Outdoors
Sponsored by

Utv tires

1,088 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by docb
Deats99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok so I am about to buy my first new set at a little over 1200 miles, yay. Looking for suggestions on best method. For a price survey I called the dealership and they weighed in at about $275 a piece for 10x30r12s for maxxis AT tires. A quick search found those online for $185. What is the best method?
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
ComeAndTakeIt
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ I have ordered from these folks before on a reference from TexAgs. I was happy with the purchase. Any tire shop should be able to install.
Gunny456
AG
I decided on the tires I wanted. Ordered them online at the best deal I could find. Put my Can Am on wheel stands and took the wheels with the old tires and the new tires to a tire shop and had them mounted.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Discount Tire should still do these too. I worked on several ATVs and UtVs in the shop replacing all 4 tires.

Another option is Facebook marketplace. I picked up a set of tires and wheels that were new for like $400
agdoc2001
AG
I got Sedona Rock-a-billy's from DennisKirk for $151 a piece. Easy to mount yourself if you have beadlocks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
schmellba99
AG
Look on facebook marketplace, there are always folks selling tires. I bought my last set off of there for $200.
JuneBug07
AG
Rock a Billy tires are great. I have some currently and have zero complaints. Never any flats in rocky or thorny country. Excellent traction on rocks go figure.
Does just fine in mud as well unless you are just being an idiot and driving into mud holes you know you shouldn't.
0708aggie
AG
Agree with this. I used them for wheels and tires shipped direct to my house ready to go. Went with ITP coyotes with MSA clutch rims.
Mas89
AG
Check with your atv dealership. The last time I was in Conroe, purchased 4 new takeoffs for our Honda 420 rancher. Brand new mounted tires and they were pretty cheap. Can't remember the price though. They had many stacks of 4 for sale in the parts department at that time. For different size atvs/ utvs.
The originals were plenty worn and had multiple plugs in each tire when I finally put on the new set earlier this year.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
I have Kanati Mongrels on my Kubota. They have held up great in the rocks around West Texas.
cryption
I buy all my UTV and mower tires on eBay. I have had just as good an experience with the MassFX brand tires I have right now as the Carlisle that came on it.
Wodanaz
AG
Got my Tusk TerraBite radials on Rocky Mountain ATV & had discount tire mount them for me.

Told the guy at the counter the old tires were slimed & he said he'd put the new kid on them & not tell him. That stuff STINKS after a few years and that kid was none too happy after that mess spilled out all over him & the machine.
Deats99
AG
Called around, found a set(4) of new factory wheels with 10x30 12 Maxis carnivores on them for $500
Helluva deal
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
CTGilley
AG
I bought a set of 4 today for $150 on FB market. They are dirty but look good.
SanAntoneAg
AG
I posted up what size I was looking for on TBH classifieds and scored a brand new set of takeoffs for pennies on the dollar.
Gig 'em! '90
SanAntoneAg
AG
Wodanaz said:

Got my Tusk TerraBite radials on Rocky Mountain ATV & had discount tire mount them for me.

Told the guy at the counter the old tires were slimed & he said he'd put the new kid on them & not tell him. That stuff STINKS after a few years and that kid was none too happy after that mess spilled out all over him & the machine.

The boys at the tire shop in George West fill them up with some pink gumbo that has the consistency of bubble gum.

So far so good.
Gig 'em! '90
docb
AG
Ordered these online from Walmart. Way better tires than I was using before. They have lasted a long time and I'm using them in a very rocky area. I was burning through the previous ones I was buying at the Kubota dealer. And yes I would fill them with tire slime.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.