Metroplex
Sponsored by

HEB Alliance

2,229 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by TAMUallen
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw that it opened on Wednesday. This one is closer to the house than the Frisco one. Is it even worth trying to go tomorrow (Sunday) morning?
Matsui
AG
Heck no
CashinOut
AG
Nope…made the mistake of going today. They had police directing traffic and it was shoulder to shoulder inside. Stay away!!!
AgBQ-00
AG
We live very close to it. Are intentionally staying away for the first several weeks
zag213004
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

We live very close to it. Are intentionally staying away for the first several weeks

Same here. I'm staying away until the hype dies down a little... But I can't wait forever because I hate that kroger and the WinCo fruit is always lack luster
Aggiewes
AG
Still a "crowdfest" as of Sunday evening..... Good luck!

I live about 1/2 miles as the crow flies from the store..... Hope it gets reasonable soon.... Went for a bit Saturday morning. Really nice but the crowds.....
Naveronski
AG
It's a grocery store.

No.
Jack Ruby
For the life of me I'll never understand the allure of HEB.
AgBQ-00
AG
For us it is because our Kroger sucks and we are hoping the competition make both better. Plus HEB meat section is normally better from my experience. The store I miss is the Tom Thumb stores from the 90s before they sold to Safeway
Decay
AG
Some of us miss our college days of beer and Hill country fare brand foods

Although I'm staying the hell away from it for a few months
double aught
AG
Jack Ruby said:

For the life of me I'll never understand the allure of HEB.
It's pretty simple. It's a really well run grocery store, better than other options. Great selection. Good prices. Some really good house brand stuff. And yeah some us are probably a little nostalgic for when we were exposed to it in college.

Some people are overzealous, but that's true of a lot of things in life.
zag213004
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

For us it is because our Kroger sucks and we are hoping the competition make both better.

This. Kroger staff doesn't know where stuff is. Some common things don't exist or cannot be found, and I have found many instances where the price listed when you get the item doesn't match price at checkout (higher). So I have to take pictures of the price tags and get corrected at checkout. This never happens at WinCo, or Walmart or costco for me personally
Decay
AG
Just drove past it for my monthly pluckers pilgrimage. No way in hell I'm trying it yet
mts6175
AG
DFW has a very weird grocery market. HEB is a welcome change
AgBQ-00
AG
Went Sunday before it got CRAZY. Was still pretty busy but was an enjoyable experience. So I imagine once the hordes lose interest in the novelty it'll be great
debased
AG
Bedford Instagram posted one is coming to 121/Cheek Sparger in 2026.
Turf.Ag13
AG
Went today, Saturday at 11am. I didn't think it was busier than any other time I've been in an HEB. Very nice store, and quick checkout
TAMUallen
AG
debased said:

Bedford Instagram posted one is coming to 121/Cheek Sparger in 2026.

Thanks goodness. I think their lot is actually in Euless and Bedford. Weird little area where everything from Euless, Bedford, Colleyville and Grapevine are with a mile or two of each other.

They've had that lot for something that seems like at least a decade and I really had started to believe they were never going to develop it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.