Outdoors
Sponsored by

LifePO4 Battery and solar panel for camping

1,199 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Streetfighter 02
JAW3336
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any experience with one of these set ups? Like the ecoflow?

Needing something to run fans, cpap, and charge phones at night.

ecoflow
neil99
AG
I don't have experience with ecoflow. but I do have a couple Talentcell PB120B1 bricks that I've used while camping. The advantage of the Talentcell bricks are that they are small enough to fly on a plane, but have enough juice to charge phones and run your CPAP for a couple days each.
George08
AG
I use one but the jackery brand. Works great.
AgRyan04
We've got a Bluetti that I really like....it'll run a heated blanket for about 7 hours
JAW3336
AG
Great, do you know how many wh it is rated?
AgRyan04
It's 500 Wh....model AC50S

Looks like it's on sale at Walmart for a great price right now

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLUETTI-AC50S-500Wh-300W-Portable-Power-Station-for-Outdoor-Camping/5422162782
HumpitPuryear
AG
I have two LiTime 100AH trolling motor batteries in my camper. Very highly rated. Sometimes they put some in their scratch and dent page with a good discount. That's how I bought mine
JAW3336
AG
Thanks, I put a notify me in for the battery I want.
kyledr04
AG
I built a Bluetooth stereo in a box and used this Nermak brand from Amazon. I have a 20ah. So far it's been good.

https://a.co/d/h45WmRw
killbutchereat
I've got a Goalzero yeti and a fold up solar panel that works for exactly this purpose. Check them out too. https://goalzero.com/collections/portable-power-stations

For your CPAP, see if you can get a cigarette lighter power adapter. Then you're not wasting power converting from DC->AC->DC and just got straight DC from battery to cpap.

Mine is old and I need to replace the battery but it's easy to do. Check on maintenance ability before buying anything because the batteries will eventually die.
MouthBQ98
AG
I just installed a 100ah LiFePO4 type in my boat for tolling and house power, and based on what I have read, it should last all day and then some. Light and maintains voltage throughout discharge, right up until it exhausts. I'd think they are ideal for camping applications for a homemade setup.

That portable power station would definitely run a typical tent type campsite for several days. Maybe even a popup for 12v. That's a ton of Amp hours.
P.U.T.U
AG
It is fine for using down here but won't work if its colder than 32F
Naveronski
AG
Ecoflow, Goal Zero, Bluetti, Anker are all good brands.
Jackery is fine too and usually a more "value brand".

Consumer level solar panels are all going to be perform similarly, and many of the above brands have their own panels. In addition, I've had good luck with my Renogy panels.

I run solar setups for my truck and camping trailer to run fridges, lights, diesel heater, etc.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I slapped together a Renogy flexible 100 W panel, EcoFlow River 2 Pro and a Costco sourced Igloo ICF DZ80. If I had the time I would've installed the panel more permanently to my camper top, however, the panel and battery kept the fridge running during my overnight backpacking and when I got back to the truck the battery was almost fully charged back. Both the battery and fridge came from Costco so I'm calling the setup CostcOverlanding. The panel was from Amazon. I also had to order an adapter and extra cables to get the panel to reach the battery location. With the windows shut and the compressor + battery fans running it does get warm in the cab of my pickup. Eventually I'll have these installed in some fashion in the bed of my truck or in my land cruiser.

Battery
Fridge
Panel
Extensions
Solar Adapter
Usoos
AG
Interesting thread.....keeping an eye on this one.
JAW3336
AG
great info, thanks for sharing.
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
Streetfighter 02
AG
I was also recharging while driving back roads in big bend with the DC adapter. DC recharging of the EcoFlow is very slow. Something to consider if it's cloudy or you're driving around trying to fill the battery back up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.