Houston
Sponsored by

Bayou Music Center

1,622 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by kubiak03
maroon10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never been. Is three a certain section better/worse than others or all good there?
cajunaggie08
AG
It depends on what you're going for. Its a small venue compared to places like the Woodlands or Toyota Center so there really isnt a bad seat. If you are in 202 or 208 closest to the stage you will be up against the wall and won't be able to see the the back part of the stage. Like all concert venues in town, drinks are stupid expensive.
spadilly
S
For a concert, the four person table/booths in the back are worth the money in my opinion. Best place for the sound quality in the venue.
jetch17
AG
spadilly said:

For a concert, the four person table/booths in the back are worth the money in my opinion. Best place for the sound quality in the venue.

Did this years ago and it is nice - I called to inquire about a show I'm going to in a couple weeks and it's $400/person for a table for 4 … didn't realize it was THAT much

Then again I haven't been to a show there since about 2016.

Now that hard rock is defunct are there any places still in bayou place for pre show beverages?
randy828
AG
The AMC movie theater has a place you can get wine/beer and I think spirits. I think they still have some food service. They do have a decent seating area.
digging tunnels
AG
Can try Lyric Market about two blocks away across from Birraporetti's and Wortham Center. There's a food court and bar in there
jetch17
AG
I'm sure it'll be Flying Saucer as usual - it's a bunch of middle age & geriatric punk rockers anyway
spadilly
S
jetch17 said:

spadilly said:

Did this years ago and it is nice - I called to inquire about a show I'm going to in a couple weeks and it's $400/person for a table for 4 … didn't realize it was THAT much

Now that hard rock is defunct are there any places still in bayou place for pre show beverages?

Good grief. I checked recently for a show and it was about $120/person. That $400 is way too much to spend.
jetch17
AG
Yeah that's what I was expecting … that was a no brainer
TX04Aggie
AG
Theyve really got to redo that whole center. Everything has closed but the AMC and music hall. It used to have decent options back in the day.
Booma94
AG
jetch17 said:

Not really. That entire location has turned into a wasteland. No restaurants at all, very limited drink options. It's a shame because that location had potential to be an all-purpose entertainment venue but reportedly poor management and the pandemic have all but killed it.
cajunaggie08
AG
Booma94 said:

jetch17 said:

Not really. That entire location has turned into a wasteland. No restaurants at all, very limited drink options. It's a shame because that location had potential to be an all-purpose entertainment venue but reportedly poor management and the pandemic have all but killed it.
It was dying even before the pandemic. I was always under the impression that the property owner valued its location more than patrons actually do so any restaurant/bar located there couldnt last long due to high rent. Hard Rock lasted as long as it did just off of nostalgia alone. I'm probably one of the younger people to remember when Hard Rock Cafe as a bar/restaurant concept was something that could attract a crowd and I'm pushing 40. If it was closer to the other downtown bars it might stand a better chance but instead its surrounded by the theater district which is mainly a crowd that wants to go downtown only for a pre-show meal then wants to get out of downtown as fast as possible.
jetch17
AG
digging tunnels said:

Can try Lyric Market about two blocks away across from Birraporetti's and Wortham Center. There's a food court and bar in there
looking closer at this online I may go give this a shot. Looks pretty nice
BBRex
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Booma94 said:

jetch17 said:

It was dying even before the pandemic. I was always under the impression that the property owner valued its location more than patrons actually do so any restaurant/bar located there couldnt last long due to high rent. Hard Rock lasted as long as it did just off of nostalgia alone. I'm probably one of the younger people to remember when Hard Rock Cafe as a bar/restaurant concept was something that could attract a crowd and I'm pushing 40. If it was closer to the other downtown bars it might stand a better chance but instead its surrounded by the theater district which is mainly a crowd that wants to go downtown only for a pre-show meal then wants to get out of downtown as fast as possible.
I still remember when Hard Rock Cafe was on Kirby. Even without Covid, I think Hard Rock's time has passed.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
jetch17 said:

it's a bunch of middle age & geriatric punk rockers anyway
You going tonight? I'd like to check SD off the list, but even the GA price was more than I was willing to pay to see a battle of the raspy vocalists in 2024.
jetch17
AG
Jugstore Cowboy said:

jetch17 said:

it's a bunch of middle age & geriatric punk rockers anyway
You going tonight? I'd like to check SD off the list, but even the GA price was more than I was willing to pay to see a battle of the raspy vocalists in 2024.
haha yeah - im a Social D hobag and have never seen Bad Religion. Just wanted to go see Ness since he battled cancer all last year and made it out the other side.
kubiak03
AG
Always enjoyed that venue. Easy to park and get to plus just a nice overall set up for a concert/sound/drinks.

Waited in line for hours to get free limp bizkit tickets during their Napster tour haha, Cypress Hill opened.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.