Recommendations for Outfitters
55,210 Views | 137 Replies
FJB
12:00p, 12/26/06
Hi All, I've asked the mods to sticky this post to the top of our board so that we can have a list of recommended outfitters to reference should we need to do so.

If you have has a positive personal experience with an outfitter or are an outfitter please let us know.

Staff feel free to edit if necessary.

Thanks!
FJB
12:04p, 12/26/06
I'll go first. I went pheasant hunting with Dane Swinburn of Tule Creek Outfitters in Tulia, TX about 3 years ago and had a wonderful time. We hunted numerous playa lakes and CRP and it was a blast. Even picked up a covey of quail or two.

Link--> http://www.tulecreek.com
VetSurg
9:45a, 12/27/06
http://www.sanmigueloutdoors.com/
wfriedeck
10:59a, 12/27/06
A friend of mine is looking to sell a few package hunts on his deer lease....

It is not the fanciest place in the world but you will see a lot of deer and probably some really big ones....

He is interested in package hunting some mature 120's on a guided three day hunt with a Saturday night meal cooked for you. The rest of the meals are your responsibility. The cost I believe is $1750 with a trophy fee for over 120.

He did a couple of these hunts earlier this year and everyone seemed real happy with their deer, one guy got a 13 pt deer that scored 122B&C.

For more info feel free to email me at friedeckw@yahoo.com
Nacho97
1:15p, 12/27/06
I highly recommend this place. Its Owned by an A&M Grad, and everyone is treated like royalty, and they do everything they can to get you on the deer you want.

www.timberghostranch.com

My deer:

Some other deer:

saysomethin
1:19p, 12/27/06
www.aboadventures.com
MONTANA
Summer trips include flyfishing on the Hellroaring creek which feeds into the Yellowstone river... easily catching 50+ yellowstone cutthroat per day. September through December offer bighorn, elk, mule deer, mountain goat, and moose hunts. Horseback 15 miles to camp where cook awaits you. Awesome experience..I worked there this past year and saw everything and everyone you could imagine come up into the hills with us. If you've never been to Montana, you need to go with ABO.

[This message has been edited by saysomethin (edited 12/27/2006 1:21p).]

[This message has been edited by saysomethin (edited 3/27/2007 3:41p).]
codyatm
2:23p, 12/27/06
I happen to be a personal friend of Dane Swinburn and can sfely say that he has one of the finest upland/waterfowl hunting areas I have ever visited. Hunted with him in Nov and limited out on ducks and sandhill cranes. Hell of a good guy even though he is a techtard.

"You can't explain it, you can only be greatful for the experience and be thankful everyday for the opportunity that so many are denied" ......AGGIELAND
CajunAggie
2:48p, 12/27/06
For upland game bird hunting:

www.greystonecastle.com
aggzwin
6:22p, 12/27/06
$1750 for a 120 class buck is a rip off...anyone who pays that is insane

you can easily get a lease for less than 2K and get to enjoy a whole year of hunting
Fort Worth Realtor
9:17p, 12/27/06
www.ranchovedado.com
Ag83
9:30p, 12/27/06
If you're looking for a top-notch deer or hog hunt - great amenities, plenty of game, beautiful scenery, and, best of all, great great folks to hunt with, then simply get with our very own Urban Ag.
La Fours
2:49p, 12/28/06
holy crap pedro, i grew up with dane swinburn. my dad still talks to his dad ever so often. we were pretty good friends. then i moved at age 10 and haven't been in contact since.
La Fours
2:54p, 12/28/06
and pedro, did you eat at the el camino for lunch? i used to love going there for dinner. that was 16 years ago. damn, i can't believe its been that long.
La Fours
2:57p, 12/28/06
cody, are you from tulia? shoot me an email. derek.merritt@gmail.com
FJB
3:14p, 12/28/06
Actually, Dane and I skipped right through lunch and kept hunting from what I recall. Small world though, ain't it?
La Fours
5:03p, 12/28/06
small world indeed.
Agman
10:46p, 12/30/06
www.texasriverbass.com
FSGuide
8:27a, 1/1/07
as of Thankgiving weekend of 2011 we are already sold out for the 2012-2013 season

Perfect trip to send clients on or to reward those good employees with.

Fully guided hunt package includes one mature buck scoring up to 149 B&C, one doe, and one cull buck/spike (if opportunity arises and at guides discretion). Also includes lodging at our brand new lodge, all meals and soft drinks (ranch does not provide alcohol). Guides will also field dress, skin & quarter your animals at no extra charge. If hogs or coyotes are seen, they may also be taken at no charge.

4,200 acres under strict management in cooperation with a TPWD biologist for several years. Limited number of hunts per season, in order not to over-hunt the population. Buck to doe ratio is approximately 1:2. The ranch MLD permit will be used on the animals killed; hunters do not use their tags from their TX license.

Animals are on a year round, free choice protein feed program.

Hunts will occur over a three day period, typically Friday afternoon through Sunday. Each weekend will have no less than three hunters and no more than five hunters on the ranch, in order to maximize your hunt experience. Most of the hunting is done from blinds but we also do a lot of walking/rattling during the rut & pre-rut. No shooting allowed from vehicles. No consumption of alcohol allowed prior to hunting.

Package price is $2,500 per hunter for bucks up to 149 B&C. Trophy bucks also available for an additional trophy fee.

Please call(214) 529-2431 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday for further details.

Ranch is located in San Saba, TX. 3 & 1/2 hours from DFW and approx 4 & 1/2 from Houston.

I also highly recommend these folks.
For Whitetail and Mule Deer in Texas:
http://www.shippranch.com

For upland game birds in Texas:
wbranch.com

[This message has been edited by FSGuide (edited 12/16/2011 3:30p).]
DVM97
7:01p, 1/1/07
WB ranch is indeed first class all the way, great lodge, food, and for released birds it is a very fun hunt. I have been twice on Pharmaceutical trips and I look forward to those invites every year!

DVM
codyatm
11:11a, 1/2/07
I am not from Tulia but we have spend quite a bit of time hunting together and we have a few mutual friends. I have just been very impressed with him and his operation that I would consider him a close friend. I would again suggest him to anyone. I know he is slammed with pheasant hunters right now but I am betting the ducks are still plentiful for anyone looking for late saeson waterfowl.

"You can't explain it, you can only be greatful for the experience and be thankful everyday for the opportunity that so many are denied" ......AGGIELAND
FSGuide
9:05p, 1/2/07
Codyatm-
What outfitter are you referring to in your post??
La Fours
10:46a, 1/3/07
FSGuide, Dane Swinburn of Tule Creek, from the original post on this thread.
Texags is garbage
4:30p, 1/4/07
Our lease in Rocksprings, Texas in the hill country is 100$ for all the hogs you can ever imagine shooting.
finfeather98
8:23a, 1/5/07
www.finfeather.org
Fishing and duck hunting in the Port O Connor area.
FSGuide
10:44a, 1/5/07
I forgot the obvious in my first post.

For management and trophy whitetail hunting packages. Fleming Springs Ranch in San Saba, TX. Brand new lodge. All meals and lodging provided. No website as of right now.

Anyone wanting more info can send me an e-mail: steve @ absoluteinvestigators DOT com.

[This message has been edited by FSGuide (edited 8/10/2007 6:49a).]
Machew
12:01p, 1/8/07
If anyone is looking for deer hunts, contact my brother (Richard)...Buckeye Ranch.

http://www.buckeyeranch.com/

[This message has been edited by Machew (edited 1/19/2007 10:42a).]
2:40p, 1/12/07
Nevermind.

[This message has been edited by 1989 (edited 1/12/2007 2:42p).]
ZoneClubber
6:53p, 1/12/07

Mexico bass fishing:
Kent Clifton- www.westsideadventures.com
hooked us up for a sweet 3 days of fishing at El Salto at Ron Speed Adventures' camp. Pick up at airport was on-time, camp and rooms were good, good hospitality, beer, ritas, food, guides and bass. Already planning the next trip.
TXAG1977
5:51p, 1/13/07
For Elk and Mule deer I highly recommend Packhorse Creek Outfitters in BC. www.packhorsecrk.com, Dave Beranack is a really good outfitter and guide. I've been with them twice and I'm booked for a goat hunt in 2009.
Cool_Hand
11:16a, 1/14/07
CajunAggie -

greystone is good for boxed hunts but if you want a REAL hunt call Doctor51 - I had 13 clients with him for 12/1 and it was phenominal
txaggie02
2:12p, 1/14/07
txag1977 -
Funny that you posted this yesterday because I actually met these guys at the Dallas Safari show yesterday. Talked with Jason for a while about a mule deer/elk hunt. What hunt did you take with them on your past 2 trips? Any luck? Do you have any pics you can maybe email me? Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. txaggies02@gmail.com
CajunAggie
1:11p, 1/15/07
Cool,

Doc's operation sounds great, except it's about 100000000000000000 miles from my house....
Texas 1836
5:25p, 1/15/07
For fly fishing in Montana, Brian Grossenbacher at Grossenbacher Guides.

Great guy, grew up with him.

http://www.grossenbacherguides.com/

dave99ag
9:42a, 1/16/07
For whitetail deer down in Dimmit County, check out Myers Whitetail Ranch.
86Pilot
8:32p, 1/16/07
For those Ags with less disposable income (including myself), try bow hunting on the Texas public lands. I realize it's a bit cheesy, but you'd be suprised how good the hunting is on some (not all) of these lands and how little pressure they get early in the bow season. Go out and meet with the area manager (WMA of your choice) and they will gladly give you excellent advice. There are at least 5 (or more) WMA's within 1.5 hours of Dallas. Taking a 120 buck with a bow is about as exhillerating a hunt as you can find in Texas. You can also bow hunt hogs (not for wimps) and turkey on these lands.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/wma/find_a_wma/
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off