Dome doing work
8,119 Views | 71 Replies
FlyRod
8:19a, 3/16/24
"The Aggieland Board was angry at the weather crew that day…like an old man sending soup back in a deli!"
Marlin39m
8:34a, 3/16/24
It's easy to shrug off for most people, but there are many people in agriculture that make very large financial decisions based off of forecasts that should be dependable at least a few hours out.
doubledog
9:11a, 3/16/24
In reply to Marlin39m
Marlin39m said:

It's easy to shrug off for most people, but there are many people in agriculture that make very large financial decisions based off of forecasts that should be dependable at least a few hours out.
Trust the Aggie Dome and plan accordingly.
australopithecus robustus
10:07a, 3/16/24
In reply to Marlin39m
Marlin39m said:

Certainly. It can be tough out there to be sure. Car washes have to close or open, outdoor events or businesses that rely on it not raining can be effected too. In the end, it all seems to work out
scd88
11:06a, 3/16/24
This **** keeps going around us. I'll believe rain when I see it. I won't be surprised when rain chances and quantities are reduced right before we expect it to pour.

The start times keep getting pushed back and window is smaller for duration. I'm frustrated.
doubledog
1:27p, 3/16/24

Finally the NWS is taking the Aggie Dome into consideration.
This is the "predicted" weather radar for 2:30-3:00 this afternoon
Buford T. Justice
3:20p, 3/16/24
The dome is laughing at us.
I have to give it credit, it has pushed aside a steady three day prediction of heavy rain.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
TAMU1990
3:30p, 3/16/24
The pattern this spring has been a consistent SW flow to the NE. The northern part of Brazos county has seen more rain than the southern part of the county.
scd88
6:16p, 3/16/24
What an abomination of a prediction from the meteorologists. If you look at the current radar, there isn't anything on the way.

Pisses me off getting my hopes up.
Goose83
7:06p, 3/16/24
In reply to scd88
scd88 said:

What an abomination of a prediction from the meteorologists. If you look at the current radar, there isn't anything on the way.

Yep. Getting tired of these missed predictions of biblical floods and all the Cecil B. DeMille, Wrath of God stuff that goes with it. Aim big, miss big.

With all this talk about an even hotter and drier summer this year, we need to start getting all the rain we can now.
techno-ag
7:40p, 3/16/24
In reply to scd88
scd88 said:

Pesky climate change.

/Shel
2:00a, 3/17/24
Radar suggests rain coming soon and then clearing before st pattys really kicks off. All seems like a perfect blessing to me….

Things should work out just fine.
merc
7:07a, 3/17/24
I haven't seen any totals but it uhh, looks like it at least drizzled for a bit
scd88
7:54a, 3/17/24
Classic scd88 rant and result. Looks like I was wrong in my assessment.

Next time we need rain, I'll be happy to complain about the weather people and be proven wrong. I look like a fool but am happy about the rain. I'll take that trade off any day.
8:16a, 3/17/24
Rained perfectly at my house in central College Station. Now the pretty sky with birds singing are making for a relaxing coffee experience on the porch.
doubledog
8:29a, 3/17/24
In reply to australopithecus robustus
australopithecus robustus said:

Rained perfectly at my house in central College Station. Now the pretty sky with birds singing are making for a relaxing coffee experience on the porch.
Had my cup this morning and watched it rain... About 1/10 of an inch in Southwood. The aggie dome opened for a few hours... IT WILL BE BACK.
Crawdaddy
8:40a, 3/17/24
South CS definitely got the shortest end of this weekend rain stick. Looks like that's probably it until maybe Thursday.
Marlin39m
10:17a, 3/17/24
In reply to scd88
scd88 said:

Classic scd88 rant and result. Looks like I was wrong in my assessment.

Next time we need rain, I'll be happy to complain about the weather people and be proven wrong. I look like a fool but am happy about the rain. I'll take that trade off any day.

You weren't wrong. They missed it horribly (once again) for two days and we got lucky with a mild 1/2" rain at the tail end of their terrifying weekend storm prediction.
Independence H-D
10:42a, 3/17/24
A Challenger steps to the plate in the I-35 corridor. Will the dome sweep the series this weekend?

trouble
5:35p, 3/17/24
Good heavy rain over here in central Bryan
scd88
5:40p, 3/17/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Good heavy rain over here in central Bryan

Same here in CS.
maroon barchetta
7:30p, 3/17/24
Nothing to the south
halibut sinclair
7:32p, 3/17/24
Nice rain in EaBry.
8:19p, 3/17/24
Looks like it all worked out. The Earth's equilibrium continues to prevail.
Independence H-D
8:43p, 3/17/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
Yep, not enough to speak of south of wellborn
bushytailed
4:16a, 3/18/24
SW Valley got soaked.
Hammerheadjim
11:18a, 3/18/24
NW Brazos county we got 1.01" yesterday.
Our place north of Franklin got a 3 day total of 2.5".
Friend near Millican got squat. Its like there is a circular force swirling around Kyle field,
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
oklaunion
2:18p, 3/21/24
Fantastic slow then heavy rains. Just right for the recently fertilized pastures. May get some runoff eventually.
scd88
11:14p, 3/21/24
Hoo-wee. Quite a cell coming through right now.
trouble
11:15p, 3/21/24
Dome cracked wide open
histag10
11:17a, 3/22/24
We even got a little hail out here (pea size)
CS78
1:34p, 3/22/24
In reply to histag10
histag10 said:

Pea sized hail. The roofers will be by any minute, to offer you a "free inspection".
trouble
1:43p, 3/22/24
In reply to CS78
CS78 said:

histag10 said:

Pea sized hail. The roofers will be by any minute, to offer you a "free inspection".

maroon barchetta
2:07p, 3/22/24
We got 2.25" on the south end
histag10
3:02p, 3/22/24
In reply to CS78
CS78 said:

histag10 said:

It's funny because my husband is a roofing contractor....
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings