Hey yall I've been away for a while
1,683 Views | 7 Replies
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
6:59p, 5/5/24
I was served for a divorce last year at the end of April before my birthday and it got finalized mid April.

The good news is we get along pretty good and it's almost like we are still married…. At least in the sense because we don't bang and we really only talk about the kids.

So thank y'all for the advice last year and I can't promise I'll be around a lot, it's kinda took a lot of wind from my sails. And I kinda just got use to not being online alot

I'll probably just pile around and ask the hive any questions I got, but y'all have a great week.
BenderRodriguez
7:14p, 5/5/24
Glad you made it through okay.

Horrible thing to have to go through but I hope your next chapter is a good one.
O.G.
6:21a, 5/6/24
Been throught it too, it sucks.

Work on yourself. Odds are that you could use some sort of change up/challenge in your life.

Therapy is your friend. A good group of solid, preferably Christian, men are also your friend.

Working out helps immensely

Whatever you do, don't jump right back into another long term relationship/marriage. Date for sure, but learn to love being alone.
2ndChanceAg96
9:28a, 5/6/24
Good luck to you. Don't believe anything your ex wife says and always make sure you take care of them kids, even if it is at your ex wife's expense. I did everything mine ex asked. Shared custody and paid child support. My daughter asked multiple times over eight years if she could leave her mom and come live with me but I said no b/c she needed her in her life. Well, my last year of child support and the ex has decided to do whatever she can to ruin me and make my life miserable.

Fishin Texas Aggie 05
10:14a, 5/6/24
Thanks y'all

I did some therapy work, and it was ok. I'm basically a classically conditioned "nice guy" and after 21 years of being with the mother of my kids I have a really hard time not being invested in someone because I've been a dad/husband for so long it's hard.

I've dated a lil bit and it's been eye opening. It's so different than 21 years ago, but I have great stories. One of my few friends I talk ask me to describe it and I said if you are in a healthy committed relationship just consider yourself as one of the guys on the last chopper out of Vietnam. And the rest of us are in the jungle.

I live in La Grange so the dating pool is "splash pad" shallow. But the good news is I can go hunting more often.

I got a new rifle and will post some pics soon, just work is exceptionally busy. It's also good to see some familiar names and I'm glad y'all are still doing well
JeremiahJohnson
10:36a, 5/6/24
Sorry for you having to go through that. Glad it is cordial.

Get you some strange and into the woods. Great therapy. Although not the same kind as other people recommend.
agsalaska
10:47a, 5/6/24
I couldn't imagine dating again.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
O.G.
11:30a, 5/6/24
In reply to agsalaska
agsalaska said:

I couldn't imagine dating again.
I should have added. Dating Apps are NOT your friend....lol.

I did want to circle back on this subject and this goes for all men reading this that are now, or have gone through some rough spots.

I found a group/12 step program called Celebrate Recovery, when I was living in BCS. The one at Grace Bible, Southwood campus has a group for men with issues that aren't related to substance abuse.

There were a lot of first responder types/ GWOT veterans etc etc, in addition to guys going through divorce stuff. The first night that I went I realized that I was not alone & that others, although from different backgrounds/issues, were just like I was.

That alone was worth going for.

https://www.crecovery.org/find-cr-meetings/

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode