***** Official Super Bowl Thread *****
40,101 Views | 644 Replies
MookieBlaylock
10:16p, 2/11/24
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

So if time had ticked off the clock there, they would've started a new quarter? The more you know… I was losing my mind thinking Andy Reid was going for a new low in time management

Ahh. I was going nuts too but we couldn't hear anything sitting as Hollywood Studios after cheer nationals.

Oak Ridge High School (Conroe) placed 5th nationally, Jordan Katy were national champs.

In case anyone cares

No nobody gives a crap cheer mom
LB12Diamond
10:18p, 2/11/24
In reply to MookieBlaylock
Went on a few dates with a cheer mom. They have some very entertaining stories.
gigem1223
In reply to jonb02
jonb02 said:

Lifelong fan here.

Riiiiiight
Gabster43213
I despise these guys who refer to female reporters as "Man."
Hamburger Dan
10:20p, 2/11/24
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

So if time had ticked off the clock there, they would've started a new quarter? The more you know… I was losing my mind thinking Andy Reid was going for a new low in time management

Ahh. I was going nuts too but we couldn't hear anything sitting as Hollywood Studios after cheer nationals.

Oak Ridge High School (Conroe) placed 5th nationally, Jordan Katy were national champs.

In case anyone cares

No way this post could be real.
Aston04
10:23p, 2/11/24
In reply to LB12Diamond
LB12Diamond said:

Went on a few dates with a cheer mom. They have some very entertaining stories.
do tell.
Breggy Popup
10:27p, 2/11/24
In reply to Hamburger Dan
Hamburger Dan said:

Bregxit said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

In case anyone cares

Serious as a heart attack. My daughter is on one of those teams.
LB12Diamond
10:27p, 2/11/24
In reply to Aston04
Per her coaches there's a giver and a taker in every relationship. And they don't change positions if you know what I mean. I was surprised I had never heard that one before.

I told her what, how do they know when meeting someone. She said they don't. You cannot tell by looking at them. They meet and let each other know at the start. If they are the same. They say, nice to meet you and move on.

You learn something new every day.
agdaddy04
10:32p, 2/11/24
In reply to 94chem
94chem said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

Yeah, I had no idea that people didn't understand overtime rules. Sure, I explained it to my wife, but I figured actual football fans would know. I don't think it occurred to Romo or Nantz to explain that the quarter clock meant nothing except a direction switch.

Yes, but according to nfl.com they would have lost possession of the ball

"There will be a two-minute intermission between each overtime period. There will not be a halftime intermission after the second period.
The captain who lost the first overtime coin toss will either choose to possess the ball or select which goal his team will defend, unless the team that won the coin toss deferred that choice."
Hi, Im Brett
10:37p, 2/11/24
In reply to agdaddy04
I read that as after the 2nd "quarter" OT
Iraq2xVeteran
10:50p, 2/11/24
As a 49ers fan, it was heartbreaking to watch the San Francisco 49ers lose 25-22 to the Kansas City Chiefs in overtime for a 3rd straight Super Bowl loss. As a result, the Chiefs repeated as Super Bowl champions, becoming the first to do so since the 2004 New England Patriots. The Chiefs have won 3 Super Bowls in the last 5 years. In contrast, the 49ers have lost 3 straight Super Bowl appearances after winning their first 5, keeping them tied with the Cowboys for the 2nd most behind the Steelers (6) and Patriots (6). Kyle Shanahan has fallen to 8-4 in playoffs, and 0-2 in Super Bowls.
Aston04
10:55p, 2/11/24
In reply to Iraq2xVeteran
Iraq2xVeteran said:

It was heartbreaking to watch the San Francisco 49ers lose 25-22 to the Kansas City Chiefs in overtime for a 3rd straight Super Bowl loss. As a result, the Chiefs repeated as Super Bowl champions, becoming the first to do so since the 2004 New England Patriots. The Chiefs have won 3 Super Bowls in the last 5 years. In contrast, the 49ers have lost 3 straight Super Bowl appearances after winning their first 5, keeping them tied with the Cowboys for the 2nd most behind the Steelers (6) and Patriots (6). Kyle Shanahan has fallen to 8-4 in playoffs, and 0-2 in Super Bowls.

No, it wasn't. The town of SF sucks.
Out in Left Field
11:28p, 2/11/24
What in the ChatGPT is this??
W
11:32p, 2/11/24
Shanahan and the 49ers are trying to win Super Bowls without a great QB and without a great passing game

their approach is...good late round QB...superstar RB...heavy FB utilization...very old school

attempting to draw to an inside straight
94chem
11:47p, 2/11/24
In reply to Hamburger Dan
Hamburger Dan said:

Bregxit said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

In case anyone cares

Exactly. How could any cheer team come home without a national championship? They hand out trophies like it's the end of t-ball season.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Grapesoda2525
12:08a, 2/12/24
BMX Bandit
6:09a, 2/12/24
In reply to W
W said:

Shanahan and the 49ers are trying to win Super Bowls without a great QB and without a great passing game

their approach is...good late round QB...superstar RB...heavy FB utilization...very old school

attempting to draw to an inside straight

Their approach was trading up in 1st round, but it failed miserably.
The Porkchop Express
7:40a, 2/12/24
Was great to see Tony Romo and Dak Prescott finally make the Super Bowl!
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
MookieBlaylock
8:03a, 2/12/24
It was odd at the beginning when Romo was talking about how nerve racking the game is for the starting QB at the Super Bowl......

