Mail theft
1,847 Views | 11 Replies
woodiewood
7:36a, 4/19/24
No, it didn't make sense. The mail was incoming, not outgoing. Either way, have a secured way of receiving mail other than mail boxes.
Stupe
8:06a, 4/19/24
In reply to woodiewood
That post doesn't make sense.

Why would people take credit cards to the post office to mail off?
maroon barchetta
8:19a, 4/19/24
In reply to Stupe
No kidding.

The postal carrier puts that stuff into your mailbox at home.
Tailgate88
3:34p, 4/19/24
We paid off a car recently and were expecting the title in the mail. My USPS Informed Delivery showed me a picture of an envelope that said "IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED" from our lender. The envelope never made it in our mailbox. I ended up getting a lien release from the lender and am headed to the tax office to request a replacement title.
dallasiteinsa02
9:09p, 4/19/24
In reply to Tailgate88
Tailgate88 said:

We paid off a car recently and were expecting the title in the mail. My USPS Informed Delivery showed me a picture of an envelope that said "IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED" from our lender. The envelope never made it in our mailbox. I ended up getting a lien release from the lender and am headed to the tax office to request a replacement title.

USPS will take no responsibility. They hide behind that the scan occurs in Houston and who knows if it ends up in BCS.

I wish some organization would run a sting operation.
maroon barchetta
9:54p, 4/19/24
My son is house and dog sitting for some people. He got home from class today and their mailbox was open and there was a rock inside the mailbox.

What does that mean?
EBrazosAg
9:58p, 4/19/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
Low, slow and nimble meteors?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bucketrunner
10:45a, 4/20/24
FlyRod
10:59a, 4/20/24
Might want to invest in mailboxes with locks? Guessing the big box stores sell such things.
Moy
4:46p, 4/20/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
Was the rock on top of the mail? Is the mailbox on a county road? Our rural route postal carrier will place a rock from our gravel road on our mail when it's windy so if the door blows open the mail doesn't blow out.
maroon barchetta
4:48p, 4/20/24
In reply to Moy
There was no mail.

But that's a good point.
Stupe
4:57p, 4/20/24
When we lived on a rural route, the flag up and a rock in the mailbox meant that there was a package on the porch that was too big for the mailbox.

My parents didn't want it sitting on the road.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings