Name that insect (bite)
6,222 Views | 53 Replies
Duck Blind
7:02a, 4/16/24
In reply to MaxPower
MaxPower said:

Not getting any wider. Clear delineation between normal skin and red skin. Blister in the middle is mostly gone.

Why don't you just go to the Dr already and put us out of our misery
Deerdude
7:04a, 4/16/24
I'm more in line to vote to pop it and see what happens.
AgsMyDude
9:00a, 4/16/24
Just cut the finger off at this point
txrancher69
10:30a, 4/16/24
Fun to see Darwinism in action.................
So three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.................You can't convince me that's a coincidence.
fightingfarmer09
6:49p, 4/16/24
Is he dead yet?
clarythedrill
7:08p, 4/16/24
I had something like that on my calf last year, but it was about twice the size. Just came up one day after working outside. I tried to pop it several times but nothing came out and it hurt like hell. I kept messing with it for a couple of weeks and it still stayed on my calf. One day one of my Boston Terriers started liking it and a hole opened up about 1/3 of an inch deep. After that, cleaned up and healed up nicely. I still have a brown scare the size of a quarter there, but it's gone.

Dogs are awesome.
MaxPower
7:19p, 4/16/24
Doesn't look much different today. I'm assuming it will scab up and a decent chunk of skin is dead. Will post pic updates as it changes
etexDVM
8:54p, 4/16/24
I'd pop that thing with a sterile needle, boil it out with peroxide and put some neosporin on it.
If you were a dog.
TRD-Ferguson
9:51p, 4/16/24
Back in the 70's seems like half our Jr high and high school football teams had multiple "boils" during the season. Things hurt and were nasty.

Anyway I had one near the tip of my finger. Finally went to the doctor. My 1st joint looked dead. Ended up losing the very tip top of my finger.

Go see the doctor!
WaldoWings
10:00p, 4/16/24
In reply to TRD-Ferguson
TRD-Ferguson said:

Back in the 70's seems like half our Jr high and high school football teams had multiple "boils" during the season. Things hurt and were nasty.

Anyway I had one near the tip of my finger. Finally went to the doctor. My 1st joint looked dead. Ended up losing the very tip top of my finger.

Go see the doctor!

Dang! Doesn't sound like you were on a jr high fb team. Sounds like you were in a civil war war battalion, losing parts of appendages and all!
TH36
10:20p, 4/16/24
Almost forgot about this thread but just checking to see if you're still alive?

Also…..do you have any guns your wife might want to get rid of if your finger plague winds up getting the best of you?
TAMUallen
11:07p, 4/16/24
In reply to TH36
Or generators? Tools?
C@LAg
12:07a, 4/17/24
In reply to TAMUallen
TAMUallen said:

Or generators? Tools?
also post pics of the wife.

someone may want to pick her up too.
Deerdude
6:42a, 4/17/24
It still amazes me the show of brotherhood on this board and unselfish offers of help. Bravo
Shoefly!
6:58a, 4/17/24
In reply to clarythedrill
clarythedrill said:

I had something like that on my calf last year, but it was about twice the size. Just came up one day after working outside. I tried to pop it several times but nothing came out and it hurt like hell. I kept messing with it for a couple of weeks and it still stayed on my calf. One day one of my Boston Terriers started liking it and a hole opened up about 1/3 of an inch deep. After that, cleaned up and healed up nicely. I still have a brown scare the size of a quarter there, but it's gone.

Dogs are awesome.

Did your Terrier croak?
Shoefly!
7:00a, 4/17/24
In reply to TAMUallen
TAMUallen said:

Or generators? Tools?

I hope she inherited some 38's!
clarythedrill
2:04p, 4/17/24
In reply to Shoefly!
Shoefly! said:

clarythedrill said:

Dogs are awesome.

Did your Terrier croak?
LOL, no, she is alive and kicking. It has been well documented the healing powers of a dogs saliva.
GeorgiAg
2:06p, 4/17/24
You have season tix? Are they good? Can I take over your seat location?
Gunny456
2:40p, 4/17/24
In reply to Shoefly!
Maybe a couple of 38's?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >