Since the OB gets stuff done, what kind of company to call to sweep a house
16,879 Views | 94 Replies
P.U.T.U
4:09p, 4/26/22
My girlfriend has gotten messages from her ex where the only way he would know about is if there is a camera or listening device inside her house. What kind of company do you call to do this since if something is found they need to go through the proper procedures for court? She is in the San Antonio area.

Her ex is not dumb but is crazy, also a kid toucher. He first wife did find a listening device he installed on her computer so this would not be something out of left field for him to do
CE Lounge Lizzard
4:14p, 4/26/22
Wow, you're not kidding about the crazy part. I'm sure others will have better suggestions, but a quick google search yielded THIS as the top hit. I just searched San Antonio listening device detection, there were other hits as well.
Howdy Dammit
4:19p, 4/26/22
In
P.U.T.U
4:22p, 4/26/22
In reply to CE Lounge Lizzard
You don't even want to hear about all that he has done and is still on the streets. Like I said he is not dumb
Bronco6G
4:22p, 4/26/22
https://www.haminvestigations.com/texas-bug-sweeps

Useful tip: Don't call from within the house, or from her phone
Milwaukees Best Light
4:31p, 4/26/22
Seems like a quick and dirty start would be to turn off the wifi and anything Bluetooth or RF and check for signals. The device has to send the data out somehow if dude has no access to the house. Might not help you locate it exactly, but will tell you if you are on the right track.
BurnetAggie99
4:33p, 4/26/22
Former US Marine 0321 here. It could be be a number of things going on here. He may have spy app on some of her electronics including cell phone and WiFi. These things are hard to detect but here are apps you can get to run scans on all electronic devices. He could have also setup individual devices in her house that captures data. These also can be hard to find but there are devices can be purchased to sweep the house.
P.U.T.U
4:35p, 4/26/22
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
That's the thing, we think he has been inside before and recently
DatTallArchitect
4:36p, 4/26/22
Paging FS Guide
BurnetAggie99
4:37p, 4/26/22
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

That's the thing, we think he has been inside before and recently
Need to change all the locks and install some home security with video going forward
AgResearch
In reply to DatTallArchitect
DatTallArchitect said:

Paging FS Guide

+1
Stringfellow Hawke
Get rid of cell phone and new number would also be on my list in addition to changing locks, garage door code, alarm code, bank accounts, credit/debit cards… basically anything he could access.
P.U.T.U
4:38p, 4/26/22
In reply to BurnetAggie99
If I found a device in the house it would difficult to prove in court that it was him. I am letting the professionals handle this one.
BurnetAggie99
4:39p, 4/26/22
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

If I found a device in the house it would difficult to prove in court that it was him. I am letting the professionals handle this one.
Roger that I'd also have a restraining order taken out on him as well.
P.U.T.U
4:44p, 4/26/22
Working on that but the police down there are slow as molasses to get anything done. The police said they were going to further investigate stalking but its been a month of silnce from them. Like I said, fun guy
BurnetAggie99
4:50p, 4/26/22
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

Working on that but the police down there are slow as molasses to get anything done. The police said they were going to further investigate stalking but its been a month of silnce from them. Like I said, fun guy
I have a couple SA cops that served in Marines with that if interested help grease the wheels
ttha_aggie_09
5:05p, 4/26/22
Post a Texags OB sticker on her front door.

Seriously though this is extremely creepy and I would be livid. Good luck with this psycho!
5:11p, 4/26/22
Here's a thought... Nobody's gonna miss a pedo.

Let his ass break in.

Defend home accordingly.

Problem solved, world improved.
Mas89
5:16p, 4/26/22
In reply to P.U.T.U
Sounds like she needs a fresh start. Move her into your place. New computer and cell phone.
Does she have a brother or dad? Wouldn't put up with the crazy ex for long if my family was involved.
CE Lounge Lizzard
5:22p, 4/26/22
My understanding is that most problems can be solved with the proper application of Tannerite. Just a statement, not a suggestion.
Stat Monitor Repairman
5:27p, 4/26/22
There are contractors out there that do sweeps of boardrooms before meetings and specialize in this kind of deal.

