38,313 Views | 378 Replies
schmendeler
10:01p, 4/6/24
Not great
schmendeler
10:18p, 4/6/24
Ferris Wheel Allstar
4:21p, 4/7/24
We've had issues leaning guys on base for the past two years too. We overcame it in 2022 but not last year. We need more power other than Yordan. When things are great, we score 10 runs, but mostly we have high OBP and no one that drives them in. I'm not panicking yet, but we need someone to step up out of Chas, Meyers, or the black hole at 1B
Bondag
7:46p, 4/7/24
Blanco is human
schmendeler
7:52p, 4/7/24
Altuve just watched 6 pitches without swinging once. Started 3-0 then three strikes in a row.
jetch17
8:34p, 4/7/24
Finally

Chewy
10:42p, 4/7/24
Another great performance by Blanco but what does this franchise look like without Yordan since 2019?

I swear he's hit more crucial/game altering home runs in his career than any Astro. I love Altuve as the greatest Astro ever but Yordan has swung a massive stick since 2019 when it comes to timely homers that actually matter.

I bet I could get to 20 of his swings that lead to a win without much effort.
schmendeler
11:12p, 4/7/24
In reply to Chewy
It really is impressive
randy828
8:07a, 4/8/24
In reply to Chewy
Chewy said:

Another great performance by Blanco but what does this franchise look like without Yordan since 2019?

I swear he's hit more crucial/game altering home runs in his career than any Astro. I love Altuve as the greatest Astro ever but Yordan has swung a massive stick since 2019 when it comes to timely homers that actually matter.

Who saw Blanco being the ace of the staff in 2024?? LOL

Hopefully he can hang in there till the guys on the DL can come and help.
Booma94
8:28a, 4/8/24
In reply to randy828
randy828 said:

Chewy said:

Who saw Blanco being the ace of the staff in 2024?? LOL

Hopefully he can hang in there till the guys on the DL can come and help.
I know it was his first start of the season, but JV didn't exactly blow 'em away yesterday. He was on a 65 pitch pitch-count, and he had 6 K's but he got hit pretty hard in the 2nd inning. He is the only DL hope of realistically on the team by May. The others will be lucky to be back by July, and McCullers might never by fully back.
sts7049
9:22a, 4/8/24
i don't think mccullers is ever pitching for us again
MAS444
9:26a, 4/8/24
In reply to sts7049
Quote:

i don't think mccullers is ever pitching for us again
jetch17
4:43p, 4/8/24
Obese Framber scratched tonight - presser incoming
Mr. McGibblets
4:45p, 4/8/24
PEDs on the elbow.

I got some cream.
Mikeyshooter
9:34p, 4/8/24
In reply to jetch17
jetch17 said:

Obese Framber scratched tonight - presser incoming

Should have traded his ass in the off-season.

jetch17
9:44p, 4/8/24
Milwaukees Best Light
9:45a, 4/9/24
McCullers is Carlos Hernandez 2.0.
You kids can wikipedia that one.
chlavinka
12:06p, 4/10/24
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
lol. For real. I'm sure he would have retired already but they have to put on a good show for the insurance policy. His dad flamed out early too. It's a shame.
Milwaukees Best Light
8:26p, 4/10/24
How long do we have to continue with this Abreu abortion? Guy was **** all season last year, did ok in the playoffs, when everyone else went to ****, but is back to being extra ****ty now. I have seen enough.
Chewy
8:29p, 4/10/24
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
And Jon Singleton is his backup…
htxag09
8:30p, 4/10/24
If you think abreu is our sole issue I have some news for you…..
Sea Speed
8:35p, 4/10/24
In reply to htxag09
htxag09 said:

If you think abreu is our sole issue I have some news for you…..

Where did anyone say he was the sole issue?
Milwaukees Best Light
8:40p, 4/10/24
And can we stop the narrative that this team is just one big moment away from turning the corner? We waited all season last year for them to 'turn it on' and it never happened. Things are trending the same way this year.

I posted earlier about keeping JV on the IL until July, but I don't think this team can wait that long. We need him and worry about the playoffs when/if we get there.
jetch17
8:57p, 4/10/24
We lick.
Chewy
10:02p, 4/10/24
Is sitting Altuve, Yordan, and Chas late in this game a sign they're sitting tomorrow?

KC is throwing Singer who's probably their best pitcher. Were throwing Hunter Brown.

I would expect brooms in KC tomorrow which means we'll probably win…
Chewy
10:30a, 4/11/24
Altuve and Yordan playing today. Thank goodness.

jetch17
11:15a, 4/11/24
No Abreu
RynoAg
11:28a, 4/11/24
Anyone with any sense knows, Singleton should be released immediately, and Abreu should be buried on the bench indefinitely. Eat the contract and move on. These guys are automatic outs in an already anemic lineup.
BQRyno
11:38a, 4/11/24
In reply to RynoAg
From Ryno to Ryno, I agree
randy828
12:12p, 4/11/24
In reply to RynoAg
RynoAg said:

Anyone with any sense knows, Singleton should be released immediately, and Abreu should be buried on the bench indefinitely. Eat the contract and move on. These guys are automatic outs in an already anemic lineup.
Has Corey Julks played any 1B? Call him up and try him out there. Or time for Cabbage? Or Joey Loperfido and see what that top prospect can do?

Anything!
Serotonin
1:19p, 4/11/24
So whats the deal with Abreu? I understand power loss over time which was to be expected but what's with the inability to make good contact? It's like he can no longer see the ball.

Anyone got an advanced analytics view on this?

And yes, I agree that Abreu isn't the only issue, but given the fact that he's third highest salary on the payroll and plays a position that should be the strongest (or one of the strongest) bats in the lineup, he's clearly the #1 issue right now. What's the Astros record in one run games? 0-4 or 0-5 at this point?
htxag09
1:19p, 4/11/24
Our production with RISP from top to bottom is comical at this point.
jetch17
1:20p, 4/11/24
F ME.
htxag09
1:22p, 4/11/24
In reply to Serotonin
My uneducated opinion is simply Father Time. His bat speed just looks way slower. So he's guessing more, swinging at breaking balls out of the zone, late on fastballs, etc
htxag09
1:26p, 4/11/24
In reply to jetch17
jetch17 said:

F ME.

F me is right. This is just brutal. At least I now have the Masters to keep me occupied. This team is lost at the moment. Talent is there. But wtf is happening.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 11
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings