Metroplex
Sponsored by

Rangers Opening Day Tickets

1,848 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Proposition Joe
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unfortunately, won't be able to attend this year.

Sec 107, row 9 (3 tickets). $600 each.

lefraud . texags @ g
_lefraud_
AG
Bump
fc2112
You need to revisit that price. That section is around $400 right now on StubHub.

Tickets in my Section 118 sold for about $400 yesterday.
_lefraud_
AG

Southlake
653? Ouch.
fc2112
If you paid $653 per ticket - well, you paid too much.
chick79
AG
$160 for a Fulfillment and service fee!?
_lefraud_
AG
fc2112 said:

If you paid $653 per ticket - well, you paid too much.
My screenshot is from the "$400" ticket currently listed in section 118 on stubhub
gabehcoud
chick79 said:

$160 for a Fulfillment and service fee!?
It takes more power to process more expensive tickets. Much like bitcoin if I understand correctly.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea the listed prices are about 50% under what you actually pay if you buy them. I'm shocked that some startup hasn't come in to try and undercut the ridiculous fees in all websites. I would definitely buy from someone who had half the fees. It's gotten beyond ridiculous.
_lefraud_
AG
Tickpick (started by an Aggie I think) doesn't have the crazy fees at checkout but they are just baked into the priceā€¦so it's roughly the same as all the others.

The crazy thing is "dynamic pricing" pro sports teams use when purchasing through them directly. If I'm going to pay secondary pricing, why would I ever give that money to the franchise?
fc2112
mavsfan4ever said:

Yea the listed prices are about 50% under what you actually pay if you buy them. I'm shocked that some startup hasn't come in to try and undercut the ridiculous fees in all websites. I would definitely buy from someone who had half the fees. It's gotten beyond ridiculous.
So I had no idea the buyer fees were that high. I normally pay a seller fee of about 10% when I move my Ranger tickets.

The reason start ups can't break in? The team has to give the reseller access to their ticket database to verify the bar codes we the seller inputs. And so the clubs are getting a kick back from Seat Geek, StubHub, etc, to provide that service. So a big part of those buyer fees are going right back to the club.
Proposition Joe
Teams want control of the tickets so any "market price" money over face goes to them, but also so that they can remove cheap tickets to keep price integrity.

People buy into the "getting tickets out of the hands of scalpers", but reality is on the high demand games teams are going to dynamically price and charge you just as much as the scalpers, and on the low demand games teams are aiming to weed out the scalpers and keep price integrity so there's no $3 Tuesday tickets on Stubhub but rather $17 Tuesday tickets from the box office.

Many of the tickets you see on Seatgeek are coming straight from the organization.

As with most things, the company is trying to extract as much money out of you as possible -- they aren't your friend. Scalpers may be bad, but competition is good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.