Zebras off Hwy 7?

1,534 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by OCEN99
DTP02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
(Not SEC ref related)

We have a place up around Center which I've driven to many times via Hwy 7. One time several (6-8?) years ago I was driving with my family in the car and I looked off to the left (north/west) and saw a herd of zebras off in the distance on some pastureland.

It was a little bit hilly so they were lost from view, before I could get anyone in the car's attention, between our speed and the terrain.

I look to the left every time I've driven up since then, but never seen them again. My family thinks I was seeing things at this point.

Can anyone confirm that there are or were zebras at some point off Hwy 7 between Crockett and Center?

It's been so long I can't remember exactly the stretch anymore, but I think it was between Crockett and Nacogdoches.
Agthatbuilds
Yes, there's a wild game ranch though I pretty sure it's west of Crockett. Maybe even west of centerville.
OCEN99
AG
There's a place south of Lufkin on FM 58 that has housed exotics of various species in the past, and driving by once last month I saw they had a few zebras out in the pasture.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.