What did you get for being in a wedding...?
7,420 Views | 62 Replies
txaggie02
2:02p, 1/21/10
^
|
Same here. Can't give away the gifts, but I have already told them that I am paying for their tuxes.

[This message has been edited by txaggie02 (edited 1/21/2010 2:18p).]
SpiDer 04
2:09p, 1/21/10
I am getting married in a couple of months and decided to go out and buy each groomsman a Cooler and set of nice BBQ tools....the most practical thing I could think of that they would use.....
Campfire Soul
2:15p, 1/21/10
HOOKERS AND BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!
slappy
2:34p, 1/21/10
the bride's sister.
AgLawman
3:16p, 1/21/10
King Ranch dop bag with their initials...first rate!!!
WildcatAg
3:21p, 1/21/10
quote:
What did you get for being in a wedding...?

I got a hot wife that makes more money than me!
HECUBUS
3:35p, 1/21/10
Mug, flask, knife from brother, brother, best friend.

My brothers knew me better...d8)
HECUBUS
3:51p, 1/21/10
double post..d8)

[This message has been edited by HECUBUS (edited 1/21/2010 3:52p).]
DirtDiver
4:25p, 1/21/10
quote:
I am trolling all over the net trying to figure out a good gift for my guys.

Get your future wife to import freshmen bridesmaids from Tech.
txaggie02
4:28p, 1/21/10
Yeah, that's the ticket. Give em the herps.

"Guys, you are up here because you have played a special part of my life. For that, I am giving you something that will make you d|ck fall off. Thank you again for being my friend."

[This message has been edited by txaggie02 (edited 1/21/2010 4:33p).]
DirtDiver
5:58p, 1/21/10
I amlost spewed tobacco juice all over my keyboard.
TXAG 05
6:31p, 1/21/10
Leatherman, bottles of liquour, couple knives, King Ranch wallet, which I use the most.
AggieBarstool
6:44p, 1/21/10
Having been in several weddings and not receiving anything, I'd be grateful for just a gift - period.
TdoubleH
7:39p, 1/21/10
aggie0959,

what do you use as a base underneath the tile?
Hemingway
8:35p, 1/21/10
Got a watch once. I wouldn't recommend that. The donation to wounded warriors sounds like a winner. Depending on your friends - a membership to the NRA for a year (or more depending on budget). You get a magazine and the hope someone is working to protect you.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
10:51p, 1/21/10
I got a wife

and you cant give those back
TXAG 05
11:43p, 1/21/10
quote:
Having been in several weddings and not receiving anything, I'd be grateful for just a gift - period.

What great friends you have
ursusguy
11:54p, 1/21/10
Got a flask that I have no real purpose for, but looks nice. Got a knife that is too nice looking for me to carry as a practical matter. I did get a nice Eddie Bauer canvas duffel that has been my main suite case for going on 10 years.--That marriage may have gone down in flames, but the gifts were great.
aggie0959
8:01a, 1/22/10
TdoubleH - it's a trade secret. just kidding i use plywood and then liquid nail each piece of tile down. is that what you where wondering?
Stoney
8:50a, 1/22/10
I got a monogrammed boot flask that has been used so much that the silver is wearing off the corners. Metal detectors at sporting events have seriously curtailed the carry, though.
TdoubleH
9:29a, 1/22/10
Yeah. I'm building a desk and am going to do a decorative tile top. Didn't want to use cement board because of the weight factor. Thanks.
bump03
9:44a, 1/22/10
I would say get a nice Moore Maker pocket knife. The owner is an Aggie and can engrave the handle and I think he can engrave the blade.

I have rec'd several knifes, tux paid for, and engraved mugs, shot glasses, and flasks. The Moore Makers I rec'd is by far the best and most used gift I gotten so far.
aggie0959
9:59a, 1/22/10
make sure you brace the ply wood well. i did a desk top with tile and then we went to move it the wood flexed and all the tile popped. it really sucks because now i have to chip off all the tile and re apply new tile. also if you are going to do a desk you should think about using a glaze over the top so that it is a smooth work surface. there is some stuff called pour-on and it is a two part epoxy that should work i have not used it on tile yet but that is something to consider.

[This message has been edited by aggie0959 (edited 1/22/2010 10:00a).]
schmellba99
4:14p, 1/22/10
I've recieved flasks, a couple of pocket knives and a humidor.

For my wedding, I gave groomsmen and ushers a personalized decanter set with their initials engraved in the glass, and a bottle of their favorite spirit to fill said decanter with. Every one of them though it was the shiz. Either that, or they were just being nice to me anyway.

I know they enjoyed the liquor, because we managed to drink all of it after the rehearsal dinner at the river house I rented for us to hang out in.

The next morning was kind of rough, and it was a good thing we were too drunk to figure out how to hotwire the shrimp boat. Otherwise we may have ended up in Mexico or Haiti before it was over and done with.
nactownag
9:17p, 1/22/10
aggie0959

How much for one of your tables?
aggie0959
7:28a, 1/23/10
for the two tables on the other post(aggie texas table, team roper table) i can take $175 because i need to get rid of them. But if there is something custom or something i don't have in my garage i ask $250.
email me at aggie0959 @ yahoo . com
Protrident
8:34a, 1/23/10
a coffee mug that can't go in the microwave or the washing machine.
str8shot1000
11:08a, 1/23/10
I've only been in a couple of weddings. I got the engraved keychain, money clip and knife and at the other, my buddy introduced me to his ex at his wedding and she took care of the gift very nicely afterwards...
taquache02
4:51p, 1/23/10
Case knife, BBQ gift set, personalized Dominoes, personalized J&M passport holder, King Ranch pen & letter opener
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings