help planning Beavers Bend trip !
539 Views | 2 Replies
nealan
10:57p, 5/3/24
Hey guys, I'm trying to plan a trip to Broken Bow/Beavers Bend for late June. Planning on renting a cabin around Hochatown for the girls to shop and play. I'm taking kayaks for me and my 14yo son to fish. I've never fished up there before. Would we have better luck launching and fishing from the park on the west side of the lake ? Or the launching and fishing the park on the river south of the lake? Not really targeting trout , just want to put my son on some fish. TIA !!
AceAggie05
7:16a, 5/4/24
I've never really fished the lake, but the park has kayak trips that are pretty cheap (something like $12 if I remember correctly). They take you up to the next bridge and drop you off, and you float back down to the parking lot. Could take an hour, could take 4 hours, just depends on how you want to move. I've had good luck with rooster tails with both trout and bass. Had one of the biggest bass I've ever seen come out of a trench in shallow water after my rooster tail. Unfortunately, it was right by the boat, which made for a difficult set.

ETA. There are also better kayak trips south out of Broken Bow. I didn't spend much time fishing, but the floating was definitely more fun. There's one stretch where you have to make the decision of walking your kayak down, or risking losing fishing gear if you flip. I risked it and didn't flip.
nealan
6:28p, 5/4/24
Good info. Anyone else have any tips ?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE