Outdoors
Sponsored by

chicken Health

859 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Jason_InfinityRoofer
tmaggie50
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought 3 chickens about 2 months ago. I think one of them have had issues with their crop twice now. This second time I think is going to kill her. She is very lethargic. Can't keep her eyes open. Doesn't move much and her head nods off repeatedly. Does anyone have a good potential cure for it?
tmaggies
AG
Fried chicken copycat
MIAGD
AG
Mareks disease happened to our second round a few years ago. It was sad to see and nothing we could do about it. It exists in the soil and they gradually get it.
rather be fishing
AG
We've had a couple that died from what I'm pretty sure was Marek's.

One of our Wyandottes from last year got a swollen crop and we've tried a bunch of stuff to get it to go down but it hasn't, and she seems fine. Wife calls her Dolly, I call her Lumpy.
Hehateme1
I know Ideal will immunize for Mareks but if IIRC vaccine is only 95% effective
tmaggie50
AG
Found her dead this morning in the coop.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
tmaggie50 said:

Found her dead this morning in the coop.
We have historically force fed syringes of olive oil and yogurt to help clear impacted crops.

It almost never works. I don't think there was much you were going to be able to do to save her outside of a vet visit, which, let's be honest, probably isn't work the visit. Sorry for your chicken and family. That sucks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.