Houston
Sponsored by

Anybody been a patient of Dr. Jerry Gentry?

810 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by ccolley68
AJ02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been referred to him for pain management in lower back. Trying everything I can to put off fusion surgery.

Anyone use him before? Seems to get good ratings online, but would prefer more of a firsthand account of him.
ccolley68
AG
I have lower back issues, and no amount of pain meds or injections ever help when I'm in pain. You could tell me you were going to take me to the fiery gates of hell if you could provide me relief and I would go. I went to see spinal surgeon Dr Dodwad and he recommended Pilates. Sounds silly I know, I thought so too, but I've been doing it for 2-3 years now and had marked improvement. I still have some pain flare ups occasionally, but it is far less painful than it used to be, far shorter tome to get upright again, and much more manageable on the whole. Even went skiing with the family at spring break this year, something I would never have dreamt of doing again a few years ago.

Just food for thought. I know it's no help for your actual question, but as a fellow back pain sufferer, I felt inclined to offer it up. I know how debilitating it can be, and how hopeless it can seem. Dr Dodwad is a very surgery averse surgeon, which was what I wanted. I didn't want the guy who goes straight to cutting you open.
AJ02
AG
Same for me. I've done multiple spinal injections and they haven't done a thing for me. I can't take opioids (make me sick) so I just get by on ice packs and heating pads. OTC anti-inflammatories don't work so I don't even bother.

I'm starting a six week PT program next week. Going twice a week. Hopefully that helps at least somewhat. I'm willing to try anything before jumping to surgery.
Lonestarandi
AG
Don't knock it until you've tried it. Has helped my dad with his pain and mobility after a fall that hospitalized him and came with rehab.

Green lipped mussel oil capsules. Be sure to get the kind for humans… it's a big market for elderly pups with mobility issues too.

Good luck on finding what works for you.
ccolley68
AG
AJ02 said:

Same for me. I've done multiple spinal injections and they haven't done a thing for me. I can't take opioids (make me sick) so I just get by on ice packs and heating pads. OTC anti-inflammatories don't work so I don't even bother.

I'm starting a six week PT program next week. Going twice a week. Hopefully that helps at least somewhat. I'm willing to try anything before jumping to surgery.

I did PT before Pilates and it sucked. Aside from costing a fortune, it was basically just me and a bunch of immobile olds in there trying to rehab hips and crap. Pilates has been infinitely more helpful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.