No egg-sized hail today?
2,861 Views | 22 Replies
Goose83
5:33p, 4/8/24
Disappointed, as I was promised all sorts of Technicolor destruction this afternoon, but besides one thunderclap and a millionth of an inch of rain, nothing. Anybody else?

All the weather really did was screw up the eclipse. Now I got to go out and water the plants.
RafterAg223
6:33p, 4/8/24
Go ask our local activist/weatherman what happened on X and count the minutes until you get blocked.
FlyRod
6:53p, 4/8/24
Loud thunder and about an hour of heavy steady rain over at Carter Creek.

Tomorrow evening and overnight is supposed to be technicolor destruction. I'll be happy if it doesn't materialize. Car will be secured regardless.
halibut sinclair
7:23p, 4/8/24
Nice rain in EaBry. No hail of any size.
woodiewood
7:38p, 4/8/24
We got a good amount of rainfall near campus. Great for my tomatoes.
FlyRod
7:47p, 4/8/24
This has been the best spring veggie season I can remember in forever. Everything is growing super fast and healthy.

And yeah I know the party will end when the spigot dried up and the 110 degree heat kicks in for 90 consecutive days.
FlyRod
7:48p, 4/8/24
In reply to halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair said:

Nice rain in EaBry. No hail of any size.

No HOUS (hail of unusual size)?
The Brazos Kid
1:27p, 4/9/24
If nothing "Technicolor" transpires tonight, it shall be said over the airwaves that "we dodged a bullet" rather than "we got it wrong".
EBrazosAg
10:22p, 4/9/24
Got the "egg" size mention at 10 p on 3. Not sure what kind of egg however…….I am at 0.3 for the event. Buddy in Bell Co is a 9".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
10:41p, 4/9/24
the dome ain't stopping this one. 2 trains hitting tonight
TyHolden
11:12p, 4/9/24
T&P for our buddies to the east. Sounds like LA and MS is a perfect storm for a lot of tornadoes early morning.
maroon barchetta
11:52p, 4/9/24
Just had some rain push through. Not overly heavy. No hail. No wind. Lightning stayed in the clouds.

Glad to avoid the severe stuff.
woodiewood
6:32a, 4/10/24
My tomatoes got a good watering. Anything where I can avoid watering with CS plant-toxic water is good!
maroon barchetta
6:47a, 4/10/24
In reply to woodiewood
woodiewood said:

My tomatoes got a good watering. Anything where I can avoid watering with CS plant-toxic water is good!

FlyRod
8:04a, 4/10/24
In reply to woodiewood
woodiewood said:

Reminding me to install a catchment system for exactly this reason.
KidDoc
9:25a, 4/10/24
Maybe they meant hummingbird egg size?

From my rural families they said there were patches of heavy rain around just spottty.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
10:27a, 4/10/24
Bad hail in Salado last night.
maroon barchetta
10:47a, 4/10/24
I thought we were done with rain today?

It's back and windy!
Crawdaddy
11:38a, 4/10/24

Bad wind down in Katy last night too
trouble
11:41a, 4/10/24
A friend in rural Wilco had tennis ball size hail.
phillytex24
5:26p, 4/11/24
In reply to Goose83
Goose83 said:

Disappointed, as I was promised all sorts of Technicolor destruction this afternoon, but besides one thunderclap and a millionth of an inch of rain, nothing. Anybody else?

All the weather really did was screw up the eclipse. Now I got to go out and water the plants.

It's ridiculous! Weather reporting has been so off lately.
FlyRod
6:42p, 4/11/24
How so? Forecasts are reported as probabilities, not certainties.
TyHolden
9:51a, 4/12/24
In reply to FlyRod
FlyRod said:

How so? Forecasts are reported as probabilities, not certainties.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings