply to Lake08
Lake08 said:

walton91 said:

It was just on NFL Network this morning

Is that on peacock?
jkag89
11:22a, 1/14/24
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >