Prosper Aggies
8,630 Views | 89 Replies
BigNastyNate
9:14p, 1/23/24
People are indeed dumb.

The ironic part is the majority of 'old school' Proper people paid about half the price for their house compared to your average Mustang Lakes (or name XYZ master planned Prosper ISD community) homeowner.
Pfeff
9:24p, 1/23/24
Let's not derail the conversation….. Dilly Dilly said he's going to host us at Gentle Creek!
BigNastyNate
9:35p, 1/23/24
At his house or on the course?!

Sounds like Cody can throw in a companion pass too!
Wildmen11
9:47p, 1/23/24
In reply to BigNastyNate
BigNastyNate said:

Let's go!!!
Pfeff
9:48p, 1/23/24
In reply to Wildmen11
Wildmen11 said:

BigNastyNate said:

Let's go!!!

Guess we got to schedule it for him!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
10:09p, 1/23/24
Choppin40ds, Cody, and Dilly hosting us all!
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
8:02a, 1/24/24
In reply to Dilly Dilly
Dilly Dilly said:

I (Jeff Yates) am at Gentle Creek. I think we did a real estate closing for a mutual client a few months back.

I believe ChoppinDs40 is a member as well, but not sure I know his name.

Yes, we did! I'm not up there as much as I'd like, but we should grab lunch sometime.

Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
8:04a, 1/24/24
In reply to BigNastyNate
BigNastyNate said:

You'd have to fight through all my bad shots.....but we can make that happen.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
EOE
12:51p, 1/24/24
Any of you Prosper folks have kids getting SPED services within Prosper ISD? We are currently in FWISD, which is terrible at supporting students who learn differently. We are currently looking at Frisco, Richardson, and Prosper as a move. For context, I have two daughters who are ASD level 1 that need some support, but not a significant amount.

Owner of Silo Park is a good dude. Went to high school with him in DeSoto many moons ago.
Pfeff
1:30p, 1/24/24
In reply to HomeFinderCody
So you're saying there's a chance!!
Dilly Dilly
2:10p, 1/24/24
In reply to EOE
I have a son receiving SPED services through PISD. His are more behavioral than cognitive, but we have been in the program for 4-5 years now.
AggieRAGE
5:55p, 1/24/24
In reply to PrestigeWorldwideAg12
It is but Propser ISD. Neighborhood borders Propser, Celina and close to McKinney.
FTAG 2000
7:36a, 1/25/24
Was all for a Blackhawk meet up but after careful consideration maybe this Gentle Creek thing is the way to go.
Wildmen11
9:31a, 1/25/24
In reply to EOE
I have a son with ASD in Celina ISD Elementary Schools and have been very happy with the programs. They implemented a new SPED initiative and he has made a ton of progress in the last year.
FightinTAC08
9:36a, 1/25/24
In reply to EOE
we use Prosper SPED for speech pathology so probably not the same needs but it has been great for us. we get newsletters from SPED, handwritten notes in take home folders. they also coordinate/share information with our private pathologist.
duck79
10:26a, 1/25/24
Our 5th grade daughter is in for speech as well. She wasn't diagnosed till recently and we are grateful that her teachers realized what was going on. She loves the program she is in currently.
smurphy07
5:22p, 1/27/24
In reply to AggieRAGE
Holler when you get here.
Wildmen11
8:46a, 2/6/24
Bumping thread- we should do a meet up soon!
ChoppinDs40
7:49p, 2/12/24
Oh hello there.

Yes, I'm a member at Gentle Creek. I don't play as much as I'd like but the new clubhouse is slick. And the food is pretty darn good to boot.

Congrats, Cody! I'd be happy to host some people on the course. It's in pretty good shape for all the rain we've had. Greens are rolling true as per usual.

I plan to play in the Member Guest this spring/early summer. The men's group is very active and those guys play every day (must sell insurance lol).

I also have some info on SPED services. My wife works in admin at PISD and specialized in SPED for years, albeit at the elementary and middle school level. I could connect you and she'll be able to answer anything you'd like.

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
8:23p, 2/12/24
In reply to ChoppinDs40
Has the initiation changed up there at all? What is the Junior Exec these days?
ChoppinDs40
8:46p, 2/12/24
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Has the initiation changed up there at all? What is the Junior Exec these days?

Initiation went up. 25k now. I don't think there's a discount for younger folks.

Dues are 575. It's maybe 675 for older folks?

I'm 36 so it probably goes up for me pretty soon.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
10:10p, 2/12/24
Ehh it ain't $25k special.
ChoppinDs40
7:47a, 2/13/24

Problem is around here, there aren't many options. Stonebridge can be had for ~$20k but I don't feel like driving that far.

Stonebriar has jumped considerably as has Gleneagles.

Bridges is far.

And all the nearby munis/public courses are junk. I used to like Frisco lakes but it's gone downhill and it's over $100 to play on weekends.

Gentle Creek is a great course. I'm probably biased but I love the layout for a home track. We've added a gym and they seem to be constantly improving the remodeled clubhouse and facilities.
Wildmen11
7:53a, 2/13/24
In reply to ChoppinDs40
ChoppinDs40 said:

Problem is around here, there aren't many options. Stonebridge can be had for ~$20k but I don't feel like driving that far.

Stonebriar has jumped considerably as has Gleneagles.

Bridges is far.

And all the nearby munis/public courses are junk. I used to like Frisco lakes but it's gone downhill and it's over $100 to play on weekends.

Gentle Creek is a great course. I'm probably biased but I love the layout for a home track. We've added a gym and they seem to be constantly improving the remodeled clubhouse and facilities.
You're absolutely right- Collin County north of 380 is starved for more golf options. I know they are building a private club in Celina now but I can't even get to a driving range unless I go to the Bridges (if the range is open) or down into McKinney at Westridge (which is always packed).

I think even a venue with a 4-5 bays of simulators that serves food and drinks would do extremely well up here.
ChoppinDs40
7:57a, 2/13/24
In reply to Wildmen11
That new club will be insane. Probably >65k if I had to guess. PGA is over 100.

There's a little bar restaurant on 380 at Teel that has some bays and serves food

Doesn't have great reviews but could help you out.

But yes, these reasons above are why I joined. Granted, I've belonged for 3 years now so I got in at $5k before the Arcis transaction.

We were members at Gleneagles in Plano before building up here. Considered transferring membership to stonebridge but ultimately didn't want to fight the traffic on 380.

I can be from my front door in Star trail to the club in less than 10 minutes and hit maybe 1 or 2 lights. Convenience is king for me.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
8:29a, 2/13/24
I still regret not joining in November 2021 when I could have joined for $4k and dues were just $420 a month. That's life though.
ChoppinDs40
10:42a, 2/13/24
yup, at 4k one-time, it's a STEAL, especially since the bunkers have been re-done.

They've also done a ton of work to the course since (plus the clubhouse, which is way nicer than it was before the freeze/pipe debacle).
bco2003
8:58p, 2/25/24
Has anybody seen the construction progress of the Cracker Barrel at Teel & 380? Last year's announcement indicated it would be opening March-April '24.
Pfeff
10:12p, 2/25/24
In reply to bco2003
Nothing yet…. Unfortunately.
Pfeff
10:15p, 2/25/24
Copied from another thread….

"On Saturday, March 2, Aggie Baseball will play its second game of the weekend at Globe Life Field, followed by an Aggie Basketball road trip to Athens to take on the Georgia Bulldogs. So, where should you go to watch the Maroon & White on the hardwood after watching them on the diamond?

THE ANGRY ELEPHANT

TexAgs co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci will be joined by TexAgs Radio host David Nuño for a Happy Hour from 5-7 at the newest Angry Elephant location in Little Elm. There will be drink specials, food specials and even the possibility of Liucci designing his own menu item for the occasion! (We have high expectations for a man known for ordering "a little something for the table" at any given meal) Liucci & Nuño will also host a Q&A, taking questions from any and everyone who shows up on any topic related to Aggie Athletics or whatever else crosses Liucci's brain. So come join us at The Angry Elephant in Little Elm for a TexAgs Happy Hour. Gig 'Em!

Who: You, the TexAgs Subscriber
What: TexAgs Happy Hour with Billy Liucci & David Nuño
When: Saturday, March 2 (Aggie Baseball in Arlington for Globe Life Field Series, Aggie Basketball with a pivotal road game at Georgia)
Where: 1624 FM 423 Suite 100, Little Elm, TX 75033
Why: To enjoy some excellent drink specials, talk Texas A&M Athletics with Billy Liucci and celebrate the opening of The Angry Elephant in Little Elm"

Wanted to see if any other Prosper Ags are planning on going.

Dilly Dilly
10:51p, 2/25/24
In reply to Pfeff
We may try and make it. Also, I think the Prosper/Celina A&M club is going to have Aggie Muster in Celina at the Wooden Penguin. Definitely making that.
bco2003
2:34a, 2/26/24
In reply to Pfeff
Pfeff said:

Nothing yet…. Unfortunately.
Wow, they haven't even broken ground?
Pfeff
9:53p, 3/9/24
Doing some backyard projects this spring.

Where's the best place to get material such as yards of river rock, stone, shrubs/trees/plants, etc.?
ChoppinDs40
10:31p, 3/9/24
In reply to Pfeff
Site one, full trees up at tree land in Gunter.

Calloways for legit plants/flowers

Home Depot at el dorado has better nursery than windsong, IMO.
FTAG 2000
4:01a, 3/10/24
In reply to Pfeff
Pfeff said:

Doing some backyard projects this spring.

Where's the best place to get material such as yards of river rock, stone, shrubs/trees/plants, etc.?

For rock and stone, I like North Texas Natural Select Materials. It's in 380. Gotta pick up yourself but they will fill your truck up with anything from a quarter yard on up. You can go on their website to see what materials they have (from the yards menu, select La Cima).
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings