Creepy wolf activity tonight with the full moon
2,937 Views | 17 Replies
mhnatt
1:16a, 4/24/24
I normally don't get too excited over a wolf here or there on camera but tonight one was coming in our front gate with the full moon behind. FYI - in the Absarokas, a few miles outside the Yellowstone east gate.

EMY92
4:45a, 4/24/24
Cute Yorkie
AJ02
9:08a, 4/24/24
That's awesome! I just get a kick out of seeing whitetail around here. Can't imagine seeing a freaking wolf.
mhnatt
9:17a, 4/24/24
Nonresident wolf (and black bear) tags are easy to get as long as the quota hasn't been filled. Just drop by Walmart on your way out and make sure you have a local with you when you pull the trigger.
DG96
9:30a, 4/24/24
In reply to mhnatt
mhnatt said:

Nonresident wolf (and black bear) tags are easy to get as long as the quota hasn't been filled. Just drop by Walmart on your way out and make sure you have a local with you when you pull the trigger.

Local because of wilderness area?
Killin Me Smalls
10:48a, 4/24/24
My 5 year old daughter started sleep walking last night. Pacing around her room, peeing on the floor, incoherent. I blamed the full moon.
SanAntoneAg
11:40a, 4/24/24
In reply to mhnatt
mhnatt said:

Will you be our local?
Gig 'em! '90
mhnatt
12:16p, 4/24/24
In reply to SanAntoneAg
I wish I could, but we still keep Texas as residence.
Jugstore Cowboy
3:26p, 4/24/24
In reply to Killin Me Smalls
Killin Me Smalls said:

My 5 year old daughter started sleep walking last night. Pacing around her room, peeing on the floor, incoherent. I blamed the full moon.

She hears the call of the wild.
McInnis
6:58p, 4/24/24
Wolf tags are easy enough to buy, but filling them is a little trickier. You have to call Game and Fish every day to make sure the quota hasn't been exceeded, which is kind of a hassle unless you have a satellite phone. Wolves don't tend to live where there's good cell coverage.
Birdbear
7:00p, 4/24/24
In reply to mhnatt
I crossed paths with a bear hunter out there by Hunter Peak one time, and he told me about how he took his dog out to pee in the front yard and a pack of wolves showed up and killed his dog right in front of him. Hopefully that wasn't you…
JSKolache
9:16p, 4/24/24
Look at the size of that animal
fullback44
3:43p, 4/25/24
243 will take care of that
NoahAg
4:04p, 4/25/24
In reply to EMY92
EMY92 said:

Cute Yorkie
Dude, come on.
Obviously a black lab.
HalifaxAg
11:29p, 4/25/24
Skinwalker, obviously
DTP02
10:50a, 4/26/24
In reply to Killin Me Smalls
Killin Me Smalls said:

I don't want to alarm you, but you may want to hit CVS for one of those at-home Lycanthropy tests.
mhnatt
2:07p, 4/26/24
And a grizzly this morning.

cupofjoe04
2:14p, 4/26/24
Geez, that's a friggin healthy bear…
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1