FFVII Rebirth
2,072 Views | 26 Replies
ramblin_ag02
1:32p, 3/4/24
Anyone else pick this up? Played Nibelheim in the demo and it was perfect. The card minigame seems fun. Just made it to the open area and it's a little annoying. My tendency is to ignore the checkpoints and go exploring, but none of the cool stuff in the open world activites until you progress a bit in the story. So I came across all this interesting stuff that I couldn't interact with.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WGann3
2:26p, 3/4/24
I'm a PC player so I'm waiting for it to release for me. My buddy who has a PS5 said it's wayyyy more open world than Remake, which was pretty linear. Can't wait to explore that world.
dcaggie04
2:36p, 3/4/24
I'm about 20 hours played. I've been completing alot of each open world area so far. Got to go back and finish some. Loving it so far.
chase128
4:09p, 3/4/24
It's been fantastic. I'm in Costa del Sol and I can't put it down.
ramblin_ag02
10:49a, 3/5/24
I tried beating Titan as soon as I found Chadley and get rocked. Apparently I'm trash at this game now despite completely owning the combat last game. Also, I think the first chocobo race is impossible. My bird is slow as molasses
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bbattbq01
11:21p, 3/5/24
I'm in costa del sol too. Really good so far. Combat feels better than remake, the new synergy skills are fun.
BQwolf05
1:18p, 3/6/24
Been so excited for this. FF7 was my first RPG to play all the way through and I really enjoyed the Remake. Just 100% the grasslands and working on tying to beat Titan on full might...got him to around 25-35% HP on 4th try but was down to just Cloud so yea that didn't work. May try it a few more times and just move on to easy and take the win and go find a snake to move on the game.

Combat is fun and enjoying the graphics.

I am loving the expanded lore they are adding.
BQwolf05
1:19p, 3/6/24
In reply to ramblin_ag02
I am assuming you are holding R2 or pushing L3 when the race starts to speed up?
ramblin_ag02
1:36p, 3/6/24
In reply to BQwolf05
R2 the whole time. Best I've gotten is 56 seconds and that was flawless driving. R2 makes the bird go from a walk to a slow jog
BQwolf05
2:28p, 3/6/24
In reply to ramblin_ag02
That is weird, when I hold it all the way down it runs. Try clicking L3, I think I have to do it a couple times to get up to full speed. Have beat all three times.
cr0wbar
3:36p, 3/6/24
12 yr old crowbar is having the time of his life playing rebirth. FF7 was my first dip into JRPGs. Just got to Junon, but playing a lot of Queen's Blood (I get it about 80% of the time) and unlocking POIs on the map. The updated music hits me right in the feels. The whole Sephiroth / Jenova / Nibelheim sequence on PS5 was amazing. I'm definitely going to lose it in Cosmo Canyon.

@Ramblin - Keep triggering R2 or L3 (maybe you have accidentally rebound the boost button?) - sometimes the Chocobos get locked up a ground obstacle. You'll definitely know when you're boosting - you'll have an audio and visual cue. I've been spamming sprint around the world map.

BQwolf05
3:40p, 3/6/24
In reply to cr0wbar
cr0wbar said:

12 yr old crowbar is having the time of his life playing rebirth. FF7 was my first dip into JRPGs. Just got to Junon, but playing a lot of Queen's Blood (I get it about 80% of the time) and unlocking POIs on the map. The updated music hits me right in the feels. The whole Sephiroth / Jenova / Nibelheim sequence on PS5 was amazing.
I loved that fire sequence on the original and yes it was amazing in the new version of it.
BQwolf05
7:25p, 3/6/24
Bragging- just took out Titan at full power.
ramblin_ag02
8:47a, 3/7/24
Figured out the bird issue. Good job on Titan! I took him out weakened x 1 yesterday and may try the real deal this weekend
cr0wbar
9:45a, 3/7/24
In reply to BQwolf05
Think I beat the Titan at 2/3 power the other day - I'm assuming I can go back to Chandler and redo Titan at max?

Also - if anyone has any good guides to playing Queens Blood - I'd like to hear them. Felt like that tutorial covered about half of what the game actually entails
BQwolf05
10:16a, 3/7/24
In reply to ramblin_ag02
Glad to hear you got the bird worked out.
BQwolf05
10:21a, 3/7/24
In reply to cr0wbar
Yes, just like any of the sims you can redo it. I do not think there is really any real reason to do it at full power (achievement/reward) just the "I did it factor".

I watched a video guide on it and wanted to see if I learned anything and managed to pull it off on 2-3 more tires.
Learning to block is the key and will be big in this game for the highest difficulty setting. I was never good at timings and getting older def has not helped with that.
Señor Chang
2:16p, 3/7/24
In reply to cr0wbar
cr0wbar said:

12 yr old crowbar is having the time of his life playing rebirth. FF7 was my first dip into JRPGs. Just got to Junon, but playing a lot of Queen's Blood (I get it about 80% of the time) and unlocking POIs on the map. The updated music hits me right in the feels. The whole Sephiroth / Jenova / Nibelheim sequence on PS5 was amazing. I'm definitely going to lose it in Cosmo Canyon.

@Ramblin - Keep triggering R2 or L3 (maybe you have accidentally rebound the boost button?) - sometimes the Chocobos get locked up a ground obstacle. You'll definitely know when you're boosting - you'll have an audio and visual cue. I've been spamming sprint around the world map.

I need to get this game. FF7 was also my first JRPG. The Cosmo Canyon theme music on PS1 was legit.
Cromagnum
5:54p, 3/7/24
I never finished rebirth so may tidy up and get that done. How does character progression and gear work with the 2nd part? Do you keep what you got or start with some arbitrary stats and new gear?
BQwolf05
8:57a, 3/8/24
In reply to Cromagnum
You dont keep what you had, you start with basic gear and materia though.
ramblin_ag02
9:02a, 3/8/24
If you have Remake save data then you get Leviathan Summon Materia from the start. If you have Intergrade data then you get Ramuh as well
Prime0882
9:26p, 3/26/24
F the situp mini game. Enjoying the vibe/exploration of the game, but they added way too many mini games in my opinion.
bbattbq01
8:08a, 3/27/24
Sit-up mini game was by far the worst. Especially since the pattern changes when you retry so you can't even get in a groove.

Got to the Loveless part last night, so good. Ended up with Tifa on date night.
Scooley01
10:09a, 3/27/24
I'm playing through it with my SO, absolutely loving it so far! We're in Cosmo Canyon with a ton of hours on the save already...been doing pretty much everything possible in each area before moving on. The nostalgia factor is REAL - this was my first full RPG I played through when I was younger, and I put a zillion hours into it, spent a ton of time talking about it with friends, used up all the paper in the school library printing chocobo breeding guides, etc.
cr0wbar
12:17p, 3/27/24
You guys are flying through! I'm trying to 100% each region before moving on. Just got to Costa Del Sol. That ship battle was pretty challenging. I am playing it on that dynamic mode so I think the enemies are staying near my level regardless.
bbattbq01
9:40p, 3/27/24
Didn't feel like flying…. Almost 100 hours and a month in, also doing all the quests and mini games along the way.

Game is really good. Feels more natural at this length than remake did. You could really feel the stretch to make Midgar a whole game in that one.

Chadley is about the only thing I haven't liked so far.
chase128
4:51p, 3/29/24
I finished the main story the other day. Took me right at 100 hours. I was getting real burned out at the end, I should have paced myself more. What really got to me, though, was trying to high score all the mini games. I should have put that off until after I beat the game. I ended up giving up on that goal (which was not a smart goal in the first place), and maybe I'll try later. The Ultimate Party Animal quest is still bugged for me (and a lot of other people) and there's no indication it will get fixed soon.

The chapter select unlocks after you beat the game, and it seems pretty easy to jump around and complete stuff you left. I wish I had known that ahead of time.

I enjoy a lot of the mini games, but some don't click with me and some get ridiculously hard. The 3d brawler is awful and the Chocobo Glide game was not fun at all for me, just to name a few.

I LOVED the game, up until about Chapter 12 and the burn out set in. I was trying to do all the side content/mini games and I really didn't need to cram it all in. Plus, the boss gauntlet at the end of Ch 12 was...not fun. That boss at the end was such a stark difference from everything else in the game that it threw me off. The boss could track me through my dodges, and that felt awful. But after Ch 12, and deciding to put the mini games to the side, I finished up the game and was blown away. The ending had a lot going on, a lot to process, but it was a hell of a ride.

Anyway, overall it's a great game. Jam packed with content, made with care and lots of attention to detail. Getting the Plat trophy seems like a real stretch for me. I want to, but the time and skill required is daunting. The combat simulator fights look like they might be beyond me (and I'm no stranger to FromSoftware games).
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings