Who do you want to be when you grow up?

Me: "JapanTiger"
aggiesundevil4
8:13p, 8/31/22
In reply to japantiger
Freakin' awesome
giddings_ag_06
8:19p, 8/31/22
Can I put my trophy on your wall?! Here's an artist copy of the projected look…

AgEng06
8:21p, 8/31/22
In reply to japantiger
giddings_ag_06
8:25p, 8/31/22
This could be you, me and John Wayne… just shoot me an address and we'll be there.
ttha_aggie_09
8:26p, 8/31/22
japantiger
8:31p, 8/31/22
In reply to CowtownAg06
We're in Bee Cave; SW of the people's republic of Austin.
japantiger
8:40p, 8/31/22
My (not) viscous attack dog team....Rowdy and Dixie.

Headed to Zambia
japantiger
8:40p, 8/31/22
In reply to giddings_ag_06
Where's John Wayne?
giddings_ag_06
8:46p, 8/31/22
In reply to japantiger
japantiger said:

Where's John Wayne?

Ask and ye shall receive!! Right there!!

Dang it… forgot his ears… chupacabra JW

Sea Speed
9:01p, 8/31/22
Giddings is so thirsty
giddings_ag_06
9:02p, 8/31/22
In reply to Sea Speed
Based on the last 11.2 pages, I can drop some friends that haven't been pulling their weight.
AnScAggie
9:14p, 8/31/22
Sitting around a campfire with Giddings and Japantiger would be an epic time. One would talk about all the trophies that got away and the other would talk about all the exceptional trophies he let walk just to get a bigger one. I'll provide the Miller Lite and fine wine and spirits to make this happen.
giddings_ag_06
9:19p, 8/31/22
In reply to AnScAggie
AnScAggie said:

Sitting around a campfire with Giddings and Japantiger would be an epic time. One would talk about all the trophies that got away and the other would talk about all the exceptional trophies he let walk just to get a bigger one. I'll provide the Miller Lite and fine wine and spirits to make this happen.

I have a creative mind, but trying to one up him would make me waaay too close to a Barnes, and I do have more dignity than that.

But if you're buying beer, I'm all for a good campfire story.

On a serious note, that Kudu is the greatest animal I've ever seen. I can't wait to see it mounted on the wall in a few years.
lurker76
9:24p, 8/31/22
In reply to giddings_ag_06
Hopefully this is a thread that lives for years as Japantiger gets his trophies in and puts them up. One day we'll be notified there was an update and voila, a new mount appears to make our day.
carl spacklers hat
9:32p, 8/31/22
In reply to lurker76
Username checks out
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
krosch11
12:15a, 9/1/22
In reply to AnScAggie
That's a podcast I would listen to
japantiger
5:21a, 9/1/22
In Nyakolwe camp...means "land of the monkeys". Fronts the Luangua River for ~25 miles and is over 125k acres (1200 sq km...someone can verify that math on acres to sq km).

Had a elephant cow cross our path with 2 calves. We slowed to give her space. She came back closer to trail and mock charged us (ears flapping, kicking up dirt and trumpeting). I have some video but can't figure out how to post video on here. After she appeared to move off, we heard her trumpeting again as we drove away and then heard thundering footsteps and trumpeting from behind. She chased us for about 100 yds and then turned into the forest to her calves.

Classic Africa view...elephant bull crossing the river.

W TX Refugee
6:44a, 9/1/22
Like everyone else, love this thread. That last pic with the elephant in the river is incredible. Really speaks to you.
DDSO
7:12a, 9/1/22
japantiger
7:17a, 9/1/22
More trophy room...bar on left ...bathroom on right

JCA1
7:19a, 9/1/22
You know you've made it when your house has a urinal. That's next level.
Sea Speed
7:22a, 9/1/22
In reply to JCA1
You know how you know you've made it? When that is not your house, but your trophy room.
aggiesundevil4
7:22a, 9/1/22
In reply to JCA1
You also know you've made it when you shoot an amazing kudu despite already having an amazing kudu! And Cape buffalo…
DaveAg02
7:24a, 9/1/22
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

You know you've made it when your house has a urinal. That's next level.

Or when you look at your cape buffalo mount and think "that one looks so tiny next to the other one"
TexDill15
7:29a, 9/1/22
So these are the opportunities my parents said I could have if I just tried harder at all levels of school.

I want to go on a 50 day Safari.
JCA1
7:54a, 9/1/22
In reply to Sea Speed
Sea Speed said:

You know how you know you've made it? When that is not your house, but your trophy room.

That too.
ttha_aggie_09
8:16a, 9/1/22
In reply to TexDill15
TexDill15 said:

So these are the opportunities my parents said I could have if I just tried harder at all levels of school.

The older I get the more I realize my parents were right… about basically everything.
Sea Speed
8:19a, 9/1/22
In reply to ttha_aggie_09
ttha_aggie_09 said:

TexDill15 said:

The older I get the more I realize my parents were right… about basically everything.

I absolutely hate it when I use the things my mom said to me that I hated on my kids. I cringe so hard every time.
Apache
8:42a, 9/1/22
That pool table is awesome!!
Agrams, go ahead and get that going for me!
Milwaukees Best Light
8:53a, 9/1/22
Where is the croc going to go?
Ag92NGranbury
9:08a, 9/1/22
What did Ms Tiger get to do for 50 days as a tradeoff?

awesome trophy room!
vaqueroag
9:10a, 9/1/22
Immediately what came to mind was "holy **** I would love to watch some Aggie football at this place."
jmm
9:10a, 9/1/22
In reply to japantiger
japantiger said:

We're in Bee Cave; SW of the people's republic of Austin.

Just east of you in Barton creek. Send a note when you get back and we will have a braai My neighbor owns a large farm adjoining Kruger and is on the African National Parks board. There are several Africa hunters in the hood. We will get a good fire going and pass the Amarula.
JCA1
9:11a, 9/1/22
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Where is the croc going to go?
I assume the croc with his mouth open will be the next urinal.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 12 of 38
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings