Home Speaker Setup

685 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Funk12
Funk12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So we moved into a new home built in 2001 end of last year, and it has inset speakers in the living room, master, dining, kitchen, and outside. They left the wiring of course but took the head unit. I have (8) total speakers inside the home, and I think 4 outside.

My question is, I have limited stereo head experience, and what few head units I look at don't have the wiring setup for 8+ speakers. We want something that we can bluetooth/wireless to that isn't insanely expensive, basically using the existing speakers and wiring. Just trying to see if anyone has any feedback/experience.

Thanks

agnerd
AG
That's 5 zones. Are there not 10 speakers (2 per zone)?

This is the easiest way to do what you want, but it's expensive:
https://www.jukeaudio.com/product/juke-plus?utm_term=&utm_campaign=Smart+Shopping&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=3356030644&hsa_cam=18139324310&hsa_grp=&hsa_ad=&hsa_src=x&hsa_tgt=&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2a6wBhCVARIsABPeH1sVr9ZAfBya-NmFPIRAizle7g8acTvT4SopnW6X8i5Sk3y6FN-n6fUaAp85EALw_wcB

If you don't need to control everything with your phone and/or bluetooth, this will save you some money:
monoprice $650
Or just add a bluetooth receiver. I'm not a fan because you lose the music if you walk too far away with the phone in your pocket.

agdoc2001
AG
You need a distribution amplifier - the Dayton 1240a would work and Monoprice has some as well
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Funk12
That's what I wasn't sure on, I know a typical receiver only does up to certain speakers and not "zones". And I figured I needed one that would handle zones. This is something I've never dealt with and new to me so wasn't sure how to even go about it, and if there was a cheaper option so to speak. But yeah it's a total of like 6 zones as you mentioned.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.