You want a third party investigator to find it if something is there and be in a position to give an affidavit.
P.U.T.U
5:39p, 4/26/22
BurnetAggie99 said:

P.U.T.U said:

I have a couple SA cops that served in Marines with that if interested help grease the wheels
Messenged you, she needs all the help she can get
ATX_AG_08
6:13p, 4/26/22
I'm surprised this has not been mentioned yet. Dude sounds like a psychopath. If you haven't already, get a gun, and keep it on you.
P.U.T.U
8:10p, 4/26/22
In reply to ATX_AG_08
I always carry and she is starting too.
P.U.T.U
8:48p, 4/26/22
In reply to Stringfellow Hawke
Stringfellow Hawke said:

Get rid of cell phone and new number would also be on my list in addition to changing locks, garage door code, alarm code, bank accounts, credit/debit cards… basically anything he could access.
She has done most of this but she lives in a rental so limited resources as far as what we can change.

JB
9:02p, 4/26/22
I feel like this exact thread has been on TA within the last few years.
FSGuide
9:04p, 4/26/22
I can recommend a few different agencies that have the proper equipment and training. One guy is former CIA and is probably one of the top 3 in the US. He will fly anywhere in the US and get the job done right but his price is $$$$.

I know some others in Texas that are newer to the business but still have a decent reputation. They are more affordable.

OP email me TheTexaspi@gmail.com

-------------------------------------------------------
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
javajaws
9:16p, 4/26/22
I'd wipe the computer first - reinstall the os. I'd also change the Wi-Fi password. If he left anything behind that is trying to connect to the internet or Bluetooth that should be a good first step.
RED AG 98
9:25p, 4/26/22
In reply to javajaws
javajaws said:

I'd wipe the computer first - reinstall the os. I'd also change the Wi-Fi password. If he left anything behind that is trying to connect to the internet or Bluetooth that should be a good first step.
Yep. I'd go one further on the router side though and factory reset it as well and update to the latest firmware. Then create a very strong admin password (not wifi, the management side), a strong WPA2 wifi password, and enable MAC address authentication so you can be certain only the devices you explicitly approve can join the network. And if the router supports WPS I would see if it can be disabled. WPS is the pushbutton on some routers that let you connect without a password if you can physically press the button...

If the current router doesn't allow all that, I'd no doubt just buy another.
FSGuide
6:33a, 4/27/22
In reply to RED AG 98
Let's not forget that there are devices that create their own wifi signal and you can log into them to view / download audio and/or video with a phone or tablet. They can be self contained with a limited life battery or connected to the buildings electrical system.

If he has had access to the home and if he is smart enough as the OP suggests, then this is a possibility.

OP email me and I can refer you to an agency that does TCIM sweeps. There are a ton out there that advertise they do it but they wing it with some Cracker Jack device from Amazon.

thetexaspi@gmail.com

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
P.U.T.U
6:58a, 4/27/22
On another note how do you stop or trace fake numbers? Him and his roomate will create fake numbers and text from those at night. They have sent stuff to anyone that knows her

And yes he has a roomate who is a convicted domestic abuser
txags92
7:41a, 4/27/22
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

On another note how do you stop or trace fake numbers? Him and his roomate will create fake numbers and text from those at night. They have sent stuff to anyone that knows her

Sounds like the kind of guy that just needs to disappear.
FSGuide
8:29a, 4/27/22
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

You really can't. The only way to trace them would be if you knew the name of the app they are using and you had a court order issued to the app developer for user record. And even then your odds are low that they would even respond to the court order because they're likely not even in the US.
The odds of getting that court order are also low. You'd likely have to have a protective order already in place and some glaring evidence that the subject of the RO was the sender.
cupofjoe04
8:31a, 4/27/22
In reply to JB
JB said:

I feel like this exact thread has been on TA within the last few years.
I thought exactly this when I first read the thread. It feels like about 6 months ago or so we had this exact same type of thing pop up.
P.U.T.U
8:52a, 4/27/22
In reply to cupofjoe04
That's sad there are more than one of these people out there. No one needs to go through this
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings