AC Replacement Cost
1,670 Views | 5 Replies
AggieGunslinger
2:47p, 4/4/23
Anyone have their AC replaced lately, my 24 year old trane system finally gave up yesterday. I was quoted 9k to get all the old stuff out and new stuff in, forced gas just like I had. Most of the ducting is staying but some small modifications are being made to increase efficiency.
AGC
4:37p, 4/4/23
In reply to AggieGunslinger
AggieGunslinger said:

Anyone have their AC replaced lately, my 24 year old trane system finally gave up yesterday. I was quoted 9k to get all the old stuff out and new stuff in, forced gas just like I had. Most of the ducting is staying but some small modifications are being made to increase efficiency.

Less than I paid for a 2000 SF house. Edit: this was last summer, two stage SEER 13.
PeekingDuck
12:29p, 4/5/23
I had Coy Dodd replace mine last year for about that price. Slightly less if I recall. They gave a couple hundred dollar cash discount. Think it was 8500 or so? I'd have to look at sizing when I get home.
eliag04
9:39p, 4/10/23
Just went through about 10 different quotes ended up going with $10500 for condenser(2stage 17sr), evap coil, and furnace.... wasn't the lowest bid, but 10 yr warranty parts and labor and I just felt better about their quality of work.
AggieGunslinger
9:39a, 4/11/23
Thanks, I got a few more bids and went with the initial bid of 9k for 5ton seer 17. Rose City Air was who I used and I was happy with the process.
AGC
9:09p, 4/11/23
In reply to AggieGunslinger
AggieGunslinger said:

Thanks, I got a few more bids and went with the initial bid of 9k for 5ton seer 17. Rose City Air was who I used and I was happy with the process.

Lucky you and everyone else who lose their AC in the winter and not august like me.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings