Metroplex
Sponsored by

Sports Streaming Service

1,352 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Absolute
ChuckAggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the most comprehensive sports streaming service to get sec network, local sports (Rangers) and (Cowboys), (FC Dallas).

Also has anyone switched to spectrum cell phone service and has it been an issue?
gabehcoud
directv has everything. i should probably switch to directv stream but i havent yet.
BoomGoesThe
I was an AT&T/Cingular/AT&T customer for 20 years and was pretty hesitant to switch over to a lower cost carrier. Since I switched to Spectrum mobile, my service in DFW has actually been a little better, and it's only $25 a line. In very rural areas, I can't get service sometimes (in places where I would have one bar with AT&T).
Absolute
AG
I have direct stream and like it a lot. More like traditional cable/sat than a streaming service but works well and has all those channels (at least right now.)

I thought I heard that the spectrum mobile was using the Verizon network. Didn't switch, but I have Verizon and it is pretty good in dfw.
East Dallas Ag
AG
Fubo is the only other one to access Ballys for Ranger games
double aught
AG
Traditional cable (Spectrum) also has Ballys.
East Dallas Ag
AG
Right...but he asked for streaming.
double aught
AG
I know.
SydB92
AG
FC Dallas is only on the appletv MLS streaming package. There might be a few free ones and FS1 but the MLS only streaming is your only option.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
East Dallas Ag said:

Fubo is the only other one to access Ballys for Ranger games

Fubo is ridiculously expensive compared to others YTTV and Hulu+LiveTV and you pay that $20 per month or something like that for regional sports whether you want that or not and cannot turn it off out of season.

I'd rather stick with my Hulu+LiveTV which has all of the major networks, SEC, ESPNs etc for college and pro football plus the NFL RedZone channel. When I want to watch Mavs/Stars/Rangers I use Sports Surge its free and works well. I don't care if it is pirated.

One more year and Bally's will be dead or at least it will be on Amazon Prime (assuming the deal for them goes through with Diamond/Bally).
Matsui
AG
You can get a spectrum service and only use their streaming No cable boxes Use their app.
aggieswin12
Make sure you fully price out the package you want. Fubo seems like it's in line with the other but they'll tack on the sports fee and then it's probably 100/month.
dvldog
AG
Matsui said:

You can get a spectrum service and only use their streaming No cable boxes Use their app.

It looks like that's still $100 with the lowest package that includes Bally:

ETA: didn't mean to direct the price at you. I know you were just giving another option for streaming - not saying it was the cheapest or anything.
MW03
AG
Be careful with the Rangers. There was some nonsense last year about their streaming rights. You could stream the Stars and Mavs with a Bally's subscription, but not the Rangers. Had to have directv or something. I can't recall the specifics, just being supremely pissed off.
East Dallas Ag
AG
You can't stream the Rangers with just the Bally's app, you have to get the actual Bally's Sw channel. I went through all this last year trying to get access to the Rangers, I was with YTTV at the time, Fubo was the only option for me, Spectrum not available in our area, plus I assume you have to use their internet?

I get 500Mbps for $50/month thru our internet co-op and its awesome. My Fubo bill all in for regional sports, cloud DVR, 4k and the "Elite" plan that gets all the other sports channels is $113/mo.

Absolute
AG
Want to say my direct stream is around a 100 for the package I have. Which has Bally's and all the local teams.. Though we all have to realize any channel could go away at any time as the companies mess around and fight over money.

The thing I really like is that it will work as a pure streaming app - can use it on a firestick/smart tv for outside and bedrooms and for travel (bought a cheap firestick that is just our travel stick.) Then for the main living room tv and in my office I bought there little set top boxes (around 100 each on amazon, i think.) They and their remotes work like traditional cable/sat boxes which I like better and are much easier to use.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.