Mosquito Mist System??
2,975 Views | 29 Replies
4xAgs
3:54p, 5/7/21
Anyone installed one? If so, what type? Satisfied...would you do it again?? Any recommendations?

TIA
dr_boogs
4:04p, 5/7/21
Yes, we have one. Unit name escapes me. Mistaway maybe? Great to create a perimeter and keep them knocked way down around the house. We are expanding the system this summer to also get a perimeter around the back fence and patio.
agstudent
4:08p, 5/7/21
Not the cheapest thing in the world, but they definitely work. Biggest down side is that they kill EVERYTHING, including beneficial insects.
lb sand
5:04p, 5/7/21
I use bifen in a hose end sprayer.
Spray the yard every 2 or 3 weeks. Works great even in mosquito infested Houston.

Like the other poster said, it kills pretty much all insects.
Waltonloads08
5:09p, 5/7/21
In reply to 4xAgs
had one installed by MosquitoNix this morning, so I'll let you know
FSGuide
5:47p, 5/7/21
In reply to Waltonloads08
What city you in?
4xAgs
5:52p, 5/7/21
In reply to FSGuide
Blessed to be back in Aggieland Sorry , just realized you were asking Walton
RMC91
6:14p, 5/7/21
I just took two to the dump today. Never a fan. Always seemed to have problems, especially with the nozzles clogging. Now this was at a weekend home that I rarely got to so may be user error.

If you have one look into buying your own juice from domyown.com. I think I have a full 6 bottles of this if anyone wants it for $200. I'm in BCS area.

https://www.domyown.com/pyranha-bug-armor-permethrin-misting-system-concentrate-p-1441.html
dr_boogs
6:32p, 5/7/21
In reply to RMC91
Pretty sure that's what we are running. Let me check and if so I'll take it. In BCS also.
GarryowenAg
6:39p, 5/7/21
I live in FW. We have one from a local company. It doesn't eliminate them, but it definitely helps know down the amount of mosquitos.

ETA: we have very few still around in the evenings when we're out.
RMC91
6:42p, 5/7/21
RMC91
6:47p, 5/7/21
One clarification, mine was for spiders on a lake. Think it was too windy to be much help but good chance my neighbor did not have any bugs. Mosquitos were rarely an issue at the lake. Remember to run it year around even when mosquitos not an issue or your nozzles clog (at least mine did).
Skillet Shot
7:10p, 5/7/21
Has anyone planted eucalyptus and seen positive results? I'd prefer a more natural solution as I have several fruit trees and veggie gardens around the house.
Spider69
7:18p, 5/8/21
Mosquito Joe. North Lake Travis area. Out of Austin, I think.

On our second year. Seems to help reduce mosquito pests by our pool.
One-Eyed Fat Man
9:40a, 5/10/21
We just signed up for Mosquito Joe in Atlanta. We've heard good things about them.

When we lived in SA, we used Cedarcide. We had an injector on our sprinkler system and would apply it through the sprinklers once a week. Worked well.
mosdefn14
11:28a, 5/10/21
In reply to One-Eyed Fat Man
Tell me more about this sprinkler injector...I assume you can put whatever you want in the tank and adjust the ratio? Is this a DIY project or something you need a pro to handle?
One-Eyed Fat Man
1:36p, 5/10/21
I used a Dosatron injector. I used it for applying water soluble fertilizer and the Cedarcide. The ratio can be adjusted for proper dosing. I installed it myself, but I was already familiar with them having used them with drip irrigation at my farm in Pearsall.

This is similar to how my injector was plumbed at my house.

Aggie Hunter
1:38p, 5/10/21
In reply to Waltonloads08
Keep me updated I been wanting one myself
Boat Shoes
7:19p, 5/21/23
Bump as Im considering a mosquito misting system in Dallas. Would love more reviews and recommendations for local installers.

Thanks
dr_boogs
8:07p, 5/21/23
In reply to Boat Shoes
We've got one. Going on 12 years. They require a fair bit of maintenance. Have replaced the internals and controller on ours several times. Also replaced the lid.

We live in BCS so can't recommend a Dallas installer. They aren't a magic bullet but they definitely help. Also help keep wasps and spiders and other bugs down around the house, especially the soffits. Ours has been a good investment. We spend a lot of time in the backyard and the system definitely keeps the mosquitos down, but only in the zone/area around the perimeter of the house. I'd buy one again if we ever build again.
Bird Poo
10:32p, 5/21/23
In reply to Boat Shoes
Boat Shoes said:

Bump as Im considering a mosquito misting system in Dallas. Would love more reviews and recommendations for local installers.

Thanks

I live in North DFW and I would consider this for a fraction of the cost. Be sure to get a big CO2 tank to bleed CO2 continuously. A #20 tank will last a month and costs $40 to have it refilled.

I've had mine on the back porch for a week and have yet to get bit. My 2 year old has been outside every day in just her diaper and hasn't been bit yet.

https://us-shop.biogents.com/products/2plus1-bundle

I've tried the mosquito service, sprays, all of it. This thing WORKS.

I pulled the trap after the first couple of days and counted 34 in the trap. Just throw the removable catcher in the freezer for an hour to kill them.
dvldog
2:23p, 5/22/23
In reply to Boat Shoes
We put one in towards the end of 2021. We got around 6 bids and ended up going with https://www.mosquitosquad.com/dallas-lake-highlands/ in the end.

Update: owner is an Aggie, but that wasn't the deciding factor (just a bonus)
Aggie09Derek
1:41p, 5/4/24
Bumping this. Debating between installing a misting system like MosquitoNix or pods like in2care. Any insight?

Have a 5500 square foot lot, how much is a mosquito misting system gonna set me back initially and per month?
RGRAg1/75
5:42p, 5/4/24
In. Looking for misting system. South college station.
cbminers
12:53p, 5/5/24
I just had one installed in The Woodlands by Texas Natural Concepts - small, family owned company. I really liked the owner, Rob, and the service model (lack of monthly "service") you get with some of the big brands. Give them a call and let them know Jason sent you if you do.

https://txnaturalconcepts.com

Should add that the mosquitos are horrible already when we are out and about in the neighborhood but haven't seen one in my backyard.
Aggie09Derek
1:23p, 5/5/24
In reply to cbminers
Thanks!
Aggie09Derek
1:33p, 5/5/24
In reply to cbminers
Did you go with their tank or tankless one?

https://txnaturalconcepts.com/mosquito-misting/
Bird Poo
1:34p, 5/5/24
In reply to Bird Poo
Bird Poo said:

Boat Shoes said:

Thanks

I live in North DFW and I would consider this for a fraction of the cost. Be sure to get a big CO2 tank to bleed CO2 continuously. A #20 tank will last a month and costs $40 to have it refilled.

I've had mine on the back porch for a week and have yet to get bit. My 2 year old has been outside every day in just her diaper and hasn't been bit yet.

https://us-shop.biogents.com/products/2plus1-bundle

I've tried the mosquito service, sprays, all of it. This thing WORKS.

I pulled the trap after the first couple of days and counted 34 in the trap. Just throw the removable catcher in the freezer for an hour to kill them.

Fired this up a week ago. Haven't been bit on my back porch yet. I got a timer/switch so that it only bleeds CO2 during dawn and dusk when they're active, so my 20 lb CO2 bottle should last all summer.

Highly recommend this German-made system.
cbminers
1:54p, 5/5/24
In reply to Aggie09Derek
Tanked. Feel free to DM me if you want to see pictures, etc.
htxag09
1:57p, 5/5/24
Fwiw, we just had our pest control company do the fogging and leave a couple trap deals.

My 3 year old wants to be outside every second of the day and mosquitos are attracted to him. In the couple months since doing the above, we haven't noticed a single mosquito. Yesterday, after being in the backyard for a bit, we played with a neighbor down the street in their front yard. In that 30 minutes, we each got bit 5+ times.

So the service we're doing with our pest control company is absolutely working. And probably cheaper than a mister system.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings