Smitty K's fire
3,692 Views | 17 Replies
scd88
6:31p, 4/15/24
Took out the kitchen. They'll be down for a while but I hope they come back strong as soon as possible.
techno-ag
6:33p, 4/15/24
Let's hope so. Fires can be so devastating to small businesses. God bless.
Jetty
8:30p, 4/15/24
From his Facebook post it sounds like they're done. Hope not!
aggiesed8r
8:37p, 4/15/24
Was it any good? Never ate there.
PS3D
8:56p, 4/15/24
Better move fast if they plan on reopening, either by renovating the kitchen or finding a place that's not bombed out.

Once your cooks start moving on (like Chicken Oil) the food isn't going to be the same, which was the draw in the first place.
Buford T. Justice
6:26a, 4/16/24
Rent the old Red Lobster until the repairs are done.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
histag10
7:29a, 4/16/24
In reply to PS3D
If you were a fan of the people at Chicken Oil, Matt is now the Executive Kitchen manager at Walk-Ons. (And he has been there since they opened)
histag10
7:30a, 4/16/24
In reply to Jetty
Jetty said:

From his Facebook post it sounds like they're done. Hope not!

I hope not.

And if they are, I hope they keep it as a venue, or bring in different food trucks and maybe a mobile bar. It is such a fun place.
MyNameIsJeff
8:18a, 4/16/24
In reply to aggiesed8r
aggiesed8r said:

Yes! Everything I ever ate there was great. I've also attended a few events they catered. Their fajitas were top notch, which kinda surprised me from a non-Mexican restaurant.

I hope they decide to get it back up and running.
JMac03
9:19a, 4/16/24
What stinks is that the new owners haven't even had it that long. Really hope they can turn it around. We don't go often because its really out of the way, but I do like the atmosphere.
91_Aggie
9:33a, 4/16/24
In reply to JMac03
JMac03 said:

What stinks is that the new owners haven't even had it that long. Really hope they can turn it around. We don't go often because its really out of the way, but I do like the atmosphere.
Yeah, I wonder if they have huge loan from buying it.
and what their insurance policy is... i imagine when buying a business only part of the purchase price would be the actual building.
AggiePhil
9:41a, 4/16/24
Word is they won't be reopening. Sad deal.
I am a beer
11:45a, 4/16/24
It burned a lot more than the kitchen. Likely not reopening.

Sad, because it was a great place.
woodiewood
4:51p, 4/16/24
They may reopen, but I bet it will a a year or so after fighting the insurance company to get a fair settlement. I have seen it take years to open.

I wonder what caused the fire?

I wish them the best.

FlyRod
6:43p, 4/16/24
If you've ever worked in a restaurant kitchen you know how common restaurant fires are, or how quickly they can start, esp in a frenetic rushed time.

I wish them the very best.
woodiewood
5:49a, 4/17/24
In reply to FlyRod
FlyRod said:

If you've ever worked in a restaurant kitchen you know how common restaurant fires are, or how quickly they can start, esp in a frenetic rushed time.

I wish them the very best.
Keep the deep fryers from the other gas appliances!
ElephantRider
9:51p, 4/17/24
In reply to aggiesed8r
aggiesed8r said:

I remember it being good when it opened, but I hadn't been in a while. Went once last year, and thought it was awful
BrazosWifi
6:11a, 4/18/24
In reply to ElephantRider
ElephantRider said:

aggiesed8r said:

I remember it being good when it opened, but I hadn't been in a while. Went once last year, and thought it was awful

There was a period after the sale where quality declined.
In the last few months, they sorted that out and quality was back.

Our office is down the road. I ate there 2x a week.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings