Because speeding tickets are outdoors-Protesting in court?
6,711 Views | 88 Replies
AlaskanAg99
11:49a, 4/19/24
All of yall need dash cams. Front and rear.

This would clear up so many issues.

But if doing 25+ through a residential zone is asking to get busted.
coolerguy12
11:52a, 4/19/24
In reply to GinMan
GinMan said:

I've decided to seek further assistance in my court case. I have compiled a "Dream Team" of armchair Zoo professionals.
They will be representing me until further notice.
I am no longer allowed to respond to any questions or comments on the OB and anywhere else on TexAgs.

Please refer to my legal counsel with any further questions.
My representation will be the legal firm offices of
"Pro Sandy, Hammerhead, jwoodmd, and coolerguy12"

My retainer is $1,000,000. As soon as the funds are wired I'll begin working on your defense
The Wonderer
11:57a, 4/19/24
justnobody79
12:11p, 4/19/24
In reply to dodger02
dodger02 said:

justnobody79 said:

tk111 said:

coolerguy12 said:

Look up prima facie speed limits in Texas. Long story short, the posted speed limits are only for commercial vehicles. For the rest of us the speed limit is whatever is safe and reasonable. The state has decided that the posted speed limit is safe and reasonable but the burden of proof is on them to prove your speed was unsafe or unreasonable.

I'm no expert, but this reads like sovereign citizen gobbledeegoop
if you were on I-10 in the middle of nowhere in West Texas, no traffic, clear weather, going 20 over the posted speed limit in a new corvette, the argument is you are going a safe and reasonable speed given the conditions.

to the OP you need to post the finer details of what your ticket states beyond the clerical error
I'm with tk111.

Could this be expanded to things like stop signs? As I pull up to a 4-way stop and see no one around for as far as the eye can see, are you telling me that I can just keep on driving without so much as lifting off the accelerator? Are stop signs just a suggestion, too?
no, speed statutes are different than stop sign statutes
Doc Hayworth
12:12p, 4/19/24
In reply to ItsA&InotA&M
Signing a ticket is not an admission of guilt. I admitted I signed the ticket but argued that the ticket was written out to someone who did not exist, and the judge agreed. No lying involved.
ItsA&InotA&M
12:21p, 4/19/24
In reply to Doc Hayworth
Doc Hayworth said:

Signing a ticket is not an admission of guilt. I admitted I signed the ticket but argued that the ticket was written out to someone who did not exist, and the judge agreed. No lying involved.

When you signed the ticket, did you know about the error or did you know that the ticket was for you?
mpl35
12:51p, 4/19/24
Funny how that lying bit is suddenly ok with so many.
Doc Hayworth
6:26p, 4/19/24
In reply to ItsA&InotA&M
My atty found the error and brought it to the judges attention.
Cop stated signing the ticket was not an admission of guilt, just that I would appear before the judge, which I did.

I paid the atty $150 to avoid a $250 fine and ended up with clean record.
HarleySpoon
8:24a, 4/20/24
In reply to GinMan
GinMan said:

Pro Sandy said:

Have you tried going the speed limit?

Seems like a lame reason to fight it, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I wasn't speeding. This is exactly why we have a court system in this free country. I'm surprised you assume I'm guilty. That is not how it works in America. Are you a displaced communist sympathizer from a foreign land? Welcome to America my friend enjoy your time in our great country.
Happened to me about 19 years ago. I requested a jury trial in the JP court. Had the trial about four months later and I represented myself. Criminal trial so six person jury must unanimously find you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I was innocent and could easily convince the jury of my innocence. Jury found me not guilty after deliberating for about four minutes. JP, county prosecutor, and their DPS trooper buddy expressed their displeasure at having a jury trial before, during and after the trial. It was a genuinely enjoyable experience.
Belton Ag
8:40a, 4/20/24
I wonder what happens when OP berates the traffic judge for not accepting the technicality defense.
GinMan
12:23p, 4/20/24
In reply to Belton Ag
Belton Ag said:

I wonder what happens when OP berates the traffic judge for not accepting the technicality defense.

I would expect the court to hold their public servants at a higher standard…as well as the court.
One of these days the officer will make a clerical error and an actual criminal might get released.
IMHO the officer needs to be taught a lesson.
Also, I wasn't speeding.
AlaskanAg99
12:33p, 4/20/24
In reply to GinMan
Doesn't matter if you weren't. What do you have as evidence?

20 years ago I had a black Tacoma. On the freeway just minding my own business when a black tundra came flying around me. A motorcycle cop saw a black pick speeding and we went around a bend and he lost sight.

I was pulled over and given a ticket because jackass cop wouldn't turn his head to see the reckless Tundra flying around. Went to court and lost. Because I had zero evidence other than the truth.

Best of luck.
Tecolote
1:05p, 4/20/24
In reply to GinMan
GinMan said:

Belton Ag said:

I would expect the court to hold their public servants at a higher standard…as well as the court.
One of these days the officer will make a clerical error and an actual criminal might get released.
Also, I wasn't speeding.

I would expect someone who is an Aggie to have higher standards than this attitude.
mpl35
1:18p, 4/20/24
In reply to Tecolote
Tecolote said:

GinMan said:

Belton Ag said:

Also, I wasn't speeding.

I would expect someone who is an Aggie to have higher standards than this attitude.
he was speeding. Another pos technicality trying to get off. It's very obvious from this thread.
cslifer
1:22p, 4/20/24
Now the officer needs to be "taught a lesson" for….accidentally adding an extra digit to a DL number?
Good Lord man, just stop.
Old RV Ag
1:37p, 4/20/24
In reply to cslifer
cslifer said:

Now the officer needs to be "taught a lesson" for….accidentally adding an extra digit to a DL number?
Good Lord man, just stop.
Sure hope the judge teaches this snot nose a lesson.
Martin Cash
1:42p, 4/20/24
In reply to GinMan
GinMan said:

Belton Ag said:

Also, I wasn't speeding.

Stop posting until you sober up.
GinMan
8:31a, 4/22/24
In reply to TAMUallen
TAMUallen said:

Get a traffic ticket attorney and pay less than the ticket if you want to be content

That is exactly what I've decided to do with my citation.
Don't know much about the attorney's office.
Coquat Law Firm in SA.

Coolerguy12's retainer was too pricey….
agz win
12:57p, 4/22/24
When I was younger, I never had a court setting that was worth the amount of time lost compared to just taking online defensive driving. I recommend, Home - A Sense Of Humor Defensive Driving (asenseofhumordriving.com) - you pass the end test without having to watch any videos.

I also recommend investing in a Valentine One radar detector with the four directional arrows and never worry about speed traps again.

Good luck.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off