Where to buy steel pipe?

1,099 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by java94
Mongolian Christmas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for larger sized steel pipe. Any recommendations of where to purchase?
BrazosWifi
Pioneer steel would be my first call.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
histag10
AG
Pioneer or metal mart.
Animal Eight 84
AG
Used pipe on FB market place. I sold a whole bunch of 2 7/8 drill stem in 1 day on marketplace.

Texas Livestock Reporter always had ads for used drill stem for sale.
555-PINF
Define "larger." I'm always looking for 36" OD through 60" OD with a 1" wall. Hard to source. Most places that advertise "large" pipe have drill stem or thin wall junk through 30" OD. There's a place between CS and Caldwell (Eddie Jr Pipe, IIRC) that has larger sizes at times.
SARATOGA
Honestly we need a place to buy all kinds of steel (angle, square tubing, expanded metal, and pipe) in smaller sizes and quantities now that Mack went only commercial/custom order.

In my experience Pioneer has only larger stuff (i-Beams, Purlins, and Pipe) for metal buildings type of stuff.

The "hobbyist" or small time fabricator is (like me) is presently without source.....unless anyone knows of anywhere else ?
the pit man
SARATOGA said:

Honestly we need a place to buy all kinds of steel (angle, square tubing, expanded metal, and pipe) in smaller sizes and quantities now that Mack went only commercial/custom order.

In my experience Pioneer has only larger stuff (i-Beams, Purlins, and Pipe) for metal buildings type of stuff.

The "hobbyist" or small time fabricator is (like me) is presently without source.....unless anyone knows of anywhere else ?
I buy almost all of my stuff from Pioneer. They have all sizes angle, square tube, sheet steel and are good folks to deal with. I started buying from back when they 1st opened because the prices and service was much better than Mack
GSS
Mongolian Christmas said:

Looking for larger sized steel pipe. Any recommendations of where to purchase?

The post is missing a whole lot of helpful information.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
FearNoWeevil
AG
Any old-school farmer's cooperatives around that still have welding and fabrication shops? Those were my go-to places back in a former life.
histag10
AG
My husband buys most of his stuff from Metal Mart.
java94
AG
It's been a few years, but I've bought both large orders of full length tubing and small quantities of angle and plate steel from Custom Fabricators in Bryan. If you are flexible on lengths, you can avoid cut fees.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.