Huh
agracer
8:23a, 2/12/24
In reply to Goose83
Goose83 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

RRRIIIGGGGGGGEEEEDDDDDDDDD!
Only one penalty on KC after the second quarter.

No wonder these guys are unbeatable.

Only one penalty on SF as well (that I can find on the play-by-play).

SF gave up running the ball, which IMO doomed them.
Iraq2xVeteran
9:08a, 2/12/24
In reply to agracer
agracer said:

Goose83 said:

As a 49er fan, I agree that Kyle Shanahan should have stuck with the running game, but I also think the punt that bounced off he ball ricocheted off Darrel Luter's foot, forcing Ray-Ray McCloud to try and make a play on the ball, was the biggest miscue. The Chiefs needed just one play to score 7 points off of that fluky bounce.
W
9:18a, 2/12/24
it's interesting looking back...

the 49ers were bad in the 1st half vs. the Lions. The 49ers struggled to beat the Packers.

the Ravens blew them out in week 16.

SF & Purdy peaked after their bye week (9) thru week 15 --- then didn't play at the same level afterwards

FTAG 2000
11:22a, 2/12/24
Shanny called it tight. Run the ball and hope the D will hold.

Should have realized when Greenlaw went out that playing that tight would end up with a loss. And certainly to the point in OT he should have gone for it.

Was also weird that he didn't realize that Spags would be blitzing hard on those third downs (last SF regulation possession, and OT). A screen to CMC probably scores on one or both of those, instead of slow developing routes when Purdy didn't have time.

the_batman26
11:32a, 2/12/24
In reply to Aston04
Kansas City also equally sucks. Where San Fran has chaos, KC has nothing.
AggieOO
12:12p, 2/12/24
In reply to gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

jonb02 said:

Lifelong fan here.

Riiiiiight

Lifelong here too. Don't care if anyone believes me.

I was born in Missouri. My dad was born/raised in KC and was a season ticket holder for years.

Love all the hate, especially having to suffer through the cowboys fans in the 90s.
Southlake
12:35p, 2/12/24
Iraq2xVeteran said:

agracer said:

Goose83 said:

As a 49er fan, I agree that Kyle Shanahan should have stuck with the running game, but I also think that fumbled punt by Ray-Ray McCloud that led to 7 points for the Chiefs was the biggest miscue.
Ray Ray didn't fumble that punt. It hit the blockers leg and Ray Ray tried to get the live ball…
Southlake
12:38p, 2/12/24
In reply to AggieOO
AggieOO said:

gigem1223 said:

jonb02 said:

Lifelong fan here.

Riiiiiight

I was born in Missouri. My dad was born/raised in KC and was a season ticket holder for years.

Love all the hate, especially having to suffer through the cowboys fans in the 90s.
KC has won the SB 3 out of 4 years. They probably would have beaten Tampa but their O line was completely decimated.

Mahomes did it this year with crappy receivers…

Damn impressive.
TAZ99
1:00p, 2/12/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express said:

Just going to ignore JJ Watt's first trip?
MookieBlaylock
1:39p, 2/12/24
In reply to Southlake
Southlake said:

AggieOO said:

gigem1223 said:

jonb02 said:

Lifelong fan here.

Riiiiiight

Or San Fran Pissed away a 10 pt 4th quarter lead
Tampa killed them
Eagles pissed away the game last year
San Fran fumbled another 10 pt lead and pissed away the super bowl again

They have yet to win convincingly and should have lost all 3 that they one and we're not the better team

They sold their souls and the devil was on the stands to witch them on

KC has won the SB 3 out of 4 years. They probably would have beaten Tampa but their O line was completely decimated.

Mahomes did it this year with crappy receivers…

Damn impressive.
Iraq2xVeteran
3:40p, 2/12/24
In reply to Southlake
Southlake said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

agracer said:

Goose83 said:

As a 49er fan, I agree that Kyle Shanahan should have stuck with the running game, but I also think that fumbled punt by Ray-Ray McCloud that led to 7 points for the Chiefs was the biggest miscue.
Ray Ray didn't fumble that punt. It hit the blockers leg and Ray Ray tried to get the live ball…
I corrected my comment. The ball ricocheted off Darrel Luter's foot, forcing Ray-Ray McCloud to try and make a play on the ball.
Southlake
3:56p, 2/12/24
Interesting that the 49er receiver who threw the throwback to Macaffrey for a TD, did the same to the Aggies for Tennessee in 2016
Max Power
4:56p, 2/12/24
In reply to TexAgs1992
TexAgs1992 said:

**** the Chiefs.

**** Brittany Mahomes.

**** Travis Kelce.

**** Jackson Mahomes.

**** Chiefs fans

The Porkchop Express
5:09p, 2/12/24
In reply to TAZ99
TAZ99 said:

He was a commentator on last year's broadcast as well. Maybe Romo and Dak will catch him some day!
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
EllisCoAg
5:24p, 2/12/24
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Southlake said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

agracer said:

Goose83 said:

I corrected my comment. The ball ricocheted off Darrel Luter's foot, forcing Ray-Ray McCloud to try and make a play on the ball.
I've always thought this rule was a bad one, the ball touches a player who is not trying to receive it, has no idea where it will land, and is engaged in blocking the opponent but it is a free ball??
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
GrapevineAg 1998
5:53p, 2/12/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express

TAZ99 said:

He was a commentator on last year's broadcast as well. Maybe Romo and Dak will catch him some day!

According to the interwebs this was Romo's 3rd Super Bowl for CBS, hopefully he catches JJ soon.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 18 of 19
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings