Dora the explorer
43,970 Views | 297 Replies
aTm2004
4:07p, 4/25/24
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
She wants to hand the case off to Ken Paxton's team. Looks like one last FU on her way out.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/kim-ogg-hidalgo-corruption-19423150.php

Quote:

"I have asked the office of the AG to assume jurisdiction of the six public corruption cases pending against three former members of Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo's office," Ogg said in a press conference Thursday afternoon.

Democratic nominee Sean Teare has previously stated that he would recuse the County from investigations should he take office next year. Ogg said today's move would ensure the case would be prosecuted swiftly and effectively, adding that asking the Attorney General's office to assume jurisdiction did not count as a recusal.

"It was my intent that our office would prosecute the cases but with the uncertainty of the election…I felt it was my duty to get the cases to an office where I knew they would not be swept under the rug," Ogg said.

texagbeliever
4:20p, 4/25/24
In reply to aTm2004
aTm2004 said:

She wants to hand the case off to Ken Paxton's team. Looks like one last FU on her way out.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/kim-ogg-hidalgo-corruption-19423150.php

Quote:

"I have asked the office of the AG to assume jurisdiction of the six public corruption cases pending against three former members of Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo's office," Ogg said in a press conference Thursday afternoon.

Democratic nominee Sean Teare has previously stated that he would recuse the County from investigations should he take office next year. Ogg said today's move would ensure the case would be prosecuted swiftly and effectively, adding that asking the Attorney General's office to assume jurisdiction did not count as a recusal.

"It was my intent that our office would prosecute the cases but with the uncertainty of the election…I felt it was my duty to get the cases to an office where I knew they would not be swept under the rug," Ogg said.

Hell hath no furry like a democrat woman scorned. Love it!
Jugstore Cowboy
5:34p, 4/25/24
Any of yall read this new biography I found on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/COLUMBIA-TEXAS-COURTROOM-BIOGRAPHY-American/dp/B0CVNHZBBW

Psycho Bunny
5:39p, 4/25/24
In reply to Jugstore Cowboy
If I want heartburn I'll spend 15.50 at taco bell.
Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
TX04Aggie
5:48p, 4/25/24
Lol that looks like a cheap self published book.
Diggity
5:50p, 4/25/24
What a prolific writer!

This Joe Whiston character has managed to self-publish 4 books in the first two months of 2024. They all look equally intriguing.

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3AJoe+Whitson&s=relevancerank&text=Joe+Whitson&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1

Jugstore Cowboy
5:51p, 4/25/24
In reply to Diggity
The sample text I read looked either AI or ESL. Otherwise, I might be interested in the Jo-El Sonnier book.
bigjag19
6:02p, 4/25/24
Would probably read the same if converted to Japanese and then back to English.
Jugstore Cowboy
6:16p, 4/25/24
In reply to bigjag19
bigjag19 said:

Would probably read the same if converted to Japanese and then back to English.
My old boss Jimmy James at News Radio tried that.
bigjag19
6:36p, 4/25/24
The man so nice they named him twice.
Psycho Bunny
7:04p, 4/25/24
Lina's response and the comments

Americans new motto
aTm2004
7:51p, 4/25/24
In reply to Psycho Bunny
Which one of you is Bob?
taba82
8:39p, 4/25/24
This is a brilliant move by Ogg...

It is well known the Dems are running someone against Ogg with hopes of him beating her in the primary, since it's almost a guarantee the D will win the Nov election. If Ogg gets replaced, it's common knowledge in the legal community, the new DA will drop the charges against Dora's staff. With Paxton taking over the case, there's a higher chance one of the staff could flip on Dora.
Mike
Aggie Band '82
Diggity
8:41p, 4/25/24
In reply to taba82
Ummmmm
bigjag19
8:51p, 4/25/24
In reply to Diggity
Who's gonna tell him?
Jugstore Cowboy
9:26p, 4/25/24
In reply to taba82

Quote:

With Paxton taking over the case
Oh, ok.
aTm2004
10:26p, 4/25/24
In reply to taba82
taba82 said:

This is a brilliant move by Ogg...

It is well known the Dems are running someone against Ogg with hopes of him beating her in the primary, since it's almost a guarantee the D will win the Nov election. If Ogg gets replaced, it's common knowledge in the legal community, the new DA will drop the charges against Dora's staff. With Paxton taking over the case, there's a higher chance one of the staff could flip on Dora.

Uhh…dude. The primaries have already happened and Boss Ogg lost her primary. She's a lame duck and is sending it to someone who will ensure that pencil neck beta in Lina's life is replaced with a lesbian with tattoos on her tits named Bobbie.
maroon barchetta
10:36p, 4/25/24
In reply to aTm2004
aTm2004 said:

Which one of you is Bob?

I've wondered that on some other threads that have been shared.

It's gotta be a Tine Board member.
Mas89
10:39p, 4/25/24
Is Rodney next?
aTm2004
10:53p, 4/25/24
aTm2004
10:53p, 4/25/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
No doubt.
Gator92
5:07p, 4/26/24
Ogg was on Michael Berry this morning. I believe the interview was taped tho.

Podcast link starts at aprox 22min mark

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michael-berry/content/2024-04-26-44-the-michael-berry-show-am-show-hr-2-harris-co-da-kim-ogg-joins-us/

TLDR

She had some pretty strong words about corruption in HC. He asked about Dora and she gave the cannot directly comment. She did give a hint about evidence evolving w/ increased technology.

Hopefully this means they've been able to get her Watts app messages...
Ciboag96
8:08a, 4/27/24

Quote:

'Don't have time for games': Whitmire responds to Hidalgo's complaint that he won't meet with her

Quote:

"Mayor Whitmire says he doesn't have time for games or meet and greets. He is busy running the city of Houston, which includes preparing for Hurricane Season with the assistance of the City's Office of Emergency Management.
"Since the beginning of his tenure, the Mayor has directed his team of experienced employees to go to work on behalf of the city and to coordinate with the county.
"Both teams have been in contact through the City's Office of Emergency Management and Harris County Emergency Management. They have met at least ten times this year regarding emergency planning and response.
"There is ongoing discussion and collaboration.
"Mayor Whitmire is confident the city is prepared to work with the county, governor, and state emergency center before and during hurricane season.
"Mayor Whitmire has met with Harris County Commissioners Garcia, Briones, and Ramsey, and he is confident he and Judge Hidalgo will meet when it's time."

Poor unserious Lina. Whitmire is a man who doesn't have time for her commie bull***** Dora just wants the photo op to take herself feel important. Whitmire too busy trying to get **** done.
taba82
8:21a, 4/27/24
Guess we know which one is a leader... one says it like it is and the other continues to whine and complain.
Mike
Aggie Band '82
Anastasia Beaverhaven
1:52p, 4/27/24
They both suck but Whitmire sucks less
WestHoustonAg79
12:21p, 4/28/24
In reply to Anastasia Beaverhaven
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

I've been pretty pumped with the change in regime. Was always going to be a D and so far (from my limited sample size) he seems to be serious about changing the status quo and getting **** done. Time will tell but this is so much better than sly and his ilk corrupt AS running things.)
WestHoustonAg79
12:26p, 4/28/24
In reply to Anastasia Beaverhaven

What I like the most about all this is how he's putting Dora back in the background noise.

Who here really followed or knew how important the Harris County Judge was pre-COVID? I feel like she took the opp to become a driving force. Never been someone to claim to follow city politics like the well informed but Lina is the first county judge that I can remember being important (33 yo).

He's big dicking her and putting her back in her roles cave it came from.

Either come help or stfu why you cry to your vampire beta boytoy is what he's saying in bro talk.

I can dig it.
sts7049
12:58p, 4/28/24
In reply to WestHoustonAg79
WestHoustonAg79 said:

What I like the most about all this is how he's putting Dora back in the background noise.

Who here really followed or knew how important the Harris County Judge was pre-COVID? I feel like she took the opp to become a driving force. Never been someone to claim to follow city politics like the well informed but Lina is the first county judge that I can remember being important (33 yo).

Either come help or stfu why you cry to your vampire beta boytoy is what he's saying in bro talk.

I can dig it.
i guess you've never heard of ed emmett?
WestHoustonAg79
1:06p, 4/28/24
In reply to sts7049
sts7049 said:

WestHoustonAg79 said:

I can dig it.
i guess you've never heard of ed emmett?

Yes. I knew who the county judge was but never seemed to be headline news every week (could be wrong. Moved back after grad school in 2015 so just had 3-4 years with him in that position and was young professional age.).

Not saying I'm correct. I'm just sharing what I see from my 33 y/o perspective is all.
bigjag19
2:57p, 4/28/24
In reply to WestHoustonAg79
Ed wasn't in the news as much as he wasn't a look at me type. He was a get stuff done type.
Psycho Bunny
3:01p, 4/28/24
In reply to bigjag19
bigjag19 said:

Ed wasn't in the news as much as he wasn't a look at me type. He was a get stuff done type.
This is so true, only time Ed was on TV, when something major was happening in Harris County.
Americans new motto
htxag09
4:26p, 4/28/24
In reply to Psycho Bunny
Psycho Bunny said:

bigjag19 said:

This is so true, only time Ed was on TV, when something major was happening in Harris County.

We serious? Ed was on TV every damn chance he got to try and save the astrodome.
Project Gemini
4:31p, 4/28/24
Ed was hurricanes and the Dome. We didnt hear much from him otherwise. Certainly not like we hear about Lina's pet, pet projects, rehab, vacations, and other dribble.
Psycho Bunny
4:36p, 4/28/24
In reply to Project Gemini
Project Gemini said:

Ed was hurricanes and the Dome. We didnt hear much from him otherwise. Certainly not like we hear about Lina's pet, pet projects, rehab, vacations, and other dribble.
Not to mention every 30 minutes Lina posting something X.
Americans new motto
TX04Aggie
6:03p, 4/28/24
Haha i love this. Sorry Dora, you are an p irrelevant head case. Whitmire, I can see not having the patience for incompetent idiots.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 6 of 9
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings