Austin half marathon watching locations
747 Views | 2 Replies
kyle field 94
9:23p, 2/13/24
We are wanting to watch some friends this upcoming weekend for the half marathon and are looking for a good viewing location. Where is best place to park with an easy way to get in and out of downtown area
ThenamesAg
10:01a, 2/14/24
My experience has always been as a runner. With that said, there is a paid parking lot on 5th and Colorado that is easy access coming from MoPac. It will put you relatively close to the finish line and is not difficult to get in and out of. I also know a lot of runners will park in the parking lots on 2nd St. near Rainey if coming from 35, but that will be more of a hike- there is probably a parking garage closer. The spot most people need encouragement is Enfield so anywhere in Tarrytown north of Enfield is a great place to camp and cheer runners coming up the hill off Lake Austin Blvd.
Iraq2xVeteran
11:14a, 2/17/24
This will be the 4th straight year of running the Austin Half Marathon or Austin Marathon. In 2020, I ran the 3M Half Marathon on 1/19/20, but not the Austin Half Marathon. I ran the Austin Half Marathon for the first time on 4/25/21. The pandemic postponed the half marathon from 2/14/21 to 4/25/21 and eliminated the full marathon and post-race activities. I ran the Austin Marathon on 2/20/22, and I finished it in 3:55:21. That was my first full marathon after running 8 half marathons. I ran the Austin Half Marathon last year, and I will run the Austin Half Marathon tomorrow. This will be my 10th half marathon.

There are plenty of great spots to cheer people on during the half marathon:

EARLY MILES SOUTH CONGRESS AVENUE
The journey begins on South Congress Avenue, where runners face a steady climb during the first three miles. It's an excellent spot to cheer them on as they tackle the initial challenge. The street is lined with numerous spots where you can stand and offer your support.

GAINING MOMENTUM SOUTH FIRST STREET
Post the ascent on South Congress, the runners hit South First Street, where a downhill stretch allows them to pick up the pace. Your cheers here will boost their morale as they gather momentum.

STRATEGIC SPOT AUSTIN CITY HALL
Austin City Hall is a pivotal point where runners make a significant turn onto Cesar Chavez Street. Your presence here can offer them the encouragement they need to stay strong.

SCENIC VIEWS PFLUGER PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE
Position yourself on the north side of Lady Bird Lake at the Pfluger Pedestrian Bridge extension. It's a beautiful spot offering an overhead view of the participants, adding a picturesque backdrop to your support.

WEST AUSTIN CHARM OYSTER LANDING/ENFIELD ROAD AREA
This area in West Austin, near the challenging mile 12, is perfect for a more relaxed cheering atmosphere. Grab a coffee from Mozart's before offering your support. The ease of parking and less crowd makes it an ideal spot for an intimate encouragement session.

https://youraustinmarathon.com/best-spots-to-cheer-on-runners-at-the-austin-marathon/
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings