Don't worry Texans fans you will see a Lombardi Trophy soon
2,987 Views | 118 Replies
Bruce Almighty
11:07a, 1/21/24
I've lived in both cities and don't have any allegiance to either. From my experience, Dallas fans are more annoying. They spend more time obsessing over Houston obsessing over Dallas than Houston actually obsessing over Dallas.
bmiller
11:14a, 1/21/24
I grew up a Cowboys fan. But moved to Houston almost 30 years ago. I am 55 years old now. I am one of those rare people that roots for both. They are both Texas teams. And I have lived my whole life in Texas. Why is there a stigma out there that you have to take a side. I like both teams and will continue to root for both. Don't care what anybody else thinks. Plus, the last Super Bowl that the Cowboys won was before the Texans existed. Give the Texans some time. They are actually building something special right now. I like the direction they are going.
Remember to keep things in perspective. There are more important things in life, such as God, family, and your health. Everything else comes after that.
knj2417
11:28a, 1/21/24
In reply to micahb2002
I mean, Houston Texans were founded in 2002. Cowboys last super bowl was 1996. Since 2002, the cowboys are 200-155 with 4 playoff wins. Since 2002, Texans are 152-202 with 5 playoff wins. So overall, the Texans have achieved more playoff success than the Cowboys since their inception. Cowboys cant get it done in the post season, its an epidemic
micahb2002
12:44p, 1/21/24
In reply to bmiller
The Texans have their QB and head coach it appears. Dak is not a Super Bowl level QB and Jerry is the worst General Manager in the league.
Greg Johnson
3:27p, 1/21/24
In reply to bmiller
bmiller said:

I grew up a Cowboys fan. But moved to Houston almost 30 years ago. I am 55 years old now. I am one of those rare people that roots for both. They are both Texas teams. And I have lived my whole life in Texas. Why is there a stigma out there that you have to take a side. I like both teams and will continue to root for both. Don't care what anybody else thinks. Plus, the last Super Bowl that the Cowboys won was before the Texans existed. Give the Texans some time. They are actually building something special right now. I like the direction they are going.
Mr. Miller,

Your lack of understanding of the inferiority complex of the average Houston Oiler fan in the 60s, 70s and 80s is shocking.

We loved our Blue but hated the Dallas Cowboys with a purple heart-felt passion.

I was born in 1956 and went to every Oiler home game in Rice Stadium as a very young boy and then the Astrodome all through elementary school through high school and until the Oilers left. When I was a boy, Bud introduced me to Joe Namath the season after he won the Superbowl, and he did so in the Jet's locker room.

My Dad ran three of Bud Adam's Houston car dealerships, so I grew up knowing Bud Adams well (I know you guys hate him, but he was sure nice to a young guy like me).

Anyway, I grew up passionately hating the Cowboys and looking back, I know it was fan jealousy.

I route for three teams now. Titans first (because of the Adams). Texans second (because I'm a Houstonian) and Dallas third (because I got over my hate and I'm a Texas native. I'm still fond of the Adams family (so love the Titans) because they were good to me as a boy and very good to my late Dad.

Dave Grohl
4:00p, 1/21/24
In reply to micahb2002
micahb2002 said:

if you just drive up 45 to Dallas. You can see five of them, actually.

Lol… with what coach and what quarterback? I know who those will be for the Texans for the next several years!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
4:03p, 1/21/24
Quote:

I'm still fond of the Adams family (so love the Titans) because they were good to me as a boy and very good to my late Dad.
Can you share more on this kindness?

Most TexAg'ers have a repulsion of the Adams family - I never could stand Bud because his whining and threatening to move the Oilers cost Houston the exploding scoreboard. Just curious.
#FJB
Gigem314
5:54p, 1/21/24
In reply to mccag
mccag said:

Gigem314 said:

Cowboy fans would much rather have Stroud and Ryans and than Dak, McCarthy, and ol Jerry.
I am a diehard Cowboy's fan and you sir are absolutely correct!
I followed the Cowboys in the 90's as a kid, and someone gave me a Troy Aikman shirt growing up. By the time I got back to Houston, the Oilers were done.

Houston's had a long time waiting for a superstar QB. I hope this finally takes it to the next level for Houston fans.
micahb2002
6:39p, 1/21/24

LincolnBorglum79
8:38p, 1/21/24
Cowboys fans are embarrassing. 1990s were decades ago. Any accomplishments while both teams existed? Worst team in nfc in playoff results since 2002. Detroit just passed you.
GrapevineAg
8:41p, 1/21/24
In reply to knj2417
knj2417 said:

I mean, Houston Texans were founded in 2002. Cowboys last super bowl was 1996. Since 2002, the cowboys are 200-155 with 4 playoff wins. Since 2002, Texans are 152-202 with 5 playoff wins. So overall, the Texans have achieved more playoff success than the Cowboys since their inception. Cowboys cant get it done in the post season, its an epidemic

"Hang the banner!"
TXAG 05
10:16p, 1/21/24
In reply to LeagueCityAg
LeagueCityAg said:

micahb2002 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Paul Durbin said:

I like both teams… but oddly not really a rangers fan
The baseball rivalry is great. I'm so ready for this next season.

Houston needs to do all it can to continue to try to lure the Coyotes in from Arizona. The NHL doesn't want to abandon the market and is suspect as to whether Texas can support two hockey teams since Dallas is essentially a medium market. But, Arizona has proven that it doesn't support an NHL team much more than Atlanta. Fertitta may could get X number of up-front sponsors because the business sponsors and boxes are the two keys to a franchise's survival and why Atlanta always tanked.
I just wanna be able to see my Stars locally.

Move
The Porkchop Express
8:20a, 1/22/24
In reply to micahb2002
micahb2002 said:

if you just drive up 45 to Dallas. You can see five of them, actually.

Iraq2xVeteran
9:14p, 1/23/24
I am a 49ers fan, and I think DeMeco Ryans and CJ Stroud has the Houston Texans headed in the right direction. The Houston Texans best hope of reaching the Super Bowl is to get the AFC's No. 1 seed, which will probably require a 13-4 or better regular season record. The Houston Texans are 0-5 in divisional playoff games, but all 5 of those games were on the road. Having home field advantage throughout the playoffs will increase the Texans' chance of reaching the Super Bowl. I won't be surprised if the Texans make their first AFC Championship Game appearance before the Cowboys make their next NFC Championship Game appearance.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings