Houston Machine Shop Recs
670 Views | 6 Replies
Harman Rabb Jr.
10:13a, 5/3/24
I'm looking for a Mom and Pop type machine shop in Houston with a drill press that could drill about 8 holes for me through 1/4 inch steel. Anyone have any recommendations?
schmellba99
10:27a, 5/3/24
What area specifically?

I've used Green Machine in South Houston off of College for both personal and work related things. Solid shop, owner is a good dude that I enjoyed talking with and working with on the projects. Rough around the edges, especially for a Rice grad, but solid guy.

On the east side, you can throw a rock and hit 15 machine shop, most of which are smaller outfits like you are looking for. Not all that familiar with anything on the west side. But if it's just drilling a few holes, pick any one you have close and they will be able to handle it without any issue.

Bring cash too, most operate either on cash or the PO system.
schmellba99
10:28a, 5/3/24
Also....if it's just .250 mild steel, go to Home Depot and get a drill bit and some WD-40. You can do that yourself in probably less time than it will take to drive to the machine shop.
Nagler
11:00a, 5/3/24
Precision Instruments
409 Midland Dr.
Houston, TX 77037

Off of 45 just south of the beltway.
Ducks4brkfast
3:12p, 5/3/24
where are you? i'm in fulshear and can do it.
BlitzGD
4:13p, 5/3/24
Rent a Magdrill and do it yourself.
Quarterback can't throw the ball lying on his back.
fullback44
12:02a, 5/4/24
In reply to BlitzGD
BlitzGD said:

Rent a Magdrill and do it yourself.
This … my.buddy has 3/4 big Mag drills in his shop… those suckers will drill through anything … he inherited his father in laws machine shop equipment …
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings