Diving in Aruba & Curacao?
860 Views | 8 Replies
RedAgs80
11:08p, 4/26/24
Going on a cruise this summer with stops in Aruba & Curacao. Looking for a dive shop recommendations in both ports.

Experienced divers. 6am port call with 9pm departure in Aruba, so if we can do a morning and afternoon dive that would be great.

TIA
Ogre09
6:54a, 4/27/24
Try the travel board too
OnlyForNow
6:57a, 4/27/24
Dubi/mr.dubi is who you're looking for.
Hoyt Ag
9:38a, 4/27/24
I have used these guys in Aruba and would reccomwnd

Pure Diving Aruba
JADS

I always do DIY in Curacao.
dubi
12:24p, 4/27/24
We used the dive op at our resort in Curaao : Sunscape Curacao Resort.

We have not visited Aruba, but have been diving in Bonaire multiple times since that is the one ABC island nonstop from IAH.
metrag06
1:07p, 4/27/24
I've used Red Sail Sports in Aruba - I was a brand new diver but had a great experience with them, to include them allowing me to rebook a dive after I had zero clue how much extra weight it was going to take for me to sink in salt water vs. fresh.

That's ~20 years ago but we have used them for non-dive activities many times since then and all have been well managed.
RedAgs80
2:55p, 4/27/24
In reply to Hoyt Ag
Hoyt Ag said:

I have used these guys in Aruba and would reccomwnd

Pure Diving Aruba
JADS

I always do DIY in Curacao.

Thanks for the info. I reached out to Pure Diving. They look like the one closest to the cruise terminal.
oklaunion
6:08p, 4/27/24
Double check your bags for stray ammo.
Mr. Dubi
9:23p, 4/27/24
We dove with https://www.oceanencounters.com/ . We were staying at a resort. It was good diving all the way up to the last dive. The boat captain lost track of our group and we got swept in a current that pulled us away from shore. It took about 45 minutes for the boat to find us!

Hopefully that captain is not with them anymore.

For a situation like this, I think I would only book with the cruise company, so ship doesn't get you back on time.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings